Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

How Do I Sort My Life Out? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Sort My Life Out? (898 Views)

The Most Sort After And Highly Paid Skills Abroad / Do You Really Need To Switch Career To Make The Sort Of Money You Need / Help!!! What Sort Of Discrimination Is This In A Work Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Sort My Life Out? by BlessedBoss(m): 11:56pm On Jun 21, 2020
Good evening Nairalanders, trust you're having a great evening.
I'm writting this with tears in my eyes and a heavy heart. Please your advise/contribution would be greatly appreciated.

I graduated from secondary school in 2015, wrote jamb but couldn't secure admission. In 2016 I tried securing admission through Ijmb but it didn't work out. I also tried travelling out in 2017 but this plan met a brick wall cos I couldn't raise the required funds. I didn't take any exam in 2018 cos I was still nursing the plan of travelling out. I took another jamb in 2019 but I still couldn't secure admission. Here's 2020, I decided not to take any exams but to focus on developing myself financially and vocationally by learning how to drive heavy duty vehicles.

Meanwhile, all this year's I've been into construction,like I do labour jobs and i also do Casting (concrete works) too. I'm good at casting,very good at it.

In a few months time I'll be 24 but I have no single idea where my life is heading to. One minute I say I want to go to school but the next minute I'm talking of travelling abroad to hustle. I've even thought of joining the military but we all know how Army recruits end up. don't even know what I have passion for or what my talent is. I've read a lot of books on self development but I'm still not making headway.

Dear Nairalanders, you've helped a lot of people before, I've also helped people too on this forum in one way or the other. Please do not let this Confusion and indecision eat me up,help a brother, how do I sort my life out?

Cc: lalasticlala, Dominique,
Eze2000, klanny, MrBrownJay1, partnerinbiz3, Temithorpe28, veave, DollarBilz, blackpanthar, Generalissimo75, travelwaka, felong, okikiosibodu, RiyaGoddess, MobilityExpress, RiyadhGoddess, anonymous1759, Darevofpeace, NiggasInParis, topher052, HigherEd, Bizmagnet, Creativebae, Habibsocial080, purplerope, bidexiii, Righteousness89

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Sort My Life Out? by blackpanthar: 12:25am On Jun 22, 2020
WOW Awesome. You are the best point in your life. Ground zero is the best place to start afresh as long as you are guided properly.

So here is my simple take as an ex construction worker aka labourer and now a graduate with several ICT certifications and sabifications.... Lemme tell u a little of how to become a better version of yourself.

1) NEVER BEG FOR WHAT YOU CAN EARN

2) SAVE, SAVE and Save money no matter the work u are doing... There is no excuse not to save

3) stay away from youthful distractions like WOMEN, get-rich-quick-schemes, diabolic powers, etc

4) Learn an ICT skill, yes construction has a part in ICT called AUTOCAD.... Learn basics of computers and then learn AutoCAD... Your whole life will be better

5) Every birthday simply go and help in an orphanage or give to the poor....this is a principle that many dont know for it will bring blessings to you & secure your path.

6) Read business books, blogs, articles here on NL.... So you are aware of where and how to invest your money even before u have big money. I did this long ago and till today some investments pay me 10-20% monthly so am secure.

7) Life is very very spiritual whether u believe it or not. So be very prayerful, yes... I did not say go to prophet or prayer houses. I mean personally pra to your God for hours at midnight.... Command the morning and you will see life work for you like cheating with unfair advantage.

cool Get a mentor who will guide you through these steps above and push you forward. Mentors do not give MONEY, mentors guide in making wise choices.

Lastly, remember happiness is FREE.... Never let anyone or anything steal your joy.
Live a very focused and purposeful life. Thanks to covid-19, it is becoming clear that 70% of courses in universities are absolutely useless. So dont be a victim of the rat mindset that unless you go to university u cant be a success.... It is stupidity to go to university when you dont have a major source of income that will see your through till final year... in this your case...School na scam o...self education is best. Universities are not even equipped to teach current skills that is being used to make money, it is old-school stuff they teach.

