Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Edo 2020: Obaseki Penchant For Reaping Where He Did Not Sow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: Obaseki Penchant For Reaping Where He Did Not Sow (643 Views)

Bayo Onanuga: Atiku Abubakar's Penchant For Distorting Facts / Onuesoke: Buhari Has A Penchant For Disappointing Nigerians Every New Year / You Cannot Reap Where You Did Not Sow: A Message To Fela Dutoye And His Co-trave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2020: Obaseki Penchant For Reaping Where He Did Not Sow by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 21, 2020
BY Pa. Ehinmen
The recent decamping of governor Godwin Obaseki from the APC to the PDP is a further justification to the fact that the man has an appetite for reaping where he did not sow.
Before I go further in this article and since today is sunday, I want to pray this short prayer for my readers; ' May another man not reap what you have sweat for and leave you with nothing', Amen.
For those who does not know, Pastor Osagie ize-Iyamu formed a political group called the 'grace group' from 2005 to 2006. This grace group later metamorphosed into a registered political party known as the Action Congress (AC). The Action congress later changed its named to Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and in 2014 merged with other political parties to form the Edo state chapter of the All Progressive congress (APC)
However. It was the Action congress that projected then labour leader comrade Adams Aliu Oshiomole as their governorship candidate in 2007 which they won. The deal was that oshiomole being from Edo north will serve for eight years and then support Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu who is from Edo south to become the next governor in 2016.
However, in 2015, Gov. Obaseki crept into the scene with his rich friends and made oshiomole to renege on his deal with Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu and the grace group. Adams oshiomole in turn made it clear to ize-iyamu that he will not support him and that he will support obaseki who as at then was not a registered member of the APC.
This change in event and sudden betrayal of trust made Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu to leave the APC for the PDP in 2015 where he eventually became their governorship flag bearer in 2016. This was how Gov. Obaseki reaped what Ize-Iyamu sweated for.
Presently, Obaseki the serial reaper and party grabber has decamped to the PDP where he has never been a member nor contributed a dime to the growth of the party with the sole intention of grabbing the party's governorship ticket.
For those who read or watched obaseki's speech at the Edo PDP secretariat when he was been received in to the party, you will note that the first words that came out of his mouth was ' I am now the automatic leader of this party', you can check YouTube for confirmation.
What Gov. Obaseki meant by this is that he now calls the shot in the party all of a sudden. He is trying to tell other aspirants and members who has been with the party for decades to bury their head in the mud because he now controls the party and his word is law.
The PDP as a party have had their own fair share of disunity which led to the factionising of the party in 2015 into the markafi and sheriff factions. This also affected the Edo state chapter and their members were divided.
However certain core members of Edo PDP who believed in the party stayed true to the party even when others decamped to seek greener pastures in the APC. This persons included George ikhine, Ogbedie Ihama, chief Dan Orbin, Mr Ken Imasuagbon and a host of others. They helped reconciled the wary factions of the PDP in the state and used their time and resources to build the party and today some of them are governorship aspirants in the party. But all of a sudden, here comes Gov. Obaseki to reap these people sweat.
I thank God for hearing the prayers of Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu by opening the eyes of those that betrayed him before to see the real nature of Gov. Obaseki. These same people have today apologized to Pastor Ize-Iyamu for the manner they treated him and together true democracy garnished with love will come to Edo state when Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu wins in September.
May we reap the fruit of our labour!
Pa. Ehinmen is a freelance writer, a Nairalander, and a member of pastor Osagie ize-iyamu youth movement from Edo State.

