Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,625 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Can A Sickle Cell (SCD) Patient Survive In The UK? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can A Sickle Cell (SCD) Patient Survive In The UK? (235 Views)

I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help / LIVING With SCD(Sickle Cell Disease). / 94-Year-Old Nigerian Woman, Alakija, A Sickle Cell Patient (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Sickle Cell (SCD) Patient Survive In The UK? by Haywhy433(m): 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2020
Good evening great Nairalanders

Please I need some advice on a pertinent issue. I'll like to know your thoughts on a Warrior (sc genotype) going to stay and work in the UK. The concern here is the cold weather over there.
Is it possible, how? Or it's a NO NO??
Also, scenarios will be highly appreciated if there's any. Thanks in advance for your invaluable contributions.
Re: Can A Sickle Cell (SCD) Patient Survive In The UK? by HarunaWest(m): 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2020
Haywhy433:
Good evening great Nairalanders

Please I need some advice on a pertinent issue. I'll like to know your thoughts on a Warrior (sc genotype) going to stay and work in the UK. The concern here is the cold weather over there.
Is it possible, how? Or it's a NO NO??
Also, scenarios will be highly appreciated if there's any. Thanks in advance for your invaluable contributions.
Some 4 years ago I think.. A family friend of ours lost their daughter @ U. K.. She was sickle cell and also a DOC. as well.. I have come to realize that its just luck that makes people survive that stuff mehn
Re: Can A Sickle Cell (SCD) Patient Survive In The UK? by Haywhy433(m): 7:46pm On Jun 23, 2020
HarunaWest:

Some 4 years ago I think.. A family friend of ours lost their daughter @ U. K.. She was sickle cell and also a DOC. as well.. I have come to realize that its just luck that makes people survive that stuff mehn
Sorry about that sir. Yeah it's tough
Re: Can A Sickle Cell (SCD) Patient Survive In The UK? by missjekyll: 8:08pm On Jun 23, 2020
the southwest and cornwall have the mildest temperatures. They do not have a lot of Africans though.

The Worst months in these places are January February. Even then temperature rarely drops below zero. Summer temperatures are Nigerian. It will be 31 degrees tomorrow.

Best of all, Worldclass healthcare is available for free. Just in case you get sick.

All said and done,you should probably visit first in january . see how you like it before you move. Cheers
Re: Can A Sickle Cell (SCD) Patient Survive In The UK? by Haywhy433(m): 8:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
missjekyll:
the southwest and cornwall have the mildest temperatures. They do not have a lot of Africans though.

The Worst months in these places are January February. Even then temperature rarely drops below zero. Summer temperatures are Nigerian. It will be 31 degrees tomorrow.

Best of all, Worldclass healthcare is available for free. Just in case you get sick.

All said and done,you should probably visit first in january . see how you like it before you move. Cheers
Nice insights, thank so much

(1) (Reply)

New Flu Virus Emerges In China With 'pandemic Potential' / Innoson Backs Foundation’s Fight Against Breast, Cervical Cancers With Car: PICS / Boost Your Immune System With Plantstemcelltherapy To Prevent Covid19 Pandemic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.