So use your upper.
I hail you bro. I wish you well.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Sort My Life Out? by PeacenLove2: 12:25am On Jun 22, 2020
Good people of Nairaland, Over to you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Sort My Life Out? by BlessedBoss(m): 12:30am On Jun 22, 2020
blackpanthar:
WOW Awesome. You are the best point in your life. Ground zero is the best place to start afresh as long as you are guided properly.

So here is my simple take as an ex construction worker aka labourer and now a graduate with several ICT certifications and sabifications.... Lemme tell u a little of how to become a better version of yourself.

2) SAVE, SAVE and Save money no matter the work u are doing... There is no excuse not to save

3) stay away from youthful distractions like WOMEN, get-rich-quick-schemes, diabolic powers, etc

4) Learn an ICT skill, yes construction has a part in ICT called AUTOCAD.... Learn basics of computers and then learn AutoCAD... Your whole life will be better

5) Every birthday simply go and help in an orphanage or give to the poor....this is a principle that many dont know for it will bring blessings to you & secure your path.

6) Read business books, blogs, articles here on NL.... So you are aware of where and how to invest your money even before u have big money. I did this long ago and till today some investments pay me 10-20% monthly so am secure.

7) Life is very very spiritual whether u believe it or not. So be very prayerful, yes... I did not say go to prophet or prayer houses. I mean personally pra to your God for hours at midnight.... Command the morning and you will see life work for you like cheating with unfair advantage.

cool Get a mentor who will guide you through these steps above and push you forward. Mentors do not give MONEY, mentors guide in making wise choices.

Lastly, remember happiness is FREE.... Never let anyone or anything steal your joy.
Live a very focused and purposeful life. Thanks to covid-19, it is becoming clear that 70% of courses in universities are absolutely useless. So dont be a victim of the rat mindset that unless you go to university u cant be a success.... It is stupidity to go to university when you dont have a major source of income that will see your through till final year... in this your case...School na scam o...self education is best. Universities are not even equipped to teach current skills that is being used to make money, it is old-school stuff they teach.

So use your upper.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate these words.
Reading your comment actually made me smile.
Wow! So I can actually smile genuinely after 2 days.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Sort My Life Out? by Righteousness89(m): 12:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
BlessedBoss:
I'm writting this with tears in my eyes and a heavy heart. Please your advise/contribution would be greatly appreciated.

I graduated from secondary school in 2015, wrote jamb but couldn't secure admission. In 2016 I tried securing admission through Ijmb but it didn't work out. I also tried travelling out in 2017 but this plan met a brick wall cos I couldn't raise the required funds. I didn't take any exam in 2018 cos I was still nursing the plan of travelling out. I took another jamb in 2019 but I still couldn't secure admission. Here's 2020, I decided not to take any exams but to focus on developing myself financially and vocationally by learning how to drive heavy duty vehicles.

Meanwhile, all this year's I've been into construction,like I do labour jobs and i also do Casting (concrete works) too. I'm good at casting,very good at it.

In a few months time I'll be 24 but I have no single idea where my life is heading to. One minute I say I want to go to school but the next minute I'm talking of travelling abroad to hustle. I've even thought of joining the military but we all know how Army recruits end up. don't even know what I have passion for or what my talent is. I've read a lot of books on self development but I'm still not making headway.

Dear Nairalanders, you've helped a lot of people before, I've also helped people too on this forum in one way or the other. Please do not let this Confusion and indecision eat me up,help a brother, how do I sort my life out?

Eze2000, klanny, MrBrownJay1, partnerinbiz3, Temithorpe28, veave, DollarBilz, blackpanthar, Generalissimo75, travelwaka, felong, okikiosibodu, RiyaGoddess, MobilityExpress, RiyadhGoddess, anonymous1759, Darevofpeace, NiggasInParis, topher052, HigherEd, Bizmagnet, Creativebae, Habibsocial080, purplerope, bidexiii,

My Brother, a time comes in life when you know that things are not normal, despite all you efforts!

It's time to calm down and ask certain questions?

From the little things I have seen in both from myself and people who I have come across, I can confidently tell you that many young men and women have great stars but due to Spirtual negligence they are not where they are supposed to be.

The Spirtual controls the Physical!

You need to sort out the Spiritual part of your life.

You start that with a GENUIE relationship with JESUS CHRIST.

That's the Beginning!

