Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

What Do You Think Of Covid19? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Do You Think Of Covid19? (565 Views)

90 Years Old Woman Dies Of COVID19 Trying To Help Younger Ones (photos) / 8 New Confirmed Cases Of COVID19 In Nigeria Making A Total Of 97 / Depression: When I Think Of Sex, How Can I Die? - UNIPORT Female Student (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Of Covid19? by Purplebubble: 2:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
Many people in Nigeria have had covid19 and they thought it was malaria and they treated it. Now they are doing well.
I just want to know what we all think of this closed schools, interstate travel ban, border closure when other countries are opening, many people have lost their jobs, no light, no palliatives, people have not been paid, no food, people are stranded and depressed.
In my opinion Nigerians are just being punished with the umbrella of covid 19. What are your opinions?
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by WakeNbaked: 2:34pm On Jun 22, 2020
Truth be told for the past 2 month I haven't gave this Covid 19 any thought.

I just dey ball, I don get like 5 babes within this period. Na to fvck, chop and blow some Arizona.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by Vicvalentine: 2:42pm On Jun 22, 2020
Dubai is Open

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by Purplebubble: 2:46pm On Jun 22, 2020
So many countries have opened and are opening. I even heard Ghana has opened their tertiary institutions to final year students meanwhile Nigeria is still not thinking of opening or are they enjoying the lockdown, I don't get
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by WakeNbaked: 3:01pm On Jun 22, 2020
Purplebubble:
So many countries have opened and are opening. I even heard Ghana has opened their tertiary institutions to final year students meanwhile Nigeria is still not thinking of opening or are they enjoying the lockdown, I don't get
Those government workers no dey add much to our economy compare to free money free as donation and they can now boatload of loans without anybody bating an eye.
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by Purplebubble: 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
WakeNbaked:

Those government workers no dey add much to our economy compare to free money free as donation and they can now boatload of loans without anybody bating an eye.
hmmmn there's God
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by WakeNbaked: 3:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
Purplebubble:
hmmmn there's God
There ain't..
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by Purplebubble: 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
WakeNbaked:

There ain't..
Never say that dear.
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by WakeNbaked: 4:27pm On Jun 22, 2020
Purplebubble:
Never say that dear.
How do you know there is?
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by Purplebubble: 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
WakeNbaked:

How do you know there is?
I know there's God because when I pray, he answers and he is faithful to his words
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by WakeNbaked: 4:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
Purplebubble:
I know there's God because when I pray, he answers and he is faithful to his words
You prayed about the pandemic?
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by Purplebubble: 4:34pm On Jun 22, 2020
WakeNbaked:

You prayed about the pandemic?
I prayed against it
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by investigator007: 5:00pm On Jun 22, 2020
personally i think the covid 19 is real, and we can only know the extent of spread if only our tested rates increase cos its only when you test that you can confirm a positive case, yes people have lost their jobs and are left without food due to the pandemic but many organisations are putting measures in place to mitigate the effect of the virus, and example is the initiative FCMB is sponsoring that intends to provide upto 1 million meals weekly.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by Saintinoo(m): 5:28pm On Jun 22, 2020
Purplebubble:
Many people in Nigeria have had covid19 and they thought it was malaria and they treated it. Now they are doing well.
I just want to know what we all think of this closed schools, interstate travel ban, border closure when other countries are opening, many people have lost their jobs, no light, no palliatives, people have not been paid, no food, people are stranded and depressed.
In my opinion Nigerians are just being punished with the umbrella of covid 19. What are your opinions?
Till today i am still trying to understand why the interstate travel ban is in place when the virus have been comfirmed im 35 states.

Hopefully they want to lock state boarders till next year. Senseless government.
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by illicit(m): 5:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
Scam
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by Purplebubble: 5:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
Saintinoo:

Till today i am still trying to understand why the interstate travel ban is in place when the virus have been comfirmed in 35 states.