1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Penchant For Reaping Where He Did Not Sow by Macphenson: 8:06pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ehinmen3:
BY Pa. Ehinmen
The recent decamping of governor Godwin Obaseki from the APC to the PDP is a further justification to the fact that the man has an appetite for reaping where he did not sow.
Before I go further in this article and since today is sunday, I want to pray this short prayer for my readers; ' May another man not reap what you have sweat for and leave you with nothing', Amen.
For those who does not know, Pastor Osagie ize-Iyamu formed a political group called the 'grace group' from 2005 to 2006. This grace group later metamorphosed into a registered political party known as the Action Congress (AC). The Action congress later changed its named to Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and in 2014 merged with other political parties to form the Edo state chapter of the All Progressive congress (APC)
However. It was the Action congress that projected then labour leader comrade Adams Aliu Oshiomole as their governorship candidate in 2007 which they won. The deal was that oshiomole being from Edo north will serve for eight years and then support Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu who is from Edo south to become the next governor in 2016.
However, in 2015, Gov. Obaseki crept into the scene with his rich friends and made oshiomole to renege on his deal with Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu and the grace group. Adams oshiomole in turn made it clear to ize-iyamu that he will not support him and that he will support obaseki who as at then was not a registered member of the APC.
This change in event and sudden betrayal of trust made Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu to leave the APC for the PDP in 2015 where he eventually became their governorship flag bearer in 2016. This was how Gov. Obaseki reaped what Ize-Iyamu sweated for.
Presently, Obaseki the serial reaper and party grabber has decamped to the PDP where he has never been a member nor contributed a dime to the growth of the party with the sole intention of grabbing the party's governorship ticket.
For those who read or watched obaseki's speech at the Edo PDP secretariat when he was been received in to the party, you will note that the first words that came out of his mouth was ' I am now the automatic leader of this party', you can check YouTube for confirmation.
What Gov. Obaseki meant by this is that he now calls the shot in the party all of a sudden. He is trying to tell other aspirants and members who has been with the party for decades to bury their head in the mud because he now controls the party and his word is law.
The PDP as a party have had their own fair share of disunity which led to the factionising of the party in 2015 into the markafi and sheriff factions. This also affected the Edo state chapter and their members were divided.
However certain core members of Edo PDP who believed in the party stayed true to the party even when others decamped to seek greener pastures in the APC. This persons included George ikhine, Ogbedie Ihama, chief Dan Orbin, Mr Ken Imasuagbon and a host of others. They helped reconciled the wary factions of the PDP in the state and used their time and resources to build the party and today some of them are governorship aspirants in the party. But all of a sudden, here comes Gov. Obaseki to reap these people sweat.
I thank God for hearing the prayers of Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu by opening the eyes of those that betrayed him before to see the real nature of Gov. Obaseki. These same people have today apologized to Pastor Ize-Iyamu for the manner they treated him and together true democracy garnished with love will come to Edo state when Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu wins in September.
Pa. Ehinmen is a freelance writer, a Nairalander, and a member of pastor Osagie ize-iyamu youth movement from Edo State.

All these foolish articles you have been writing is not what Edo people want to hear.

Is this the manifesto of your principal?

Obviously he has no plans for Edo state, if he does it would have been what you will be writing about.

Remember to also tell your principal to return the money Oshiomhole said he stole. Also remember Oshiomhole advised Edo people not to grant him access to state coffers, I think Edo people might heed to that advice as it stands now.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Penchant For Reaping Where He Did Not Sow by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
Macphenson:

All these foolish articles you have been writing is not what Edo people want to hear.

Is this the manifesto of your principal?

Obviously he has no plans for Edo state, if he does it would have been what you will be writing about.

Remember to also tell your principal to return the money Oshiomhole said he stole. Also remember Oshiomhole advised Edo people not to grant him access to state coffers, I think Edo people might heed to that advice as it stands now.

Says a fool who lacks understanding of modern day politics. People without brain like you are the reason democracy is backward in this country. Serial wailler

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Penchant For Reaping Where He Did Not Sow by Macphenson: 8:26pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ehinmen3:

Says a fool who lacks understanding of modern day politics. People without brain like you are the reason democracy is backward in this country. Serial wailler

So to you, democracy moving forward implies Oshiomhole bringing a well known thief like Pastor Ize Iyamu, whom he publicly declared called a thief, and who is currently in court for his criminal activities, to come and be in charge of Edo state coffers?

I never knew you were this useless. Little wonder you have been disturbing the peace of Naira land writing rubbish because of crumbs Ize Iyamu campaign organisation gives you.

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Penchant For Reaping Where He Did Not Sow by iokpebholo: 8:27pm On Jun 21, 2020
Bear parlor gossip
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Penchant For Reaping Where He Did Not Sow by helinues: 8:27pm On Jun 21, 2020
Edolites will decide who will be their governor..