If you are interested, you send me a Pm ! Let's take it from there!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Sort My Life Out? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 22, 2020
blackpanthar:

So use your upper.

Great one bro....
Thanks.....

I think, that he can still venture into this bricklaying work.......

All he needs, is to get ICT skills and techs.....

He should also try to incorporate tech/AI in whatever's he's doing.....he can even sell he patent for millions of dollars
Re: How Do I Sort My Life Out? by Eze2000(m): 9:16pm On Jul 01, 2020
Righteousness89:

My Brother, a time comes in life when you know that things are not normal, despite all you efforts!

It's time to calm down and ask certain questions?

From the little things I have seen in both from myself and people who I have come across, I can confidently tell you that many young men and women have great stars but due to Spirtual negligence they are not where they are supposed to be.

The Spirtual controls the Physical!

You need to sort out the Spiritual part of your life.

You start that with a GENUIE relationship with JESUS CHRIST.

That's the Beginning!

If you are interested, you send me a Pm ! Let's take it from there!

How right you are, sir. I just wanted to say the same thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Sort My Life Out? by Eze2000(m): 9:42pm On Jul 01, 2020
BlessedBoss:

Eze2000, klanny, MrBrownJay1, partnerinbiz3, Temithorpe28, veave, DollarBilz, blackpanthar, Generalissimo75, travelwaka, felong, okikiosibodu, RiyaGoddess, MobilityExpress, RiyadhGoddess, anonymous1759, Darevofpeace, NiggasInParis, topher052, HigherEd, Bizmagnet, Creativebae, Habibsocial080, purplerope, bidexiii, Righteousness89

Hello,

Sorry, I came across your mention late. I've been away from NL. Your case is actually very common among youths these days. They are young and at a crossroads. They don't know what to do and most times end up taking a bad turn in life. The jails, criminal dens, and cults are full of them. But you stopped to ask questions, and the best part is your hands are clean. I really love that.

This is my advice.....

Righteousness89:

Always go for what you love and what you can do best in life. You'll stand out there
Start building now so that in 20 years' time (at age 44) you can sit back and the money keeps coming in.
Avoid hard drugs, gangs, and womanizing.
Avoid fraud and scams. It may pay today and the next day but the moment you are caught, you will most likely lose everything. Moreover, a good name is like gold.

Note: You should and must go to school. The world is becoming very computerized and so advanced, there's no place for illiterates. Even in marriage these days, you will hear lots of women say they can't marry an illiterate man. Go to school and educate yourself, you can't de3pnd on your strength to earn a living all your life - ever seen a retired labourer living a good life before? Go get a certificate. It won't do you harm but it can certainly do you much good.

God bless you!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Sort My Life Out? by Toyosienna: 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2020
BlessedBoss:

Erase travel from your mind for Now ,hold to a professional skills ,follow one of the nairalanders advice on IT skills develop iit base on construction line you are ,travel without professional skill is regret later and wasting of time .

1 Like

Re: How Do I Sort My Life Out? by veave(f): 12:23am On Jul 06, 2020
Phew!!!
I'm a bit sleepy. But I'd give a proper response in the morning okay?

Edited...

Okay, here is the thing.
It is never too late to start something. In fact, now is the right time to begin your life's journey all you need to do is take a decision and stick to the plan.
If you want to go to school I'd advise you to pick a noun form that way you can work to sustain yourself. If you do not want to go to school anymore you can learn a professional trade(handiwork) since you are into building already I'd advise you learn POP, Plumbing, Furniture, Iron bending or Mason and be good at it. I know people who make a good living out of this trade. All these you can learn and perfect under a year if you are serious.
Please while at it do not think that your mates are better than you in any way, that's not true s everyone has his or her own journey.
Me sef talking to you just restarted my life again after getting a second degree as I realise in order to excel I'd need some re-alignments. It is good that you have woken up early and now is the right time.

I wish you God's directions and favor. Cheers!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Sort My Life Out? by BlessedBoss(m): 6:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
blackpanthar:

So use your upper.

Thank you so much Chief, I intend buying a laptop next month.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How I Spent 10 Years In Medical School, Only To Decide To Do Tech. / Have Anyone Hard From Springbank. / Female Models Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.