Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA (33191 Views)

Controversies As Akwa Ibom’s $1.5 Million Printing Press Rots Away / Atiku: $1.5 Billion To Renovate The Port Harcourt Refinery Is Suspicious / "We Can’t Be Calling Nigeria Zoo & Be Worse Than Nigeria" - Ex-IPOB Deputy Fumes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by earnit2: 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
really
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by vislabraye(m): 3:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
EngineerBode:
When Buhari became president, he made Nigeria to be a member of Islamic countries union. Let him go and collect the $1.5bn from there and leave Christian America alone

You cannot despise someone and be collecting aid from the person

��... Na point you make.
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by leksite120(m): 4:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
salford1:

How do you think people are getting free medical drugs e.g. the HIV drugs (average cost $14,000 to $30,000 per year) and other subsidized drugs...it's some of these aids that pay for them.
How many people have HIV compared to that money.. That money is much, I mean very much. The money can do a lot of better things. What about health budget. Isn't that even enough?
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Just like buhari will be the last president of Nigeria

So also trump will be the last president of the great USA

Because we are at the time of the end

Donald trump will die in office of a strange ailment and they will blame Russia

China will finish USA

Europe will come to the rescue

Macron will lead the world

Jesus will kill macron and his scientist.

These are prophecies
Exactly.
One more thing, Joe. Please can you also prophesy at what age your brain's gonna finally start working again? Like precise date.

Just trying to see how sharp your gift is.
grin
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by salford1: 4:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
leksite120:
How many people have HIV compared to that money.. That money is much, I mean very much. The money can do a lot of better things. What about health budget. Isn't that even enough?
It wasn't given in one year. Those types of funds are usually already out say in 4 to 5 years, and it's not for HIV alone, there are other diseases like Lassa fever, malaria, worms etc

As at 2018, 3.2 million Nigerians are HIV positive with an average annual infection rate of 130,000 people per year. Using average treatment cost as $15,000. That is 3.2m x $15,000 equals over $43Billion..

These type of aids plus others from the UK, Japan, WHO e.t.c. help free up money for the government to divert to other pressing necessities like education, infrastructure development, other healthcare programs, employees wages, other parts of budget that need financing and unfortunately high wages of politicians e.t.c.

I do not support handout. I want Nigeria to stand on it's own so that the country and it's citizens can have sense. Imagine if there was no free drugs/treatment, people would slow down on promiscuous sex or use condoms as getting infected with HIV would mean death sentence.
Our politicians too will get sense as diverting money to other places would mean reduced money for them to steal..
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by Gbogbowa: 4:19pm On Jun 22, 2020
So Nigeria collected such huge amount from USA and will not buy Use Agricultural products but buy from China that is too bad we better change or USA will change ,so in my opinion Trump has done no wrong
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by DeHill(m): 4:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
sapientia:
Hehehehe
Why are we in Africa?
Trump is the real deal
The guy wants out of unholy marriages
No complains
Its not our money
Its theirs
If we are pained, lets make ours
Tell them,Bro! They want to reap where they didn't sow.
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by DeHill(m): 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
Edopesin:
Trump, however, lamented that despite all the money Nigeria was receiving from the US, Nigeria was still refusing to buy American agricultural produce.

Old man wants to use us for Election campaign same way he was asking Xi to buy US produce to use as point in his re-election campaign

This Bolton's book will be a best seller
motherfucking son of AFONJA. U are the BIGGEST RACIST!
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by DeHill(m): 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
Amotekun777:
In the U.S, the folks that support Trump are just as mentally deranged like him yet, in Nigeria we have a certain tribe in the jungle reserves that worship and glorify him out of fear of being oppressed. grin How they love their oppressors.

Deluded fools!

u are the deluded fool. U motherfucking son of AFONJA.
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by Peacecoy19: 5:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
Harbey92:
Trump don outsmart Nigeria politicians grin
How?
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by shaw2(m): 6:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
And so?
Is he not doing the right thing?
The ones he approved what have they done with it?
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by Jzbabel: 7:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
Please I need a cassava supply of up to 10 tonnes. Any cassava supplier here please contact me O 8 I 6 4 4 7 4 I 6 8
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by bigtt76(f): 7:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
How many Nigerians were aware of this before now sef? undecided

iTroll:

