Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,322 members, 7,867,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 06:26 AM

Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President (15190 Views)

LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN / 64 Senators Endorse Bukola Saraki For Senate Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 2:11am On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

Also, how do you say "come" in Ijaw?

Maybe Wazobia needs to be revised   grin grin grin

I[b]t looks like there is a new big three[/b]. . .

Indeed

Where is Beaf

it is now going to be

WaZO?

And as usual, Yorubas take the lead with Wa grin grin

I dey laugh tooooo grin
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 2:11am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

Let me start. You are my inferior.  grin grin grin grin

If you have Igbo blood in you which I highly doubt, it has been corrupted by that Kanuri desert rat blood.

However, you are worthy enough to be my gateman or security. Just say "YES BOSS!"
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

as i said, when last have you been to nigeria grin wink

well i do not care how you see me because it does not matter undecided

i know if you ezeuche see the sight of a northerner not to talk of a tall kanuri man,., u go run with no shoes i tell ya

no one is superior over the other cool
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 2:11am On Jan 28, 2011
But let me be serious.

Igbo brothers and sisters, listen to a comment from our very own brother.

Clement Okonkwo -

"The Ibos knew that they are being maginalized in the democarctic participation of Nigeria and it happens so that most of the time, the ibos simply agreed to get along with others irrespective of grave consequences. many atimes, such sacrifices were deliberately with hope of bonding Nigerians together even when the controversy were mere ploy.

This time arround, the Ibos are not longer considered even as partners in
the power-shift. Logically speaking, since allNigerians fought to subdue the]Ibos, they are only negotiating amongst themselves so that they could not be fragmented of fall apart in the Nigerian union of federation. One may
be curious to ask, is the war still going on ? Whom would you complain to?"
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 2:12am On Jan 28, 2011
jason123:

It's called "vare". I said this when ohanaeze was endorsing GJ. The big three does not exist anymore. Infact an ijaw man came on this forum and said it now "WAZOVARE" NOT "WAZOBIA". SMH at this disorganised country.
grin grin grin

Wazovare? Doesn't sound bad at all.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Chyz2: 2:12am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

Aunty Dora is really getting these people up in arms. An Igbo woman is able to make these so called men get upset. Pathetic to say the least.  grin grin grin

That's why I love our women. She always sends chills down their spines. The thing to top it off is that she's very ambitions and aggressive. grin cool
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Nobody: 2:13am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

Aunty Dora is really getting these people up in arms. An Igbo woman is able to make these so called men get upset. Pathetic to say the least.  grin grin grin

Who is she getting upset exactly? Or are you reading the article sideways?

What is pathetic is that I'm able to rile you ppl up in here. Pathetic!

Instead of that old bat to work with her men in Jos, she dey carry wahala go SW. Anywaz, Yoruba politicians know how to play their game. Make the Hausa man continue to make guruguru/epa of you guys
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 2:14am On Jan 28, 2011
@Chyz
The truth is that, this country cannot do without Zoning. I mean, take a look at ACN (a so called yoruba party),why would they pick ribadu or buhari? or PDP,why would they pick GEJ with SAMBO? Zoning would never end. GJ simply took Ndigbo's space politically. Therefore, its now Ijaw first before Ndigbo. That is what I can see. This is my opinion, what do you think?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dempeople(m): 2:14am On Jan 28, 2011
As we haven't produced the President and the Vice, the senate president should go to the SE. No need to raise hairs over Dora's statement. Dora is shaping up to become a fantastic senator for us Ndigbo. I shared her exact opinions on this issue a few days ago here on this forum.

Infact, the SE governors should pressure the PDP and GEJ into seeing that we produce a senate presido this time around. It should be one of their conditional requests as part of Ndigbo's support for GEJ. If they never did this initially then I wonder what and what were the conditions for Ndigbo's support.

Onlytruth:

Posted by: jason123
Why do you guys from the west always use this term?
Frankly, it is the most self deceiving, re-tarded term anyone can use to describe Igbo. If anyone accuses Igbo of SUPERIORITY complex, they may not be that far for the truth because frankly we believe that no other tribe in Nigeria can do anything better than us; name it, we outperform others. cool cool

So where is the so called inferiority complex from, when we have been agitating for separation from 1967?

So please stop deceiving yourselves for once!  undecided undecided undecided
EzeUche_:

I always laugh at when they say this.

Everyone knows that many Igbos feel that they are superior to other groups that reside in Nigeria. That is why many people have often referred to the Igbos as egotistical.

Igbos see each other as kings and queens. Many of us feel that we are better than other people. Sad but true. However, I never felt inferior to anyone. It goes against our culture.

[size=13pt]Both of you thoroughly deserve chieftaincy titles. Eri will be proud. [/size]
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 2:15am On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: jason123

Now you have changed it to me!
ME Onlytruth of all people feel inferior to you?  

Chineke me! shocked shocked
Where have I given you any reason to think that?

I hope you are not mistaking my fair mindedness and a strong sense of equity to all, to mean inferiority complex. undecided cry

Dude, NO ONE here in nairaland is greater than me!  cool cool cool

How many Nnewi folks have you seen bowing to anybody?

