Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,136 members, 7,835,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries (2285 Views)

Federal High Court Restrains Obaseki From Participating In PDP Primary Election / Obaseki: From Fry Pan To Fire? Offered PDP N6 Billion For Ticket - ThisDay / APC Panel Disqualifies Obaseki From APC Primary Election In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by oshozondii: 8:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
A High Court of Justice in Ekpoma Judicial Division has restrained the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and others, from removing, preventing or purporting to exclude the Edo State Governor, Mr Godwin Obaseki or any of other aspirant who has been cleared by the party from participating in the gubernatorial primary slated for 25th June 2020.

The Judge, J. O. Okeaya-Inneh, ruling in a suit filed by Felix Irioh and Tom Irehobhude, said, “ I find in my humble view that the applicants have satisfied the guidelines for the grant of the orders sought as enjoined in the celebrated landmark case of Kotoye v CBN (1989), 1 NWLR PT. 98, 419 at 441.”

The judge added, “The balance of convenience is in favour of the 1st and 2nd applicants and there is no undue delay in bringing this application. It is in that light that I find merit in this application.”

The defendants in the suit are Dr. Tony Aziegbemi, the PDP, Hon. Andy Ikhajiangbe, Peter Akhimien and INEC.

The applicants sought “an Order of Interim Injunction restraining INEC from however refusing to recognize and/or accept the name of any of the aspirants named in paragraph 2 above especially Mr Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki as lawful aspirants having been lawfully screened and cleared by the 2nd Defendant to participate in the 2nd primary election scheduled to hold on the 25th June 2020 in any report of the monitoring of the said primaries pending the hearing of the Motion On Notice.”

The judge adjourned the matter to July 1, 2020, for hearing of pending applications.

With the decision, Governor Obaseki has been given the legal green light to participate in the gubernatorial primary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by oshozondii: 8:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by Brandstudio01: 8:12pm On Jun 23, 2020
I trust that is not a court from a 3rd world Republic. Because it sounds more like a comedy than a fiction
Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by Seanfer1: 8:25pm On Jun 23, 2020
Obaseki is less than a week in PDP and he’s already using court to decide how he wants the party to run. What if he didn’t win the primary?
I guess this is Obaseki’s response to the court case in PH tomorrow Incase it didn’t go his way.
A leopard can’t clear his spot.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by MrALIVE: 8:39pm On Jun 23, 2020
Start preparing your handover notes Oga..

We don tire for una Tory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by Bighead9: 8:46pm On Jun 23, 2020
MrALIVE:

God bless you.

Ugly and incompetent Obaseki is a gonner. angry angry grin grin

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by Trumpcard05: 8:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
Hmmm
Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by Pollze: 8:50pm On Jun 23, 2020
Obaseki will fly the PDP flag

Vote in opinion polls at Pollze. Check my signature.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by agwom(m): 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2020
Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by sosanova: 8:55pm On Jun 23, 2020
Checkmate

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by SaintBeehot(m): 8:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
But.....

Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by Dpharisee: 8:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
How many cases on the same matter in one day. Before tomorrow morning there will be another injunction from a Sharia court in Zamfara State barring Ize Iyamu from greeting Obaseki.

Even Felix the guy behind BBQGRILLS on this platform is tired, too many darling daddies claiming to be his party chairmen

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by PIMPAR: 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2020
It's daily getting clearer to everyone, that Oshiomole was never at fault

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by Tizmamoney: 9:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
ekpoma court na state high court na. It doesn't have jurisdiction over what's happening

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by frankmoney(m): 9:30pm On Jun 23, 2020
Wow
Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by fergie001: 9:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
This is a Court of co-ordinate jurisdiction with the FHC, PH.

I thought he should have gone up.

Court don suffer sef!
Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by sapientia(m): 10:08pm On Jun 23, 2020
Was it a night court?
Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by Jorussia(m): 10:10pm On Jun 23, 2020
This one Na toilet paper court order.Obaseki should approach appeal court to set aside the order of FHC PH.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by Jorussia(m): 10:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
fergie001:

Court don suffer sef!
yes it is a court of coordinate jurisdiction.The order of FHC PH can only be vacated by appeal court.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by nijapoliticsand: 10:25pm On Jun 23, 2020
Now I know this country is finished.

