Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,619 members, 7,955,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:18 PM

I Want To Know Why Fornication Is Greatest Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Know Why Fornication Is Greatest Sin (310 Views)

Why Fornication Is Evil / Fornication Is How The Devil Captures The Lives Of Promising Young Men Nowadays. / Fornication Is Not Just Sleeping With Someone You Are Not Married To... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Know Why Fornication Is Greatest Sin by BonPatrick(m): 7:41pm On Jun 21, 2020
someone please clear my doubt, why is it that everyone turns "SEX" as the greatest sin and always emphasize on it. when u have sex they look at you as if u have committed the greatest sin. what of murder, false witness, stealing, backbiting, and other sin. are they lesser sin. this happens mostly in Africa. if someone come to preach to you. they term based all the topic on sex and neglect other sin....
Re: I Want To Know Why Fornication Is Greatest Sin by iTroll: 7:44pm On Jun 21, 2020
Sexual sins are the most rampant in our society nowadays so its logical that people talk about it more than other vices.

No sin is greater than the other.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Know Why Fornication Is Greatest Sin by Acehart: 7:47pm On Jun 21, 2020
BonPatrick:
someone please clear my doubt, why is it that everyone turns "SEX" as the greatest sin and always emphasize on it. when u have sex they look at you as if u have committed the greatest sin. what of murder, false witness, stealing, backbiting, and other sin. are they lesser sin. this happens mostly in Africa. if someone come to preach to you. they term based all the topic on sex and neglect other sin....

Fornication is not the greatest sin. The greatest sin is unbelief.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Know Why Fornication Is Greatest Sin by iTroll: 7:50pm On Jun 21, 2020
Acehart:

Fornication is not the greatest sin. The greatest sin is unbelief.
I will reiterate that I don't believe any sin is greater than the other.

A sinful believer is as guilty as a disbelieving believer.

You seem to be looking at this matter from the lenses of religion. Take a step back and find another perspective to this matter. Take spirituality as an example.
Re: I Want To Know Why Fornication Is Greatest Sin by Acehart: 7:51pm On Jun 21, 2020
iTroll:

I will reiterate that I don't believe any sin is greater than the other.

A sinful believer is as guilty as a disbelieving believer.

You seem to be looking at this matter from the lenses of religion. Take a step back and find another perspective to this matter. Take spirituality as an example.

Sorry the message wasn’t intended for you. You could delete my response on your comment. Thanks
Re: I Want To Know Why Fornication Is Greatest Sin by iTroll: 7:53pm On Jun 21, 2020
Acehart:

Sorry the message wasn’t intended for you. You could delete my response on your comment. Thanks
Ok
Re: I Want To Know Why Fornication Is Greatest Sin by Bola146(f): 7:56pm On Jun 21, 2020
It's better for you to have a good partner than fornicating around. It's very bad
Re: I Want To Know Why Fornication Is Greatest Sin by judedwriter(m): 8:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
BonPatrick:

Fornication isn't the greatest sin... It's just that it's a very common sin most people commit everyday with their bodies and in their imaginations.

No sin is greater than the other, just that fornication has great punishments.
Re: I Want To Know Why Fornication Is Greatest Sin by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 21, 2020
BonPatrick:

God said so! smiley

When you're asked to mention the things you hated most, do you put the one that's not serious first?

God's holy spirit guided Apostle Paul to list what God hated most and what God liked in an orderly manner.

Note what he first mentioned @ Galatians 5:19 "Fornication" & 5:22 "Love"

So after the departure of God's only begotten son, God made his beloved servants to know the root of all evil "FORNICATION" and how one begats the other!

And the virtuous attribute that gives birth to the rest "LOVE" cheesy
Re: I Want To Know Why Fornication Is Greatest Sin by Missyajoke(f): 9:23pm On Jun 21, 2020
Sin is sin whether big or small. God will judge us the same way there is no private judgement. Avoid anything that makes you sin generally kiss kiss kiss
Re: I Want To Know Why Fornication Is Greatest Sin by petra1(m): 9:53pm On Jun 21, 2020
BonPatrick:

Theres a peculiarity about fornication . Even though it's not " greatest sin" but theres a peculiarly about it that makes it different .

1 Corinthians 6:18
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
Re: I Want To Know Why Fornication Is Greatest Sin by Emma1Oj(m): 10:27pm On Jun 21, 2020
All sin are equal..but dat of fornication is of the high side because nai sweet pass.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It Only Men That Pay The Price? / El Rufai's NBA Invitation And CAMA Laws: Leave Religion Out Of The Equations / Where Are My Religious And Unreligious People Of Nairaland? Philfearon Is Back!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.