Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Nairaland Christians Are The Most Weak And Divided Set Of People I,ve ever Seen - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christians Are The Most Weak And Divided Set Of People I,ve ever Seen (395 Views)

Christians Are Hypocrites! What A Shame!! / Daddy Freeze: "Meet NIMROD Whose Birthday Christians Are Celebrating Today" / Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Christians Are The Most Weak And Divided Set Of People I,ve ever Seen by bigname23: 10:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
Any Muslim who comes on nairaland on a Friday will find edifying and encouraging topics with inspiring comments from fellow Muslims, but the reverse is the case when it comes to christians, rather what u see on Sundays are topics with distracting and degenerating comments from atheists...and u might ask urselves why.., the answer is simple ..Muslims know what they want and they will never accept anything less, and that is why they have their own section where u take an oath before you are allowed to partake on their threads, and even if u make it through that barier , the moderators are also Muslims hence you can never find topics with islam bashing comments on the front page.

Now when some christians raise this issues, you hear some other spirikoko christians opposing them because they believe it is a platform to reach out to athiests and that as christians we should expect persecution ... my question to those christians is ...don't u know that there are baby christians who come here to seek answers to their genuine questions? and rather than get edifying answers, what they see is discouraging and blasphemous comments..you that is calling it Godly persecution why don't you go to borno state so that you can experience real persecution from boko haram.

Then some christians will even join these atheists in criticizing other christians just because of their doctrinal and denomination difference, and that is something you can never see Muslims doing. I know there is a large amount of christians on this forum but we can never get the respect we deserve until we unite and demand for it.
Re: Nairaland Christians Are The Most Weak And Divided Set Of People I,ve ever Seen by Emma1Oj(m): 10:25pm On Jun 21, 2020
Do nairaland has a church?? abi which one be nairaland Christians??

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christians Are The Most Weak And Divided Set Of People I,ve ever Seen by bigname23: 10:28pm On Jun 21, 2020
Emma1Oj:
Do nairaland has a church?? abi which one be nairaland Christians??
christians on nairaland na ..must I write it like that?
Re: Nairaland Christians Are The Most Weak And Divided Set Of People I,ve ever Seen by Emma1Oj(m): 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2020
bigname23:
christians on nairaland na ..must I write it like that?
ok
Re: Nairaland Christians Are The Most Weak And Divided Set Of People I,ve ever Seen by Kobojunkie: 10:41pm On Jun 21, 2020
You don complete the work wey Jesus Christ say make you do, is that this is about? undecided

You don finish loving your neighbors, your enemies included, is that why you have time to waste on yet another meaningless endeavour, is that what it is? undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christians Are The Most Weak And Divided Set Of People I,ve ever Seen by bigname23: 10:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You don complete the work wey Jesus Christ say make you do, is that this is about? undecided

You don finish loving your neighbors, your enemies included, is that why you have time to waste on yet another meaningless endeavour, is that what it is? undecided undecided

Bros read the write up ...u go see say one of the main reasons for the write up na for our growth as believers ..u know say most of us dey spend time online and wetin we dey read everyday dey enter our consciousness ...how u want take walk in complete obedience to Jesus wen u dey take in things wey dey disturb our faith...
Re: Nairaland Christians Are The Most Weak And Divided Set Of People I,ve ever Seen by Kobojunkie: 12:20am On Jun 22, 2020
bigname23:
Bros read the write up ...u go see say one of the main reasons for the write up na for our growth as believers ..u know say most of us dey spend time online and wetin we dey read everyday dey enter our consciousness ...how u want take walk in complete obedience to Jesus wen u dey take in things wey dey disturb our faith...

If you think for one minute that what Jesus Christ meant for you to do as His follower is separate yourself from "the world", i can right now tell you say you don miss road.

Jesus Christ called us all to become like children, and you know how children are? They are nosy, inquisitive, curious, accepting of others...open-minded. Yes, Jesus called us to become open-minded in the way we live, treat others, act about and around others. So if what you read affects your faith "negatively", know that what you read is not to blame... you are.

