Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Ramires: The Signs - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ramires: The Signs (565 Views)

Chelsae Offers £40m Plus Ramires For Edison Cavani / Video: Ramires' Gliding Goal Against Manchester City / Chelsea To Sign Brazil Midfielder Ramires For £17m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ramires: The Signs by mrinfo(m): 4:49pm On Jan 28, 2011
18 million pounds is never a small fee to pay for a midfielder and so you will always expect that when a club spills out such money the should really get value for it. Especially when the player is a Brazilian.

The expectations on Brazilian Ramires has been very huge even too huge I dare say. Everyone of the Chelsea fans it seems expected him to start right away making things happen for the blues.

And so when he continously lost the ball to the opposition in midfield (the Manchester City case readily comes to mind)the hopes soon turned to despair and anger. Many questioned why such a player should be bought at such a high cost.

But what Ramires had going for him was his tireless running and endless tackling which many times disrupted attacking flows for the opposition. He only needed to tidy up his ball possession, passing and shooting accuracy and the blues will suddenly have gold in their hands.

Of recent just like I hoped after watching him in a few matches he has begun to come to terms with the harsh realities of the English league. And just on Monday he scored his first goal in the blue jersey.

My prediction is that more will come from the Brazilian. He has youth on his side.

Comment: Now that Ramires has scored Mikel Obi has to seriously do something about his attacking play. He is doing good defensively but in the modern game that may not be enough for a defensive midfielder. I just hope he gets the message now that Ramires has got a goal.

http://soccerfiesta..com/2011/01/will-brazilian-justify-chelseas.html

(1) (Reply)

Bayern Munich Sack Louis Van Gaal / Would U Kick The Ball Boy At Swansea Vs Chelsea Match Like Edin Hazard Did? / So What Are Your Thoughts On The UCL And UEL Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.