Dude, you really need to have your head examined.  undecided

no no no onlytruth u don start again grin grin wink wink

remember no one we are neutral whether igbo or kanuri smiley
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 2:15am On Jan 28, 2011
Posted by: Chyz*

That's why I love our women. She always sends chills down their spines. The thing to top it off is that s[b]he's very ambitions and aggressive.[/b]

They are waiting for our men to start trouble, but they never put our women in the equation. Igboland is a place where EVERYBODY is capable of anything.
Underrate Dora at your own peril.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 2:17am On Jan 28, 2011
dem_people:

As we haven't produced the President and the Vice, the senate president should go to the SE. No need to raise hairs over Dora's statement.
Dora is shaping up to become a fantastic senator for us Ndigbo. I shared her exact opinions on this issue a few days ago here on this forum.

Infact, the SE governors should pressure the PDP and GEJ into seeing that we produce a presido this time around. It should be one of their conditional requests as part of Ndigbo's support for GEJ. If they never did this initially then I wonder what and what were the conditions for Ndigbo's support.

Both of you thoroughly deserve chieftaincy titles. Eri will be proud.

@ Bolded

??
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 2:17am On Jan 28, 2011
It honestly cracks me up. Like, SW people by and large aren't even overwhelmingly PDP. So we get to enjoy our own party (ACN), but also get benefit from the PDP  grin grin grin

This Nigeria is a very amusing country sometimes.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dempeople(m): 2:18am On Jan 28, 2011
jason123:

[b]
@ Bolded

??

It is what it is. I meant the President and Vice in the fourth republic.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 2:19am On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

It honestly cracks me up. Like, SW people by and large aren't even overwhelmingly PDP. So we get to enjoy our own party (ACN), but also get benefit from the PDP  grin grin grin

This Nigeria is a very amusing country sometimes.

Same with the HAUSA (CPC and ANPP) and the igbos (APGA)
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 2:19am On Jan 28, 2011
My Igbo brethren, in all seriousness, I am getting a little worried. No, I am getting very worried how we Igbos are becoming more marginalized than ever before. I have supported GEJ, but it would seem that something nefarious is amidst.

Other groups are trying to use the Ijaw to block the Igbo from our glory. We all should be worried, because they are trying to back us into a corner. And I refuse to be backed in a corner. Our politicians have been bought off by the highest bidder and we Igbos have been left leaderless. We need to do something before it is too late!

As eku_bear has stated, the Yoruba are not even heavily PDP member yet they benefit from this zoning. What kind of nonsense is this?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 2:20am On Jan 28, 2011
dem_people:

As we haven't produced the President and the Vice, the senate president should go to the SE. No need to raise hairs over Dora's statement. Dora is shaping up to become a fantastic senator for us Ndigbo. I shared her exact opinions on this issue a few days ago here on this forum.

Infact, the SE governors should pressure the PDP and GEJ into seeing that we produce a presido this time around. It should be one of their conditional requests as part of Ndigbo's support for GEJ. If they never did this initially then I wonder what and what were the conditions for Ndigbo's support.

[size=13pt]Both of you thoroughly deserve chieftaincy titles. Eri will be proud. [/size]

no no  no

do not start this we vs them mentality

lets look at things without sentiments undecided
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 2:20am On Jan 28, 2011
Posted by: alj harem

no no no onlytruth u don start again  grin grin wink

remember no one we are neutral whether igbo or kanur

Frankly some Nigerians are so pathetic in thinking.  undecided
Perhaps because I mentioned that a Yoruba is my top pastor yesterday, suddenly I am feeling inferior to them?

These people are just unbelievable.  shocked shocked

Ok, alj Harem, what do you think about the topic?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Freewilly(f): 2:21am On Jan 28, 2011
Now I see  why Yoruba people can't stand Dora Akunyili the woman really knows how to stick it to them where it hurts.

I'll predict that this thread will make it to the front page of NL before the night is over so all the anti Dora monkeys can find a place to gather again.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Abagworo(m): 2:21am On Jan 28, 2011
Igbos should forget about governing Nigeria until elections become free and fair.I hope to be in a position to change Nigeria by 2019.I have never been an advocate of ethnicity but it is always good to stand by the truth.Many Igbo leaders came up to deny zoning and even joined in humiliating Ogbulafor just because he admitted and stood by the truth.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 2:22am On Jan 28, 2011
alj harem:

no no  no

Our politicians may not get along, but we the Igbo people stick together.

Yes it is we vs them and I support this mentality. Now get over it. You will not divide us. One love for all my Igbo brothers and sisters from Asaba all the way to Afikpo.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 2:24am On Jan 28, 2011
Freewilly:

Now I see  why Yoruba people can't stand Dora Akunyili the woman really knows how to stick it to them where it hurts.

I'll predict that this thread will make it to the front page of NL before the night is over so all the anti Dora monkeys can find a place to gather again.

