Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Plateau State Can Be Fixed But Must Vote A Yoruba Or Igbo As Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau State Can Be Fixed But Must Vote A Yoruba Or Igbo As Governor (950 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Before You Cast Your Vote - A Message From General Buhari / Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plateau State Can Be Fixed But Must Vote A Yoruba Or Igbo As Governor by KnowAll(m): 10:14am On Jan 28, 2011
Give me Plateau State I would turn it round in 12 months, the problem that state has at the moment is you cannot trust a Berom nor an Hausa/Fulani with ruling the state. This circle of violence would continue unabated. How come Plateau State amongst all the States that have/has a cosmopolitan population is the only State that has a Christian Governor and a Christian Deputy Governor, common sense can easily deduce that the Muslims in that state are not only sidelined in the grand scheme of things but are not recognised.

This scenario either deliberately painted by the Jang Government is not only illus ional, it is a fallacy and a complete fabrication of lies, it is also disenfranchising to the large swath of Muslims whose voice has been ignored, dampened and deliberately left on the scrap yard. This vague and unbalance position of things needs to and should be addressed to the benefit of all asunder.

This is where an Igbo or Yoruba man can step in and take the mantle. The State has a lot to offer, if only all the resources can be properly harmonised in a planned way,  the state could be the bread basket of not only Nigeria but the whole of West/ Africa.

I shall profess some solutions, I would expect others who are within the vicinity of the state to take the mantle and run and I belief they would defeat Jang and his motley crew of haters, so also would they be able to convince the Hausa/ Fulani that there is something to gain if they work with the Yoruba or Igbo Candidate or any other Southerner. It would be a win-win for all rather than this shameful continuous bloodbath.

[size=16pt]Salient Points about Plateau State[/size]

1. During the Military regime,  the Governors of the state were normally outsider this allowed growth and development to be sustained and less in fighting between the Beroms and the Hausa/ Fulani

2. I can guarantee 99% employment in Plateau State within the first 12 months of my regime obviously I would have to work with the Federal Government on this.

3. The soil in the Plateau is one of the best for grazing, planting, breeding animals in a husbandry way, this shall be the way forward.

4. A sound mind is a develop mind, free education for citizens from Primary to Secondary. I would implore the FG picks up the tab of free University Education for a period of 20 years, so that we have a generation of graduates training their own wards from what they have benefit from the Government.

5. Educated Folks don’t go killing their neighbours; they proffer solutions to trouble thereby pushing the dynamism of the economy into either single or double digit figures

6. Public Works project can put more people in employment; example Dualising the Abuja to Jos road and putting a toll on it.

7. Plateau State is one of the few places in Nigeria where Potatoes grows healthily, the whole state would be made into a huge Potato Farm, Poultry would be another area looked into, It is possible within 20 years for Chicken and Chips to be the staple food in Nigeria, by flooding the market with enough Chicken and potatoes that even a poor Nigerian would be able to afford it. Today Chicken and Chips is a food reserve for the rich.

8. Jos is about 2 hours from Abuja, Some Federal Ministers should be re-located there, the reason being is to make the city even more cosmopolitan than it is at the moment.

9. A possibility of a fast train between Jos and Abuja should looked into, it would create Jobs making people to be busy instead of thinking of how they would kill their neighbours, an idle mind is the devils work shop.

10. Ban Animal grazing by Fulani heards man and encourage Hay Factories, in the western world you don’t see farmer grazing their animals all over the country, they feed their animals on Hay, the Cattle Fulani’s need to be indoctrinated on how to farm Hay and grow Hay.

11. I think if these measures are put in place Jos would be a peaceful place.

12. Just to remind folks the Nigerian Revolution Party would be fielding Candidates for the forth coming elections in Plateau State. Plateau State may likely be the first State to be captured and our first victory in our struggle for recognition, the State at the moment has all the recipe and ingredients that galvanizes change,

13. To Know more about the Nigerian Revolution Party click on this link
Re: Plateau State Can Be Fixed But Must Vote A Yoruba Or Igbo As Governor by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 28, 2011
what if the governor were to be an atheist, of which religion should his deputy be?
Re: Plateau State Can Be Fixed But Must Vote A Yoruba Or Igbo As Governor by KnowAll(m): 12:27pm On Jan 28, 2011
what if the governor were to be an atheist, of which religion should his deputy be?

An atheist is more of a free thinker; one would expect even more productivity from such a person than those who have religious hang-ups. The British Deputy Prime Minister is an Atheist.

In which case the free thinker can choose either the Muslim or Christian as his DG and SSG of the State in either way he deems fit.
Re: Plateau State Can Be Fixed But Must Vote A Yoruba Or Igbo As Governor by Akanbiedu(m): 12:56pm On Jan 28, 2011
A Yoruba governor is the best. A typical Yoruba has both christian and muslim immediate family members in nigeria. he naturally would be more tolerant than other tribes in nigeria. The fulanis are too muslim and the Ibos are too christian.

You can use an Igbo muslim,muslim berom or fulani christian too.
Re: Plateau State Can Be Fixed But Must Vote A Yoruba Or Igbo As Governor by KnowAll(m): 2:04pm On Jan 28, 2011
[size=14pt]Education is the key in the north, or should I say the opium for the people even semi-illiterate Atiku when he called for violent change unknowingly, later came out and dispel it, despite being a semi illiterate he realise the gravity of such ambiguous statement, he is aware if miscreants make it a currency of trade, he could and would be held for fuelling and inciting violence.

