Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation (1988 Views)

Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Glaucoma Operation / 10,000 Nigerians Regain Sight Through Free Cataract Surgery By Federal Ministry / Buhari Offers Free Cataract Surgery To 270 Persons In Nasarawa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
Good evening everyone! Pls im begging everyone on this forum that knows any foundation around ogun or lagos state that help people with cataract for their operation free of charge to help me help my mom. Pls help me. We dont have the money the hospital is demanding. I told her to use my school fees but she said no. She said if she use my school fees she has no source of getting it back. She is the only one i have. The thing has consume her eye. Pls help me if you know anyone that can help me. Pls help me im begging anyone and everyone who can. Pls call me on 09058380414 for any recommedation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by DenreleDave(m): 6:18pm On Oct 23, 2020
Doradorwa:
Good evening everyone! Pls im begging everyone on this forum that knows any foundation around ogun or lagos state that help people with cataract for their operation free of charge to help me help my mom. Pls help me. We dont have the money the hospital is demanding. I told her to use my school fees but she said no. She said if she use my school fees she has no source of getting it back. She is the only one i have. The thing has consume her eyes. Pls im only 21 and i av no one to run to except God and anyone that can help me. Pls help me if you know anyone that can help me. Pls help me im begging anyone and everyone who can. Pls call me on 09058380414 for any recommedation.

How far..

Did u find any NGO
Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2020
DenreleDave:

How far..

Did u find any NGO
smiley[quote][/quote]yes.... We've done it... Without any NGO tho.... I ultilzed the strike nd God was faithful with the financial aspect... Thanks for asking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by DenreleDave(m): 8:04pm On Oct 23, 2020
Doradorwa:
smileyyes.... We've done it... Without any NGO tho.... I ultilzed the strike nd God was faithful with the financial aspect... Thanks for asking

I need Informatios..
Like how much did they charge for the cataract operation and which eye clinic did u use?
Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 23, 2020
DenreleDave:

I need Informatios..
Like how much did they charge for the cataract operation and which eye clinic did u use?
Well we used Ogun State general hospital.... According to my research its more cheaper at states own hospital than the private hospital... Tho u have to keep up with their rudeness.... They charged 90 thousand naira for the both eyes... That means 45 thousand naira per eyes.... This covers eye drop and medical care from them....

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by DenreleDave(m): 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2020
Doradorwa:
Well we used Ogun State general hospital.... According to my research its more cheaper at states own hospital than the private hospital... Tho u have to keep up with their rudeness.... They charged 90 thousand naira for the both eyes... That means 45 thousand naira per eyes.... This covers eye drop and medical care from them....

Someone close to me needs the operation too...... Though we have gone for 1st check up @ ancilla eye Centre at iju here in Lagos... I think it is 80k they told us but yet to do anytin Sha...
Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 23, 2020
DenreleDave:

Someone close to me needs the operation too...... Though we have gone for 1st check up @ ancilla eye Centre at iju here in Lagos... I think it is 80k they told us but yet to do anytin Sha...

Hmm ask them very well ooo.... It's might be for one eyes ooo.... Cos at General hospital here at Obasanjo they told us 45k and I thot it's for the both but it was for 1.... So ask them well or better still bring the person to Obasanjo general hospital... Eyes operation at private hospital is always very expensive.... I'm saying this from experience
Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by DenreleDave(m): 8:55pm On Oct 23, 2020
Doradorwa:
Hmm ask them very well ooo.... It's might be for one eyes ooo.... Cos at General hospital here at Obasanjo they told us 45k and I thot it's for the both but it was for 1.... So ask them well or better still bring the person to Obasanjo general hospital... Eyes operation at private hospital is always very expensive.... I'm saying this from experience

It is not a private hospital... It is a catholic hospital.... We were told that they will operate her left eye first Cox That one is having much problem and later on, they will operate the right one too..

80k shud be for both eyes I guess..... It was sumtyms last month we went Sha..
Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 23, 2020
DenreleDave:

It is not a private hospital... It is a catholic hospital.... We were told that they will operate her left eye first Cox That one is having much problem and later on, they will operate the right one too..

80k shud be for both eyes I guess..... It was sumtyms last month we went Sha..

At the bolded... That's how they do it... The both eyes can not be operated once.... They do it one at a time... For the 80k... Ask them properly... I also thot 45k was for the both eyes but I was later told it was for one... And you can't pay in advance... They won't collect money for the second one until they are ready for you to do it.... We tried to pay the 90k once but they declined.... That's why you need to make proper enquires
Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by DenreleDave(m): 9:40pm On Oct 23, 2020
Doradorwa:
At the bolded... That's how they do it... The both eyes can not be operated once.... They do it one at a time... For the 80k... Ask them properly... I also thot 45k was for the both eyes but I was later told it was for one... And you can't pay in advance... They won't collect money for the second one until they are ready for you to do it.... We tried to pay the 90k once but they declined.... That's why you need to make proper enquires

Wow. I really need to ask ooooo...

80k for one is issue ooo. Where I wan raise such money?

I will find a way to see if I can ask ooo..

80k better be for two
Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 23, 2020
DenreleDave:

Wow. I really need to ask ooooo...