Remember what Jesus said about sin and it's cause - none of it comes from without but from within. If you think putting a wall around you to supposedly block out that which you blame for your faith issues is going to help you, think again. All you will end up doing is walling yourself in with the problem still there.
Why else do you think people within your church walls find it hard still to live above sin.. to overcome even the easiest sins like sexual immorality?

If you want to grow your faith, obey Jesus Christ. If you want to overcome as far as sin is concerned, you have to obey Jesus christ. And what else did Jesus Christ say to do? Love your neighbor (including your enemies) equally as you love your own self. Do to them as you would like even God to do to you.

..to be contd.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christians Are The Most Weak And Divided Set Of People I,ve ever Seen by bigname23: 7:33am On Jun 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:

If you think for one minute that what Jesus Christ meant for you to do as His follower is separate yourself from "the world", i can right now tell you say you don miss road.

Jesus Christ called us all to become like children, and you know how children are? They are nosy, inquisitive, curious, accepting of others...open-minded. Yes, Jesus called us to become open-minded in the way we live, treat others, act about and around others. So if what you read affects your faith "negatively", know that what you read is not to blame... you are.

Remember what Jesus said about sin and it's cause - none of it comes from without but from within. If you think putting a wall around you to supposedly block out that which you blame for your faith issues is going to help you, think again. All you will end up doing is walling yourself in with the problem still there.
Why else do you think people within your church walls find it hard still to live above sin.. to overcome even the easiest sins like sexual immorality?

If you want to grow your faith, obey Jesus Christ. If you want to overcome as far as sin is concerned, you have to obey Jesus christ. And what else did Jesus Christ say to do? Love your neighbor (including your enemies) equally as you love your own self. Do to them as you would like even God to do to you.

..to be contd.
Bros pepo like u are d problem in christainity...who is talking about walls ...why do you think an average Muslim is more comited than the average christian ....Bros stop deceiving ur self, everybody is a product of what they take in...check ur bible rom.12 vs 2.. be not conformed to this world but b ye transformed by renewal of ur mind ..and when u read d bible try to understand it , because that place Jesus was talking about the Pharisees who believed that what u ate was more important than ur acts, he wasn't talking about words, if not there wud be no need to read ur bible...since what u take in does not affect ur faith..

by the way I was not suggesting we build walls around ourselves ..read well b4 u comment ...there is a difference between being spiritual and locking urselves up in church...becos u can go to church all ur life and you are not spiritual ..and about luv check ur bible we are meant to grow in love , nobody is perfect yet... people like u that are forming perfect in luv are usually the most judgmental and insensitive wen it cums to need of others ..becos any christian that truly walks in luv , will understand that it is a process of growth, mostly when it has to do with ur enemies.

some christians will b forming spiritual supermen..since u are already perfect and the things u read does not affect ur faith, then stop reading the bible na...by the way luv does not stop u from demanding ur rights... Jesus loves the world but he will still judge the same world when the time comes..or will u not report somebody who threatens to come and rob or kill u with a gun? ... or if somebody were to rape a relation of urs, will u not report that person if u know him?
Re: Nairaland Christians Are The Most Weak And Divided Set Of People I,ve ever Seen by CodeTemplar: 9:06am On Jun 22, 2020
Re: Nairaland Christians Are The Most Weak And Divided Set Of People I,ve ever Seen by Missyajoke(f): 9:18am On Jun 22, 2020
bigname23:
Any Muslim who comes on nairaland on a Friday will find edifying and encouraging topics with inspiring comments from fellow Muslims, but the reverse is the case when it comes to christians, rather what u see on Sundays are topics with distracting and degenerating comments from atheists...and u might ask urselves why.., the answer is simple ..Muslims know what they want and they will never accept anything less, and that is why they have their own section where u take an oath before you are allowed to partake on their threads, and even if u make it through that barier , the moderators are also Muslims hence you can never find topics with islam bashing comments on the front page.

Now when some christians raise this issues, you hear some other spirikoko christians opposing them because they believe it is a platform to reach out to athiests and that as christians we should expect persecution ... my question to those christians is ...don't u know that there are baby christians who come here to seek answers to their genuine questions? and rather than get edifying answers, what they see is discouraging and blasphemous comments..you that is calling it Godly persecution why don't you go to borno state so that you can experience real persecution from boko haram.

