Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,031 members, 7,835,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Do We Need More Than Prayers In Nigeria - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Do We Need More Than Prayers In Nigeria (860 Views)

Hundreds Stood Awake To Offer Prayers For Bobbi Kristina Brown / 15 Facts That Don't Need More Than One Sentence To Blow Your Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Need More Than Prayers In Nigeria by ideylaff: 9:54am On Jan 28, 2011
As time flies, its so scary that mediocrity is the order of the day. We celebrate opening of a road by a Governor, construction of bore holes as a landmark. Makes me wonder why we have all given our food 4 d Vultures to feed on. Run back to the Church 4 refuge and all u see are the Pators using the guise of tithes and offering to make people feel bad and deluded to give their money to the church that is so reckless with it. Egba mi oooo, yapa ripa, (help me ooo, I tire)
Re: Do We Need More Than Prayers In Nigeria by pixieelott: 6:52am On Jan 29, 2011
Hi
You have done a good question, it’s really interesting. If you get any good reply, so please let me know. So I’ll also get some good idea.
Thanks for your future help.
Re: Do We Need More Than Prayers In Nigeria by ideylaff: 2:04pm On Jan 29, 2011
No replies,
Re: Do We Need More Than Prayers In Nigeria by Noyi: 6:32pm On Jan 30, 2011
yes oh! we need alot more than prayers. if Nigerians used as much effort in finding scientific solutions to problems as they use in going to church and praying to God we would have reached the moon by now.We need to realise that God is not going to drop down from the heavens to give us light or water or jobs! for goodness sake if everyone in history waited for God to intervene we wud still be in caves. its our adamant belief in all things supernatural and disbelief in all things scientific that has gotten us to where we are. And even those who do not pray all day choose to do something equaly as bad: complain all day. If you dont like how the country is take steps to change it! After all its your country. Enough said

(1) (Reply)

Young And Self-taught Engineering Whiz From Sierra Leone, Wows MIT Experts / Biofilter / I Have An Idea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.