Don't be an idiot.
Trump and the USA owe Nigeria nothing.
If they decide to withhold their aids to us, then I see no fault from them.
In a sane country, 1.5b dollars per year for several decades now is enough to set up a good and working nation. But Africa is still as poor as it was before the aids started.
Its not as if you're personally benefiting from the aids. 80% of Nigerians aren't.
See this black man judging another man on his own money.
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by IMASTEX: 7:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
Caseless:
Trump is crazy. He took his quest for trade balance to an extreme level. He even accused Rwanda of not buying enough from them to justify their aids to that country.
Imagine, though I wouldn't really blame the US for desiring the best for her citizens at all cost. It is the Africa leaders who have decided to trade their countries because of handouts.
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by aalangel(f): 7:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
Thanks so much Trump...how can I reward you?
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by orisa37: 8:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
BOLTON IS WACKO
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by kokomilala(m): 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
Why would he send such huge amount to a wasteful country as Nigeria? A collective led by irresponsibles.
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by Ojiofor: 8:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
Trump is only doing us a favour cos the whole money will be stolen by Buhari family,Abba Kyari and family,Maman Daura and Family the remaining will be looted by Thiefnubü via Osinbanjo and other Aso Rock thieves.Las Las Nigerians will still remain darkness.
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by BreconHills(m): 8:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
EngineerBode:
When Buhari became president, he made Nigeria to be a member of Islamic countries union. Let him go and collect the $1.5bn from there and leave Christian America alone

You cannot despise someone and be collecting aid from the person

I dont know who is worse - you confidentially reeling out totally wrong information or the 151 people who who are to lazy to fact check! For your information, Nigeria joined the Organisation of Islamic states ( IOC) under Ibrahim Babangida in 1986 and President Jonathan was the first Niverian President to attend an OIC meeting in 2013.

Emerging generation my foot.
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by osazsky(m): 8:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
Pls sir..stop it..dont try bringing it...it will be looted moreover they are accusing u and Bill Gates as the anti christ..sir leave them to suffer...thank God that I am doing well we dont need it..Nigerians deserve to suffer
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by sunboy(m): 8:25pm On Jun 22, 2020
Nigeria is a rich country, they should stop giving us aids... those aids don’t reflect on the lives of ordinary citizens.

Nigeria is rich enough to take care of its own problems and helping neighboring country but greed on the part of the politician won’t let our country grow.

Since 1960 we still can’t boast of a steady power supply... Even Iran that has been under sanctions for over 4 decades have no electricity issue.

This matter too dey tire person sef
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by EngineerBode: 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2020
BreconHills:

I dont know who is worse - you confidentially reeling out totally wrong information or the 151 people who who are to lazy to fact check! For your information, Nigeria joined the Organisation of Islamic states ( IOC) under Ibrahim Babangida in 1986 and President Jonathan was the first Niverian President to attend an OIC meeting in 2013.

Emerging generation my foot.

It is you who is the worst of us all. English is hard for you. Let me correct your errors

1. It is not confidentially. It is confidently

2. It is not to lazy. It is too lazy

3. It is not Niverian. It is Nigerian

Olodo Nla
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by BreconHills(m): 9:03pm On Jun 22, 2020
EngineerBode:

It is you who is the worst of us all. English is hard for you. Let me correct your errors

1. It is not confidentially. It is confidently

2. It is not to lazy. It is too lazy

3. It is not Niverian. It is Nigerian

Olodo Nla

Hahaha - If this were to be an exam, between you who gets both date and sitting President wrong by over 20 years and a person who gets all dates right but with wrong spelling - who gets the higher marks? Yes the spellings are wrong and I dont make any excuse for them, even if I have plenty, but for someone who is ignorant but tries to confuse issues without confronting his clear cut error, there is no runway to success - no desire for self reflection, no courage to own their errors and no desire for self improvement. No matter how you cut it, you and the 151 people who liked your comment are ignorant. Criminally so, since a cursory Google check would have produced the correct facts.

If you were challenging me on the facts, I could stay with this all day but that not being the case, I wish you well.
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by EngineerBode: 9:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
BreconHills:

Hahaha - If this were to be an exam, between you who gets both date and sitting President wrong by over 20 years and a person who gets all dates right but with wrong spelling - who gets the higher marks? Yes the spellings are wrong and I dont make any excuse for them, even if I have plenty, but for someone who is ignorant but tries to confuse issues without confronting his clear cut error, there is no runway to success - no desire for self reflection, no courage to own their errors and no desire for self improvement. No matter how you cut it, you and the 151 people who liked your comment are ignorant. Criminally so, since a cursory Google check would have produced the correct facts.