80k for one is issue ooo. Where I wan raise such money?

I will find a way to see if I can ask ooo..

80k better be for two
grin grin ;DAsk them properly... Or better still bring the person to general hospital... We kind of living close nah.... I'm serious ask about the 80k... Cos I've met people that are claiming the general is the cheapest because they are running on charity... The recently started 3 years ago and their equipment is top notch... Even my mom is saying the 80k will be for 1 eye
Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by ibromodzi: 9:51pm On Oct 28, 2020
Doradorwa:
Good evening everyone! Pls im begging everyone on this forum that knows any foundation around ogun or lagos state that help people with cataract for their operation free of charge to help me help my mom. Pls help me. We dont have the money the hospital is demanding. I told her to use my school fees but she said no. She said if she use my school fees she has no source of getting it back. She is the only one i have. The thing has consume her eye. Pls help me if you know anyone that can help me. Pls help me im begging anyone and everyone who can. Pls call me on 09058380414 for any recommedation.

Try to locate any Tulsi Chanrai foundation close to your area. Their center in Kebbi state offers a very affordable cataract surgery (less than 20k) with a high level of precision.
Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 28, 2020
ibromodzi:

Try to locate any Tulsi Chanrai foundation close to your area. Their center in Kebbi state offers a very affordable cataract surgery (less than 20k) with a high level of precision.
Thank you sir
Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by ibromodzi: 10:13pm On Oct 28, 2020
Doradorwa:
Thank you sir
You are welcome. Just wondering what the etiology could be for her to be having bilateral cataracts.
Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 28, 2020
ibromodzi:

You are welcome. Just wondering what the etiology could be for her to be having bilateral cataracts.
Seriously I have no idea... is it strange if cataract is in the both eyes? Tho we recently got one of the eyes operated on... just one more to go...
Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by ibromodzi: 10:35pm On Oct 28, 2020
Doradorwa:
Seriously I have no idea... is it strange if cataract is in the both eyes? Tho we recently got one of the eyes operated on... just one more to go...

Bilateral cataracts is not uncommon. With a comprehensive eye examination, her doctor should be able to determine what the etiology is and expectedly relate it with you. This is very necessary in situations where the condition is genetic.
Between, I'm glad to know that one eye has been operated on and I hope she's experiencing a good improvement in her vision (visual acuity).
Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 28, 2020
ibromodzi:

Bilateral cataracts is not uncommon. With a comprehensive eye examination, her doctor should be able to determine what the etiology is and expectedly relate it with you. This is very necessary in situations where the condition is genetic.
Between, I'm glad to know that one eye has been operated on and I hope she's experiencing a good improvement in her vision (visual acuity).
I was not with her during her eyes examination... but I might get my eyes checked too.... I recently got a correctional eye glasses for myopia but I've been having difficulty lately. I believe there might have been some mix up with my own eyes examination hence giving me worries that the cataract might be genetic. But thanks anyway.... I'm grateful
Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by ibromodzi: 10:53pm On Oct 28, 2020
Doradorwa:
I was not with her during her eyes examination... but I might get my eyes checked too.... I recently got a correctional eye glasses for myopia but I've been having difficulty lately. I believe there might have been some mix up with my own eyes examination hence giving me worries that the cataract might be genetic. But thanks anyway.... I'm grateful

With or without family history of cataracts, people are still likely to develop the condition as a result of aging. Although family history is an important risk factor. There's no need to panic, just make sure you go for your checkup regularly.

What issue are you having with your glasses if I may ask?
Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 28, 2020
ibromodzi:

With or without family history of cataracts, people are still likely to develop the condition as a result of aging. Although family history is an important risk factor. There's no need to panic, just make sure you go for your checkup regularly.

What issue are you having with your glasses if I may ask?
I av stopped using my glasses since I got back from school due to the nature of my job... I recently discovered that my eyes are getting to watery hence blurring my vision... The eyeballs are so heavy hence making me have headache. I can't walk in the afternoon in peace. But like I said since 6 months or so I av not been wearing my glasses.... There is the fleshy part in the eyes...it get so itchy... I don't know... I will still need to see a doctor but work has been hectic
Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by ibromodzi: 11:14pm On Oct 28, 2020
Doradorwa:
I av stopped using my glasses since I got back from school due to the nature of my job... I recently discovered that my eyes are getting to watery hence blurring my vision... The eyeballs are so heavy hence making me have headache. I can't walk in the afternoon in peace. But like I said since 6 months or so I av not been wearing my glasses.... There is the fleshy part in the eyes...it get so itchy... I don't know... I will still need to see a doctor but work has been hectic

You should see a doctor ASAP.
Re: Pls Help Me With Any NGO Or Foundation For Free Cataract Operation by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 28, 2020
ibromodzi:

You should see a doctor ASAP.
I will definitely make time for it cos it's getting painful lately. Thanks so much

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dead Ebola Victims Comes Back To Life In Liberia / Simple Ways To Get Perfectly Straight Hair / Straighten Hair Naturally / Pls, I Need Ur Help. Tell Me More Abt Amino 3000 Or Any Weight Supplement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.