Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,834 members, 7,813,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE (1506 Views)

Terry G Announces Retirement From Music / Wrestling Legend, The Undertaker Repents & Gives His Life To Christ / WWE Wrestler Mark Calaway AKA The Undertaker Is Now A Born Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by ufpeace(m): 4:27am On Jun 22, 2020
Legendary WWE wrestler, the Undertaker has announced his retirement from the WWE after a glittery career as he claims he has “nothing left to accomplish” in the ring.

The 55-year-old made the announcement in the last episode of his documentary series ‘The last ride’.

The Undertaker who has won the WWE world champion 7 times amongst other titles, made his debut in 1990.

He has won every title and event possible in the WWE and also have the record of the longest winning streak in WrestleMania that only recently came to an end.

“At this point in my career, I have no desire to get back in the ring. I’m at a point, it’s time this cowboy really rides away,” the 55-year-old said on The Last Ride.

“There’s nothing left for me to conquer or accomplish. The game has changed. It’s time for new guys to come up. The time just seems right.”

Additionally, the Undertaker also feels that he should now be focusing his time on the things that bring him joy outside of the WWE and the wrestling business.

“My career, my legacy speaks for itself. At the end of the day that’s really all that matters,” the Deadman explains. “I have this other life that I need to go and experience and enjoy the fruits of my labor, enjoy the blessings that I have – my wife, my children.”
Source: https://globgist.com/the-undertaker-announces-retirement-from-wwe/

1 Like

Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by macdammy(m): 4:42am On Jun 22, 2020
Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:57am On Jun 22, 2020
My hero
My mystical wrestling champ

Good luck with your long deserved retirement

3 Likes

Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by espn(m): 5:04am On Jun 22, 2020
He truly need this...

1 Like

Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by Nobody: 5:07am On Jun 22, 2020
I am never going to watch wrestling again like i used to.
What is even there in wrestling to catch your interest?

Everything that makes WWE the fame and popularity they got over the years, is now gone.

The undertaker remains my most loved celebrity ever in the history of my life, after Micheal Jackson and Lionel Messi.

He is the epitome and the standard for world wrestling Entertainment.

Losing his WrestleMania streak to Brock Lesnar is something that i still have never been able to swallow.

They purposely made him lost that match because they knew he had undergone surgery lately before then on his hips and he was not even 50% fit.

But they used his love for the game and their greed to break the streak.

They should have protected the streak as an honour to him for a service well rendered.

The undertaker wowed the world with his talent, puts fear even in the minds of viewers.

He bought a whole level of spirituality to wrestling, nobody does it better than him.

The undertaker is one of the most respected man in the world.
And the most influential man In sports entertainment.

This is why i doubt the credibility of Forbes magazine.

The undertaker will not go to any Country in world and he won't be given a huge Media presence.
Presidents and governors, royalties all wants a feel of that man that has wowed us with his Talent while growing up.

This is why i don't envy this new generation kids at all.

They are now left with mediocre entertainers.

I have followed the undertaker all my life like my life depends on it.

I even knew his wife Michele McColl and she and her former girl was my favourite female wrestlers. Very funny set of ladies and when i discovered she got married to the undertaker, i was so happy.

From softapple to the undertaker.

I am saying thank you for the inspiration and motivations.
For all the lessons you taught us through your career.

So softapple in conjunction with saintsammurai, we are all saying.

Adios my king.

by the order of the Peaky blinders.

10 Likes

Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by serverconnect(m): 5:22am On Jun 22, 2020
Retire in peace and enjoy your wealth.

You have been wrestling since my childhood.

2 Likes

Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by saheedbadmus(m): 5:31am On Jun 22, 2020
Nice one.. enjoy your wealth in peace
Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by DRPAIT123(m): 5:49am On Jun 22, 2020
Dude is a legend by all standard, he scared me each time he brings the casket to the ring side.
Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by Nobody: 5:56am On Jun 22, 2020
OK, we understand.

He's tired of the wrestling ring Hollywood called WWE and wants to call it quits.

Fair enough...

