Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

How Should I Learn Javascript - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Should I Learn Javascript (1060 Views)

I Want To Learn Javascript / How Many Hours Should I Commit In A Day In Order To Learn Javascript In 3 Months / How Did You Learn Javascript? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Should I Learn Javascript by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2020
as a newbie how can I learn javascript? what should I learn before javascript and how long will it take me to be good with javascript. Thanks
Re: How Should I Learn Javascript by Karlebolu(m): 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
www.W3schools.com

You can of course watch video tutorials on YouTube, I'd recommend all those Freecodecamp long videos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Should I Learn Javascript by afuye(m): 9:41pm On Jun 22, 2020
2 year 6hours per day you will be good and make sure u build at least 100 projects
RemiAbdulSamad:
as a newbie how can I learn javascript? what should I learn before javascript and how long will it take me to be good with javascript. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Should I Learn Javascript by Maskyy(m): 5:58am On Jun 23, 2020
I don't like this culture of one way of learning. You can learn Js in any way. Be it video, ebook, podcast.
I learned js and most of the web part by studying ebook, practicing, and checking other people's code. Hence, this made it a bit easier for me when I read neat documentation. I watch videos when things go out of hand but I still prefer ebook.
Choose your style of learning.

You can not finish learning a language. You only need to know the basics and google others later. So stop thinking of when you will master a language like a boss.

Above all is data structure and problem-solving. And this should be the first thing to know.
How do you break down problems you've not tackled before? How do you explain an array, loop, data list, and object to yourself? Then you can use the right tool called programming language to solve your breakdowns.

3 Likes

Re: How Should I Learn Javascript by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 10:58am On Jun 23, 2020
afuye:
2 year 6hours per day you will be good and make sure u build at least 100 projects
haba! isn't 2 years too much just to be good with JS
Re: How Should I Learn Javascript by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 10:59am On Jun 23, 2020
Maskyy:
I don't like this culture of one way of learning. You can learn Js in any way. Be it video, ebook, podcast.
I learned js and most of the web part by studying ebook, practicing, and checking other people's code. Hence, this made it a bit easier for me when I read neat documentation. I watch videos when things go out of hand but I still prefer ebook.
Choose your style of learning.

You can not finish learning a language. You only need to know the basics and google others later. So stop thinking of when you will master a language like a boss.

Above all is data structure and problem-solving. And this should be the first thing to know.
How do you break down problems you've not tackled before? How do you explain an array, loop, data list, and object to yourself? Then you can use the right tool called programming language to solve your breakdowns.
tnx boss. so you suggest I learn data structure and algorithm before learning javascript

1 Like

Re: How Should I Learn Javascript by Maskyy(m): 3:29pm On Jun 23, 2020
RemiAbdulSamad:
tnx boss. so you suggest I learn data structure and algorithm before learning javascript

You learn along because data structure and algorithm are a whole course but are inline with programming.

So to grab the concept, learn along with whatever language you are into.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Should I Learn Javascript by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 5:52pm On Jun 23, 2020
Maskyy:

You learn along because data structure and algorithm are a whole course but are inline with programming.

So to grab the concept, learn along with whatever language you are into.
tnx bro. I gerrit

1 Like

Re: How Should I Learn Javascript by afuye(m): 8:23am On Jun 24, 2020
RemiAbdulSamad:
haba! isn't 2 years too much just to be good with JS

I told u what worked for me. This will definitely work when put in hrs
Re: How Should I Learn Javascript by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 10:27am On Jun 24, 2020
afuye:

I told u what worked for me. This will definitely work when put in hrs
ok. tnx
Re: How Should I Learn Javascript by RuggedSniper: 12:45am On Nov 17, 2020
Karlebolu:
www.W3schools.com

You can of course watch video tutorials on YouTube, I'd recommend all those Freecodecamp long videos.

1 Share

Re: How Should I Learn Javascript by Janepickles: 8:01am On Nov 17, 2020
1. Practice As Often As You Can
2. Take Good Notes
3. Start Writing Your Code As Soon As Possible
4. Take Note Of Best Practices
Re: How Should I Learn Javascript by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 10:02am On Nov 17, 2020
Janepickles:
1. Practice As Often As You Can 2. Take Good Notes 3. Start Writing Your Code As Soon As Possible 4. Take Note Of Best Practices
Thanks bro
Re: How Should I Learn Javascript by Maskyy(m): 8:45pm On Nov 17, 2020
I'm back brothers. Ask me JavaScript.
grin Being a while I code one.
We should be JsHood.

(1) (Reply)

Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst / I Need Help On Mysql / Ios Interface Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.