If you were challenging me on the facts, I could stay with this all day but that not being the case, I wish you well.

e pain u. See how u type epistle grin grin grin
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by ZooOga: 9:23pm On Jun 22, 2020
fact checker link. That $1.5 Billion figure is way off the mark.

https://explorer.usaid.gov/cd/NGA

Regional Rank:
3/49

$822m Nigeria
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 22, 2020
iTroll:

Don't be an idiot.
Trump and the USA owe Nigeria nothing.
If they decide to withhold their aids to us, then I see no fault from them.
In a sane country, 1.5b dollars per year for several decades now is enough to set up a good and working nation. But Africa is still as poor as it was before the aids started.
Its not as if you're personally benefiting from the aids. 80% of Nigerians aren't.
See this black man judging another man on his own money.
Sharaap....every country as it own problem but admit it trump hate Africans why are Nigerians so pessimistic about their country sad who ask you this one
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by goldmatrix(m): 9:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
Nigeria is a waste pipe. They can receive all foreign aids around the globe, people's taxes yet it ended up in Nigerians' politicians pocket..they have every right to stop it and send to other countries for better use...
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by SODbaba2(m): 10:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
Patrioticman007:
Good that Dump Trump (Racist) wants to stop the foreign aid, so that we can sue the white house for crimes committed against black people in the name of slavery & colonialism.
I believe that will bankrupt every white evil nation that participated in those heinous acts.
An idiot below, was mentioning Christian nation aid, its a fact that these people don't respect black Christians, if not Floyd & black lives matters movement, wouldn't have existed in the first place.
Your signature says human first yet you use the pics of a man that was unjustly killed as meme
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by jaxxy(m): 11:17pm On Jun 22, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Just like buhari will be the last president of Nigeria

So also trump will be the last president of the great USA

Because we are at the time of the end

Donald trump will die in office of a strange ailment and they will blame Russia

China will finish USA

Europe will come to the rescue

Macron will lead the world

Jesus will kill macron and his scientist.

These are prophecies

Same thing y’all said about Obama being the last president of America. I’m tired of these conspiracy theories.
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by ghettochild(m): 11:54pm On Jun 22, 2020
He shd stop it as long as he can prove that the money is been embezzled...
Cos they Nigerian govt ain't using the money to improve the life of the masses
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by tammie24: 6:10am On Jun 23, 2020
uunwanaobong3:

I think that the whole message of this protest is getting lost day by day, from defunding the police to disrespecting the national anthem to destruction and pulling down of historical and national artifacts/ structure to banning of Confederate flags....... This are not the message that blacks community should be sending...... Destroying historical monuments and flags doesn't cast you in good light instead it makes you look bad just like them(slave master).
No matter what we do now, slavery will always be part of America history...... They should embress it and learned from the lessons so that they wouldn't repeat the mistake of the urgly past. What has been done (slavery) can not be undone but it can be corrected through peaceful dialogue.
The Confederate were already there with their history and symbols even before the Advent of slavery in North America ...........it is not the fault of the blacks that they were slaves also it is not the fault of the white Confederate that they were slave masters, they both found themselves at the wrong side history and at a wrong time ................their flags is historical to them, it represents their heritage/their existence and their monuments represent their history/their sacrifices that makes America great today............... Believe me, nobody In this world would love their history to be destroyed by others,...... I don't know about you but as for me, I will fight and die in order to maintain my heritage ........ If you are banning the Confederate flag and monuments from public view due to slave keeping, we should also ban British flag, french flag, Belgium flag and their monuments for also keeping slaves,,, because this was a common practice to all these countries at that time.
The destruction of historical artifacts happening in USA now is no different from what ISIS terrorist did in Syria in 2017 when they destroy all history monuments at their sight and were roundly criticized by United Nations............ Blacks should not allowed themselves to became a target of indigenous and those white that were there before them through these senseless act of vandalism and threatening of other peoples culture. Don't try to fight racism by making other people feel unwelcome, rejection, guilty, hatred, that the country is against them ...................... Instead the fight should be centered on equality, fair share of representation in national discuss, societal inclusion, unfair police brutality toward blacks and police reform, unemployment rate and accessibility of quality education and medical Care by blacks community, development of the black ghetto communities, seeking of the same privileges accrue the the whites,,,, these should be their demand and not destruction of other peoples history ( that will make them terrorist and target for white supremacists)........ I believe that both the former slave and slave master can live together sharing equal rights and privileges without a sense of unfair treatment by both sides......,. But these should not be politicised for anyones benefits.............. Most of these brutality, demonstration and historical destruction are happening in a Democrats states ............ Blacks should be careful of having their cause being used to score cheap political points.

Blacks should arose from political racism else they may not get their much needed freedom
they are actually free but are slaves in their minds
Re: John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA by Manageme: 6:32am On Jun 23, 2020
He should pls stop it, all the ones that has come to Nigeria what did they do with it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: APC Rally For Abe In Rivers State (photos) / Musa Iliyasu-Kwankwaso Admits Ganduje Received Bribe / Kidnapped Emir Of Kajuru Breaks Down At Reunion After Regaining Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.