Hopefully they want to lock state boarders till next year. Senseless government.
They should lock it till 2023. God is bigger than them
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by WakeNbaked: 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
Purplebubble:
I prayed against it
Sure, but when e catch you na God will abi?
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by Purplebubble: 6:05pm On Jun 22, 2020
WakeNbaked:

Sure, but when e catch you na God will abi?
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.psalm 91:10
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by WakeNbaked: 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2020
Purplebubble:
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.psalm 91:10
Everyone believe that until they start shouting die by fire every morning.
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by Purplebubble: 8:50pm On Jun 22, 2020
WakeNbaked:

Everyone believe that until they start shouting die by fire every morning.
when you pray have faith and it will never come near you. God is not a man that he should lie
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by WakeNbaked: 9:20pm On Jun 22, 2020
Purplebubble:
when you pray have faith and it will never come near you. God is not a man that he should lie
Dude be real, have never really wanted for something and didn't get it?
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by SirWarlock: 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
Saintinoo:

Till today i am still trying to understand why the interstate travel ban is in place when the virus have been comfirmed im 35 states.

I mean as much as people have flouted the rules, you don't just give total freeway for the virus to go to and fro. When that happens can states like kogi still claim they're covid free(which they aren't)
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by SirWarlock: 11:19pm On Jun 22, 2020
You want to hear people say it's a scam right grin grin. Have you looked at the news lately about the so called other countries? Or you think they just opened up just like that? Oh well with reports now that people are scared of testing and treatment we're truly on our own now sad
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by Purplebubble: 6:48am On Jun 23, 2020
SirWarlock:
You want to hear people say it's a scam right grin grin. Have you looked at the news lately about the so called other countries? Or you think they just opened up just like that? Oh well with reports now that people are scared of testing and treatment we're truly on our own now sad
The problem starts when you look at the news, the target is to instill fear in the masses but nigerians are getting wiser. the same covid 19 that's killing over 1000 people in a day in civilized countries came into Nigeria and stated killing less than 30 people, lol. Is Nigeria more civilized or we have better health care system? Let me tell you covid 19 is just Like malaria, same sypmtoms. I know a lot of people last month that have had same sypmtoms of covid 19 loss of smell and taste, running nose, cold, high fever etc they all thought it was typhoid and malaria, they self medicated and they are all well now. So covid19 in Nigeria is not as deadly as the media makes it look. I hope the world does not leave nigeria behind b4 They finally open everywhere. People are hungry, insecurities everywhere and people are tired. They should just stop giving covid19 too much attention and focus more on other things like job creation before the country hits worse recession

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by Saintinoo(m): 7:21am On Jun 23, 2020
SirWarlock:
I mean as much as people have flouted the rules, you don't just give total freeway for the virus to go to and fro. When that happens can states like kogi still claim they're covid free(which they aren't)
Even the people you are here defending are planning to lift interstate travel ban by month end.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by SirWarlock: 8:02am On Jun 23, 2020
Saintinoo:

Even the people you are here defending are planning to lift interstate travel ban by month end.
Who am i defending . You think I'm not tired of any of this? . You think I rate this people well? They can lift it, not like we were ever serious with it in the first place. Be it a scam or not, how hard is it to just take simple precautions .
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by SirWarlock: 8:13am On Jun 23, 2020
Purplebubble:
The problem starts when you look at the news, the target is to instill fear in the masses but nigerians are getting wiser. the same covid 19 that's killing over 1000 people in a day in civilized countries came into Nigeria and stated killing less than 30 people, lol. Is Nigeria more civilized or we have better health care system? Let me tell you covid 19 is just Like malaria, same sypmtoms. I know a lot of people last month that have had same sypmtoms of covid 19 loss of smell and taste, running nose, cold, high fever etc they all thought it was typhoid and malaria, they self medicated and they are all well now. So covid19 in Nigeria is not as deadly as the media makes it look. I hope the world does not leave nigeria behind b4 They finally open everywhere. People are hungry, insecurities everywhere and people are tired. They should just stop giving covid19 too much attention and focus more on other things like job creation before the country hits worse recession
okay doctor. And the other people who may be vulnerable to it? Or you think everybody will share the exact same symptoms? To put it in the Nigerian perspective if you suspect malaria or fever which isn't new to you, you could self medicate while keeping in mind there's also a disease out there that presents with same symptoms. Now if the person ever recovers, would he/she try to isolate? No they'll spread it more and only call for help when the situation gets worse. Unless you're a 'who cares people die, no need to act on this one person' sad

You think other countries had it easy for them? Countries are having their worst economic downturns in over how many years and had to find a way to balance that and the health of their people. IMO socio-economically you can't compare the effects where Europe, US and other countries were on strict lockdown for two months to Nigeria with just two states and where it wasn't strict at all. Infact it could be said to be on paper.