Then some christians will even join these atheists in criticizing other christians just because of their doctrinal and denomination difference, and that is something you can never see Muslims doing. I know there is a large amount of christians on this forum but we can never get the respect we deserve until we unite and demand for it.

I understand what you're trying to say, but what you don't understand is that the religious thread is not only Christians that create threads, Muslims and finally the atheist. I advise you to follow righteousness 89 if you're a baby Christian. When you create a thread its then you'll understand how it works. Once you create a thread expects different people to read what you post and their ideas might be different from what you expect to see. There'll people here you can follow e.g Righteousness89 follow the guy and you'll see the difference. Have a great day

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christians Are The Most Weak And Divided Set Of People I,ve ever Seen by bigname23: 9:50am On Jun 22, 2020
the problem with 2day,s church is that they reject any form of critiscm even if it is constructive, well I,m not going to argue or comment anymore..if u enjoy seeing the bashing and insultive comments from atheists on christian threads on the front page, then no problem..all I was only suggesting was that we get our own section with christian moderators, like our Muslim broda,s did...as for me anytime I see such threads I will just move on, since a lot of christians like it like that
Re: Nairaland Christians Are The Most Weak And Divided Set Of People I,ve ever Seen by Dtruthspeaker: 10:19am On Jun 22, 2020
We can never be United in the True Doctrines of God, which The Lord Taught us, for Among Us, there Must be Those Who are with Us But Not of Us.

And these teach their own doctrines which are false as prophesied and not the True Unshakable and Everlasting Doctrines of God.
Re: Nairaland Christians Are The Most Weak And Divided Set Of People I,ve ever Seen by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 22, 2020
The real problem is we Christians ourselves.
For now,i really dont believe in bashing of the atheists,why cant we share love even to those who dont share same belief with us.
In Christendom,there is what is called DOCTRINAL SUPREMACY,all christians from different arms and wings will not succumb to one another's viewbecause we are all meant to believe that our doctrines are right hence disunity in the body of Christ.
Re: Nairaland Christians Are The Most Weak And Divided Set Of People I,ve ever Seen by Kobojunkie: 1:09am On Jun 24, 2020
bigname23:
Bros pepo like u are d problem in christainity...who is talking about walls ...why do you think an average Muslim is more comited than the average christian
Committed to what though? The doctrines and traditions that is Islam? How do you properly compare a Christian to a Muslim?
By the way, this problem you seem to have with Muslims. You do understand that according to Jesus Christ, you are not supposed to see them as your competition, nor are you to see them as enemies of your religion? I find I have to repeat this ...

Matthew 5 vs 43-48 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
43. “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[k] and hate your enemy.’
44. But I tell you, love your enemies. Pray for those who treat you badly.
45. If you do this, you will be children who are truly like your Father in heaven. He lets the sun rise for all people, whether they are good or bad. He sends rain to those who do right and to those who do wrong.
46. If you love only those who love you, why should you get a reward for that? Even the tax collectors do that.
47. And if you are nice only to your friends, you are no better than anyone else. Even the people who don’t know God are nice to their friends.
48. What I am saying is that you must be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

bigname23:
....Bros stop deceiving ur self, everybody is a product of what they take in...check ur bible rom.12 vs 2.. be not conformed to this world but b ye transformed by renewal of ur mind ..
Sorry, let's see Jesus Christ said because after all Jesus is Truth of God, ain't that so?

Matthew 15 vs 16-20 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Jesus said, “Do you still have trouble understanding?
17. Surely you know that all the food that enters the mouth goes into the stomach. Then it goes out of the body.
18. But the bad things people say with their mouth come from the way they think. And that’s what can make people wrong.
19. All these bad things begin in the mind: evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual sins, stealing, lying, and insulting people.
20. These are the things that make people wrong. Eating without washing their hands will never make people unacceptable to God.”
bigname23:
and when u read d bible try to understand it , because that place Jesus was talking about the Pharisees who believed that what u ate was more important than ur acts, he wasn't talking about words, if not there wud be no need to read ur bible...since what u take in does not affect ur faith..
You need to read with your eyes open. From Jesus's response, you will see that He in fact spoke, in addition, of where the bad in us comes from.