Still surprised at how people still watch that role-playing. sad
Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by Bruno3000(m): 6:07am On Jun 22, 2020
One thing that gave me joy is seeing his *as kicked by Brock and Roman Resigns. Dude always think he was unbeatable. The Rock still remains my all time great. Undertaker ko Overtaker ni.
Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by Obierika(m): 6:16am On Jun 22, 2020
Happy Retirement!
Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by babajero(m): 6:26am On Jun 22, 2020
Bruno3000:
One thing that gave me joy is seeing his *as kicked by Brock and Roman Resigns. Dude always think he was unbeatable. The Rock still remains my all time great. Undertaker ko Overtaker ni.
When undertaker was in his prime those people you mentioned were still pooing on their diapers.
Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by Yustash001(m): 6:32am On Jun 22, 2020
I remember this guy's winning point (wey he go use person head pound yam)

Las Las all Na scam...
Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by Bruno3000(m): 6:34am On Jun 22, 2020
babajero:
When undertaker was in his prime those people you mentioned were still pooing on their diapers.
And so? In Paul Heyman's voice "All good things do come to an end" I'm just glad Taker was not unbeatable. cheesy
Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by Bruno3000(m): 6:37am On Jun 22, 2020
mansakhalifa:
OK, we understand.

He's tired of the wrestling ring Hollywood called WWE and wants to call it quits.

Fair enough...

Ur opinion and disinterest do not matter guy. Allow us enjoy our wrestling.
Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by elpochas: 7:05am On Jun 22, 2020
Are you scared?who is scared.Those days when it was WWF,not this WWE Nollywood drama they are acting now.A true legend,the last ride and choke slam my favorite signature move then.

1 Like

Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 22, 2020
mansakhalifa:
OK, we understand.

Fair enough...

If you are talking about role playing In This new generation wrestling then you are right.
But about a huge percentage of star wwe fights in the past were not role plays.

Yes the storyline that brought about the fights might be scripted but the main battles were not scripted.

What is role playing in the two career ending matches between the undertaker and Shawn Micheal?

What is role playing between the two last battles between Triple H and the undertaker even the last fight when triple H almost Killed the undertaker with Numerous of chairs to his back.

You could recall that the undertaker fainted after he won that fight and he had to be rushed to the hospital.

Did you watched the Numerous life threatening fights between Randy Orton and John cena many years ago.

Did you not watch the match when Randy Orton broke the neck of John cena?

There are lots of life threatening matches in the pasts, expecially during TLC(Tables, laders and chairs) and Hell in a cell.

There was nothing role playing about the tears, the broken bones, the bloods and bleedings, the pains and agonies.

This new generation of wrestlers are soft minded and not risk takers so the company has to adjust and start running through script and fake acting like in the movies just to keep money coming in.

By the order of the Peaky blinders.

2 Likes

Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by phemmyfour: 7:22am On Jun 22, 2020
People still watch wrestling? Organised show for dummies

1 Like

Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by fishjam: 7:30am On Jun 22, 2020
Wow! He tried
Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by Icezikagu(m): 7:30am On Jun 22, 2020
lipsrsealed angry Baba u have tried, Wrestling industry will neva forget ur good works... leave ur boys to continue acting film for us
Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by Fiisty(f): 8:57am On Jun 22, 2020
Hmm
Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by kollinskollins(m): 9:11am On Jun 22, 2020
Tomb stone...
Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 22, 2020
Bruno3000:
Ur opinion and disinterest do not matter guy. Allow us enjoy our wrestling.

Guy sorry, now. No vex.
Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 22, 2020
Fiisty:
Hmm

You know what's annoying?

Having a chat with a girl and seeing that^^^

Why do they always do that though? sad

Off topic, by the way.
Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by 2cul2care: 9:39am On Jun 22, 2020
He already retired a long time ago, the wwe keeps calling him back for special appearances, for obvious reasons his one of their biggest stars and biggest selling points.

Wrestlers like the undertaker sell out tickets in a matter of minutes, we'll I hope this time he retires for good, he's already old and needs to explore other things.

Most of the wrestlers he started with are all retired, am really gonna miss him tho, the mythical undertaker, have been a die hard wrestling fan since the 90's.
Re: The Undertaker Announces Retirement From WWE by Bruno3000(m): 9:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Guy sorry, now. No vex.
grin

(1) (Reply)

I'm Not A Hoe In Real Life I Just Do That For Fame - Naira Marley Reveals / Bbnaija Nengi In Tears As Ozo Did Not Choose Her As Deputy (video) / Actress Pat Ugwu Strips To Her Underwear As She Twerks On IG Live (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.