I read this article a few hours ago, and I nearly shed tears!!!

I see why this crazy stuffs happen in this country.

https://shapads.com.ng/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-nigerian/
Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by jchioma: 11:47pm On Jun 23, 2020
INEC will obey this order. Where there's a will, there must be a way. No retreat, no surrender. For the political actors, it's a fight to the finish.

This election will make or mar godfathers in Nigeria. Some persons will be demystified. I pray the Edo people make the right choice though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by Dansuqi: 12:10am On Jun 24, 2020
fergie001:

Court don suffer sef!

Am even thinking whether it has jurisdiction.it reminds me of the osisioma court order ikpeazu procured in 2015 to prevent his removal
Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by fergie001: 5:09am On Jun 24, 2020
Dansuqi:

Am even thinking whether it has jurisdiction.it reminds me of the osisioma court order ikpeazu procured in 2015 to prevent his removal
That thing in Osisioma isn't judicial rascality.....Its judicial madness.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by Dansuqi: 7:27am On Jun 24, 2020
fergie001:

That thing in Osisioma isn't judicial rascality.....Its judicial madness.

But you were with ikpeazu
Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by fergie001: 10:02am On Jun 24, 2020
Dansuqi:

But you were with ikpeazu
Have I started making comments on this section of nairaland in 2016?

Is it that you just want an argument or what?

I don't just understand. Was it not around that time you even registered on NL?
Tomorrow you will read someone say it and you will defend it.
Your matter is sometimes provoking.
Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by Seanfer1: 10:13am On Jun 24, 2020
fergie001:

Have I started making comments on this section of nairaland in 2016?

Is it that you just want an argument or what?

I don't just understand. Was it not around that time you even registered on NL?
Tomorrow you will read someone say it and you will defend it.
Your matter is sometimes provoking.

Morning Bro. Have you read about Ihama withdrawing his case in PH court today?
Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by fergie001: 10:17am On Jun 24, 2020
Seanfer1:

Morning Bro. Have you read about Ihama withdrawing his case in PH court today?
I haven't Sir.....just waking up.

I stayed up throughout looking at the legality of Obaseki's exparte in Ekpoma which is wrong.

I will not be surprised.

Wike is the one directing all this, tbh.
He just needs his own share, that's all.
Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by Seanfer1: 10:26am On Jun 24, 2020
fergie001:

I haven't Sir.....just waking up.

I stayed up throughout looking at the legality of Obaseki's exparte in Ekpoma which is wrong.

I will not be surprised.

Wike is the one directing all this, tbh.
He just needs his own share, that's all.

At the bolded I said same thing yesterday, but people said I was wrong.
WIKE is trying to make Obaseki dance to his tune Incase he wins the election. Wike want to have Edo under this arm for 2023 PDP presidential nomination.
Now Obaseki will know what is the true definition of God Father. grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by fergie001: 10:30am On Jun 24, 2020
Seanfer1:

At the bolded I said same thing yesterday, but people said I was wrong.
WIKE is trying to make Obaseki dance to his tune Incase he wins the election. Wike want to have Edo under this arm for 2023 PDP presidential nomination.
Now Obaseki will know what is the true definition of God Father. grin grin
Not really. Wike wants money....PLENTY OF IT.
For him to regard some as tax collectors means money has been shared and it didn't get to him.

Wike is more passionate about his Rivers Politics than whether the PDP wins Presidency or not.
Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks PDP, INEC From Excluding Obaseki From Party Primaries by Unigrad: 11:35am On Jun 24, 2020
MrALIVE:
Go prepare the note for him na. Ize Iyamu internet boys.

(1) (Reply)

Ibrahim Magu Tables 7 Demands Before Presidential Panel (full List) / El-rufai’s Utterances Fueling Southern Kaduna Crisis – Babachir Lawal / We Are Ikwerre-igbo, But Ndi Igbo Doesn't Accept Us, Ohaneze Should Address This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.