You do not get it so get out before you turn this into another tribal war! How does that translate to yoruba people cant stand Dora?  angry
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 2:25am On Jan 28, 2011
Abagworo:

Igbos should forget about governing Nigeria until elections become free and fair.I hope to be in a position to change Nigeria by 2019.I have never been an advocate of ethnicity but it is always good to stand by the truth.Many Igbo leaders came up to deny zoning and even joined in humiliating Ogbulafor just because he admitted and stood by the truth.

Igbos will never govern Nigeria. Haven't you realized that by now. No one trusts us. They will even trust an Eastern minority (No offense) than trust the Ndi Igbo. Nigeria as a state will continue to keep the Igbo man and woman down. Until we break out of this union, nothing will change for our people.

Mehn we need to get rid of the liberal Igbos that are amongst us. I am getting sick and tired of them as well. Cowards all of them.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dempeople(m): 2:25am On Jan 28, 2011
alj harem:

no no  no

Which one is "we vs them mentality"? I've looked at things without sentiments and I still stand with my previous comments.

BTW, do you want a chieftaincy title yourself? You're now a titled man and should be referred to as; Hausa abata Awka alias Okpo 1 of Igboland via Nairaland.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 2:25am On Jan 28, 2011
Freewilly:

Who said we are anti Dora? That she speaks out against this doesn't mean she (or anyone else in the SE) has power to change it.

So why should anyone be against her?  grin She (like the rest of the politicians in the SE) are utterly harmless. One might even call them all politically impotent grin grin grin

No dislike from me. All I have for her is love. . . and lots and lots of laughter  grin grin grin
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 2:25am On Jan 28, 2011
Is this scheme to establish a New Nigerian Order in fact a reality? Yes it is. If you do not believe this I encourage you to look at the polity a lil more closely.

To the rest of Nigeria, there is no difference between the SE and the SS, and since they have a representative in Asorock. It is only fair that A Yoruba man becomes Senate President

I hope Dora, who seems to be leading the Igbos in their showdown with the SW, is willing to die for what she believes in. Because the last time, i checked, only one group has shown time and again that they are ready to give it all their all for what they want.

The last time the Ibos tried fighting for their right, the leader fled to the Ivory coast. How are we so sure that when push comes to shove our dearest flip-flopper a la rabble rouser par excellence would not flee to Somalia.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 2:27am On Jan 28, 2011
Abagworo:

Why should igbos forget it? I tell you, once an igbo man can sweep Nigeria with his charisma, people would vote.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 2:27am On Jan 28, 2011
Posted by: EzeUche_

My Igbo brethren, in all seriousness, I am getting a little worried. No, I am getting very worried how we Igbos are becoming more marginalized than ever before. I have supported GEJ, but it would seem that something nefarious is amidst.

Other groups are trying to use the Ijaw to block the Igbo from our glory. We all should be worried, because they are trying to back us into a corner. And I refuse to be backed in a corner. Our politicians have been bought off by the highest bidder and we Igbos have been left leaderless. We need to do something before it is too late!

As eku_bear has stated, the Yoruba are not even heavily PDP member yet they benefit from this zoning. What kind of nonsense is this?

This is why I said earlier that Igbo members of the PDP should be held accountable. They are supposed to extract commitments from Jonathan and PDP before deciding to support GEJ. In fact I am still supporting GEJ because I believe they must done that.

What Nigerians don't even understand is that you cannot cage Ndigbo in Nigeria. The election is still months away.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dayokanu(m): 2:27am On Jan 28, 2011
If you stand for nothing, you fall for everything
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 2:27am On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: alj harem
Frankly some Nigerians are so pathetic in thinking.  undecided
Perhaps because I mentioned that a Yoruba is my top pastor yesterday, suddenly I am feeling inferior to them?

These people are just unbelievable.  shocked shocked

Ok, alj Harem, what do you think about the topic?

i think other groups like hausa/fulani and yoruba/edo are trying to block igbos from the position of power undecided

think of it, it is a way of droping the igbos in the big three and putting ijaws undecided

it is sad but truth

now it depends on how igbos react to it

i mean

if they like it that why undecided  or   if they will not accept it undecided it is all in igbos hands not ohaneze but the people

also i will advice igbos to form alliance with the yorubas/edo or hausa/fulani

remember ijaws are now claiming port harcount and other igbo lands, which is a form of cheating because igbos view ijaws as brother

EzeUche_:

ezeuche this is the best post you have made in your life i tell you grin grin wink
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 2:29am On Jan 28, 2011
On WaZoVare we stand!

NO more WaZoBia, thank you!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 2:31am On Jan 28, 2011
@ Fellow Nairalanders

This is not the time to rile anyone. This is a serious matter. If the Ndigbo feel cheated then the country would still break up since they are part of the big 3. Thats the reality.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Chyz2: 2:32am On Jan 28, 2011
fstranger1:

On WaZoVare we stand!

NO more WaZoBia, thank you!

I agree. You three are welcome to stay in the same country while we leave. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe / Buhari Is A Hypocrite Who Described OBJ As A Patriot For Letter To GEJ - Reno / Illegal Recruitment: Buhari Vows Sanctions, ICPC Indicts Ngige Ministry, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.