Matthew 15 vs 18-20 (ERV)
18. But the bad things people say with their mouth come from the way they think. And that’s what can make people wrong.
19. All these bad things begin in the mind: evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual sins, stealing, lying, and insulting people.
20. These are the things that make people wrong. Eating without washing their hands will never make people unacceptable to God.”
Can you see now that Jesus Christ's response was not simply about eating habits? undecided undecided
bigname23:
by the way I was not suggesting we build walls around ourselves ..read well b4 u comment ...there is a difference between being spiritual and locking urselves up in church...becos u can go to church all ur life and you are not spiritual
From the much I have learned of the "spiritual" types, they tend to think that walling themselves some more in their churches is the way to grow, and they ignore the fact that this stands in contradiction to Jesus Christ's own commandment to all His followers.
bigname23:
..and about luv check ur bible we are meant to grow in love
Was Jesus Christ aware of this? undecided Because He commanded that we love our neighbor and our enemies as we love our own selves. He never hinted at a need to grow in love with our neighbors first and maybe our enemies later. undecided undecided
bigname23:
nobody is perfect yet... people like u that are forming perfect in luv are usually the most judgmental and insensitive wen it cums to need of others
Nobody is perfect yet? But the commandment is to be perfect so there is no excuse not to be as perfect as you can be every moment of every day, right?
If I shouted out the command, "stand up", I mean you should stand up. I don't mean "Try to stand up".Nor do I mean " gradually bring yourself to a standing position". I mean "stand the F***k up".
So, since it is possible to love your neighbor, and your enemy, even as you love your own self, why CHOOSE at any given time to hate your enemy at all, when that is contrary to what is commanded of you? I believe the key is in knowing to choose to obey the commandment every single time you are aware.
bigname23:
people like u that are forming perfect in luv are usually the most judgmental and insensitive wen it cums to need of others
Well when you find me being judgmental and insensitive when it comes to the needs of others, let me know then. grin
bigname23:
..becos any christian that truly walks in luv , will understand that it is a process of growth, mostly when it has to do with ur enemies.
Aren't you assuming that we all had enemies to begin with? I don't hate anyone. Never have, and people have done some really mean shit to me in my time, so don't go assuming I have had it all good or something. I may hate what they do and demand justice but to hate a person for being just that, a human? Waste of my own time and energy... I cannot afford that! undecided undecided
bigname23:
some christians will b forming spiritual supermen..since u are already perfect and the things u read does not affect ur faith, then stop reading the bible na...
I actually don't read the Bible every day like you pretend or think I ought to. For you see, my main source is not a bible but the Spirit of God who lives inside of me. He even gets me graphic novels, movies and so many other things to watch instead. grin
Let the Spirit lead and He will take care of you all the way.... grin
bigname23:
by the way luv does not stop u from demanding ur rights... Jesus loves the world but he will still judge the same world when the time comes..or will u not report somebody who threatens to come and rob or kill u with a gun?
The problem is no one threatened you here. Nothing like that has happened, but you handle it as though you have been.
bigname23:
... or if somebody were to rape a relation of urs, will u not report that person if u know him?
Jesus Christ commanded that in the case of someone who does such, you treat him/her like a pagan - in our time, we call the cops on such people.
You have to understand, that Jesus Christ provided an answer for every case. Rather than continuing to try to beat at it on your own, why not look instead towards surrendering to His lead and let Him do it for you, that which He said He will?
Re: Nairaland Christians Are The Most Weak And Divided Set Of People I,ve ever Seen by tobechi74: 3:04am On Jun 24, 2020
bigname23:

Christiaity given freedom to dout, discouraged,question etc

try it in Islam,dem will stone u to death

(1) (Reply)

The Benefits Of Hearing From Both Sides-aluu Vs OPM / Why Do Pentecostal Churches Lay More Emphasis ''repent'' / Can Men Create God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.