Enough of all this epistle
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Penchant For Reaping Where He Did Not Sow by Mightyhaiz: 8:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ehinmen3:

politics indeed.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Penchant For Reaping Where He Did Not Sow by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
Macphenson:

So to you, democracy moving forward implies Oshiomhole bringing a well known thief like Pastor Ize Iyamu, whom he publicly declared called a thief, and who is currently in court for his criminal activities, to come and be in charge of Edo state coffers?

I never knew you were this useless. Little wonder you have been disturbing the peace of Naira land writing rubbish because of crumbs Ize Iyamu campaign organisation gives you.

At least this very articles got your attention, PDP ass licker. mission accomplished
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Penchant For Reaping Where He Did Not Sow by Macphenson: 7:17am On Jun 22, 2020
Ehinmen3:

At least this very articles got your attention, PDP ass licker. mission accomplished

The stupidity of the writer is what caught my attention.

I was wondering how a human being can write such useless article and even make it public. I was also wondering what could make a human being expose this level of stupidity, foolishness and low level I.Q. I came to the conclusion that only hunger will cause this. Kpele

Also not everybody is as stupid and useless as you are to allow these useless politicians in Nigerian, ( be it PDP or APC) to mess up their person and personality.

I have no attachment or affiliation to any Nigerian political party.

Let me advise you kid, tomorrow, Obaseki and Ize Iyamu can still be in PDP together , and be friends, then you realise how stupid you have been defending one against another.

Grow up, no politician or political party is worth it in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Penchant For Reaping Where He Did Not Sow by Ruggedniggaone: 8:05am On Jun 22, 2020
Ehinmen3:
BY Pa. Ehinmen
useless article from a zombie master

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Penchant For Reaping Where He Did Not Sow by Eddie4God(m): 8:49am On Jun 22, 2020
This ozuo again?
Implying that fake pastor ize-iyamu founded Action Congress in Edo state?
Bros,pls u are dense.
AC was already in existence in Edo state for years prior to 2006, while POI was in PDP stealing the State's wealth.
I still remember the then Edo State AC secretary called Gentleman Amegor who was in AC for years prior to 2006 & at a time when the likes POI was gutting & looting the coffers of Edo State.
Instead of blaming Oshiomole who was sensible enough to not support POI, you blame the Obaseki.
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Penchant For Reaping Where He Did Not Sow by dapsoneh: 8:53am On Jun 22, 2020
Did Ize Iyamu sow in APC?
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Penchant For Reaping Where He Did Not Sow by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 22, 2020
Macphenson:

The stupidity of the writer is what caught my attention.

I was wondering how a human being can write such useless article and even make it public. I was also wondering what could make a human being expose this level of stupidity, foolishness and low level I.Q. I came to the conclusion that only hunger will cause this. Kpele

Also not everybody is as stupid and useless as you are to allow these useless politicians in Nigerian, ( be it PDP or APC) to mess up their person and personality.

I have no attachment or affiliation to any Nigerian political party.

Let me advise you kid, tomorrow, Obaseki and Ize Iyamu can still be in PDP together , and be friends, then you realise how stupid you have been defending one against another.

Grow up, no politician or political party is worth it in Nigeria.

my number 1 wailler, I have release a new article, go there and wail. after all you have not written a personal article on nairaland since you joined. copy and paste block brain.
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Penchant For Reaping Where He Did Not Sow by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 22, 2020
dapsoneh:
Did Ize Iyamu sow in APC?
read before you comment, you will find your answer.
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Penchant For Reaping Where He Did Not Sow by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 22, 2020
Eddie4God:
This ozuo again?
Implying that fake pastor ize-iyamu founded Action Congress in Edo state?
Bros,pls u are dense.
AC was already in existence in Edo state for years prior to 2006, while POI was in PDP stealing the State's wealth.
I still remember the then Edo State AC secretary called Gentleman Amegor who was in AC for years prior to 2006 & at a time when the likes POI was gutting & looting the coffers of Edo State.
Instead of blaming Oshiomole who was sensible enough to not support POI, you blame the Obaseki.

lol, wake up, you have short memory, simply google the facts instead of commenting from a demential memory.

(1) (Reply)

Trader Caught Mixing Blood With Palm Oil For Sale / Hushpuppi, APC Appreciates Dino Malaye For Hanging Out With Huspuppi See Reply / Photos: Rail Connecting All Rivers 22 Local Govt To Port Harcourt - JFR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.