Educated folks apply diplomacy, illiterates apply brute force, to say the Berom and their fellow Hausa/ Fulani killers still belong to that stone age of marauding, barbarians is not an understatement. Their behaviour in 2011 is reminiscent of Norwegian Vikings who ruled present day Sweden and Norway; way back in the 9th century around 1000 and 1200 AD.

To think we still have tribes behaving like this in 2011 is a shame on the Gowons, Jangs and other Berom leaders of these world.[/size]
Re: Plateau State Can Be Fixed But Must Vote A Yoruba Or Igbo As Governor by KnowAll(m): 2:17pm On Jan 28, 2011
[size=14pt]Awolowo started free education in 1951 in the SW, it means the SW is 60 years ahead of Northern Nigeria and up to now as I am writing this peace no one in Government see this as a potential danger. [/size]
Re: Plateau State Can Be Fixed But Must Vote A Yoruba Or Igbo As Governor by Akanbiedu(m): 3:06pm On Jan 28, 2011
^^^

I hope your aim of starting this thread is not to show that SW is superior to the north?
Re: Plateau State Can Be Fixed But Must Vote A Yoruba Or Igbo As Governor by KnowAll(m): 3:12pm On Jan 28, 2011
hope your aim of starting this thread is not to show that SW is superior to the north?

[size=14pt]The SW is a laboratory where Christians and Muslims have live together in harmony, you don’t need to conduct a new experiment on what an ideal society should look like. Both the Beroms and Hausa/ Fulani can learn from the tolerance in the SW.

Secondly since both groups don’t trust each other let them allow other Nigerians be their Governors until they have learnt how to accommodate each other.[/size]
Re: Plateau State Can Be Fixed But Must Vote A Yoruba Or Igbo As Governor by aljharem(m): 3:15pm On Jan 28, 2011
^^^^^^^^
[size=15pt]keep deceiving yourselves undecided[/size]
Re: Plateau State Can Be Fixed But Must Vote A Yoruba Or Igbo As Governor by KnowAll(m): 3:20pm On Jan 28, 2011
keep deceiving yourselves

Come on give us a solution then, or you think this archaic Othman Dan Fodio style would wash it in 2011.
Re: Plateau State Can Be Fixed But Must Vote A Yoruba Or Igbo As Governor by jostincity: 3:40pm On Jan 28, 2011
You are really funny. All these you've mentioned will not be the permanent solutions to Plateau problem. Probably a temporarily one. "you cannot trust a Berom nor Hausa/Fulana" I thinks even the Yoruba or Igbo cannot be trusted too if you insist.

The truth is that Plateau state has pro blems and these problems started long before Nigeria had her Independence. There are so many things on ground then and even today that both the Federal and state failed to address. Now the problems are becoming so complex for one man to solve unless we tell ourselves the truth (also accepting) and come together, then, those problems can be solved.

pray for our leaders, pray for J town, pray for Naija and pray for yourselves too. Peace to you all,
Re: Plateau State Can Be Fixed But Must Vote A Yoruba Or Igbo As Governor by KnowAll(m): 3:49pm On Jan 28, 2011
You are really funny. All these you've mentioned will not be the permanent solutions to Plateau problem. Probably a temporarily one. "you cannot trust a Berom nor Hausa/Fulana" I thinks even the Yoruba or Igbo cannot be trusted too if you insist.

The truth is that Plateau state has pro blems and these problems started long before Nigeria had her Independence. There are so many things on ground then and even today that both the Federal and state failed to address. Now the problems are becoming so complex for one man to solve unless we tell ourselves the truth (also accepting) and come together, then, those problems can be solved.

pray for our leaders, pray for J town, pray for Naija and pray for yourselves too. Peace to you all,

How come there were no killings in the present day industrial scale when you heard military Governors. Or maybe a military Governor would be more acceptable to your people than a Yoruba or Igbo civilian politician.
Re: Plateau State Can Be Fixed But Must Vote A Yoruba Or Igbo As Governor by jostincity: 4:09pm On Jan 28, 2011
Are you sure that during the Military there were no killings even when you are denied of your rights? I don't want to argue with you because you will say NRP for life (like some football fans will do). I'm not making fun of you and please don't generalize things because you'll get so many things wrong. we live a complex and no one can understand everything.

Peace be with you.
Re: Plateau State Can Be Fixed But Must Vote A Yoruba Or Igbo As Governor by KnowAll(m): 6:18pm On Feb 10, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-602835.0.html#msg7705914

Mr Jang if u implement half d things listed on this thread u will have an eldorado
in your hands, anyway goodluck in d elections.
Re: Plateau State Can Be Fixed But Must Vote A Yoruba Or Igbo As Governor by aljharem(m): 6:44pm On Feb 10, 2011
^^^^^^

bobo

why do you start stu.pid threads like this
Re: Plateau State Can Be Fixed But Must Vote A Yoruba Or Igbo As Governor by ekubear1: 10:51pm On Feb 10, 2011
Money for all this

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Spent N45trn In 12 Years / Un Proposes A No-fly-zone In Nigeria / Gej Offers Buhari Ministerial Appointment!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.