What I'm saying is the precautions aren't that hard, they simple ie masks, avoid all forms of travel and gatherings if possible, if you suspect you have it, call for testing especially if your initial self medication isn't working.
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by suremanpatriot: 8:27am On Jun 23, 2020
99.0% NIGERIANS BELIEVE COVID IS A LOW DEATH VIRUS BEING BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION BY AGENTS OF SATAN TO LURE WHITE MUGUS FOR DONATION AND LOANS TO SHARE AMONG THRMSELVES.
20,000 cases is not 20,000 deaths.
500deaths in naija is not 50,000 deaths in europe that is open for business.AND CHAIN SMOKERS ARE MAJOR COVID DEATHS IN EUROPE AND AMERICA THAT IS HARD FACT.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by Vicvalentine: 9:01am On Jun 23, 2020
Purplebubble:

That’s is the Truth

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by Purplebubble: 9:13am On Jun 23, 2020
SirWarlock:
okay doctor. And the other people who may be vulnerable to it? Or you think everybody will share the exact same symptoms? To put it in the Nigerian perspective if you suspect malaria or fever which isn't new to you, you could self medicate while keeping in mind there's also a disease out there that presents with same symptoms. Now if the person ever recovers, would he/she try to isolate? No they'll spread it more and only call for help when the situation gets worse. Unless you're a 'who cares people die, no need to act on this one person' sad

You think other countries had it easy for them? Countries are having their worst economic downturns in over how many years and had to find a way to balance that and the health of their people. IMO socio-economically you can't compare the effects where Europe, US and other countries were on strict lockdown for two months to Nigeria with just two states and where it wasn't strict at all. Infact it could be said to be on paper.

What I'm saying is the precautions aren't that hard, they simple ie masks, avoid all forms of travel and gatherings if possible, if you suspect you have it, call for testing especially if your initial self medication isn't working.
who will call for testing, when the ones who called for testing were asked to go home and wait for their results while they keep spreading it at home, they self medicated after and got better after weeks the result comes out and they come pick them up to isolation centers, very ridiculous.

The country does not have a working system, other countries their governments provide food and salaries for their citizens but here in Nigeria everything got worse. All we got here were fake promises, power supply even got worse, prices of items sky rocketed.

Malaria has killed more than covid 19 in 2 months so they should Chanel the same energy on malaria, eradicating of mosquitoes. If we continue the way we are going It will take years for Nigeria to recover, funds are being embezzled, hunger is ravaging, people are still losing their jobs, the country is on a stand still and people are still glamouring for lock down. I pity some people
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by SirWarlock: 9:18am On Jun 23, 2020
Purplebubble:
who will call for testing, when the ones who called for testing were asked to go home and wait for their results while they keep spreading it at home, they self medicated after and got better after weeks the result comes out and they come pick them up to isolation centers, very ridiculous.
The country does not have a working system, other countries their governments provide food and salaries for their citizens but here in Nigeria everything got worse. All we got here were fake promises, power supply even got worse, prices of items sky rocketed.
Malaria has killed more than covid 19 in 2 months so they Chanel the same energy on malaria, eradicating of mosquitoes. If we continue the way we are going It will take years for Nigeria to recover, funds are being embezzled, hunger is ravaging, people are still losing their jobs, the country is on a stand still and people are still glamouring for lock downtown. I pity some people
Well we can on agree on something. This country has no working system for anything sad angry
Re: What Do You Think Of Covid19? by Purplebubble: 9:34am On Jun 23, 2020
suremanpatriot:
99.0% NIGERIANS BELIEVE COVID IS A LOW DEATH VIRUS BEING BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION BY AGENTS OF SATAN TO LURE WHITE MUGUS FOR DONATION AND LOANS TO SHARE AMONG THRMSELVES.
20,000 cases is not 20,000 deaths.
500deaths in naija is not 50,000 deaths in europe that is open for business.AND CHAIN SMOKERS ARE MAJOR COVID DEATHS IN EUROPE AND AMERICA THAT IS HARD FACT.
The way they were talking about covid19 I thought by now 100,000 people in Nigeria would have died by now. Lol. Nigerians are 50x wiser. God is greater than this government

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Receives 4 Million Doses Of Vaccine From U.S. / Help! I Feel Like Pooing Everytime Is It Jedi Jedi? / Can I Trust HIV Test Results After 4 Months Of Exposure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.