Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,045 members, 7,835,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Other Major Religions And Beliefs - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Other Major Religions And Beliefs (2460 Views)

Ancient Religions and beliefs . / Other Major Religions . / Ways To Preserve Our Cultural Values And Beliefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by McGg: 9:42am On Jun 24, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
THERE ARE NO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE CONTESTING THIS THREAD BECAUSE "TRUTH" IS TRUTH, AND CAN NEVER BE CONTESTED.

Yes I believe that there's an atom of truth in all the religions for me am just an OBSERVER
Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by LordShiva97(m): 10:22am On Jun 24, 2020
Funny thing is that the adherents of each faith have an unwavering conviction that theirs is the only true path. Not to mention the uncountable sects and denominations within each religion and their numerous and equally diverse doctrines and dogma.
Religion is the biggest joke ever told, it's an interesting and intriguing one though.

Nice thread TheSourcerer.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by TheSourcerer: 10:30am On Jun 24, 2020
LordShiva97:
Funny thing is that the adherents of each faith have an unwavering conviction that theirs is the only true path. Not to mention the uncountable sects and denominations within each religion and their numerous and equally diverse doctrines and dogma.
Religion is the biggest joke ever told, it's interesting and intriguing one though.

Thank you , people like you make it worth it all the way ♥️♥️

LordShiva97

Hey man email me here
darnleypedro22@gmail.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 24, 2020
LordShiva97:
Religion is the biggest joke ever told, it's interesting and intriguing one though.

Religion is the biggest scam of all time. cheesy
Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by Tabbaz(m): 11:21am On Jun 24, 2020
The more I read, the more I realised that I know very little. The more I grow, the less my certainty.

Majority of people belief in their parent's religion, and it seems the best in their eyes.

I think it is fair to discourage inter and intra religions hatred. We are human first before any other thing.

I think it's fair to promote love. The hatred in Nigeria influenced by tribal and religion differences is enough to inhibit national development.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 24, 2020
TheSourcerer:
O Yes of Course we know you love your God , he is real while the rest on the lists here are obviously untrue ♥️,Remember you never chose your religion , tradition location or name (so why do we defend these things to our death? ), Truth is you were unlucky to be born in Nigeria why would you be lucky on your tribe and Religion you believe yours is better than the next man 's because you have personal experience/conviction ?

but i know your God is the real deal though ♥️♥️ I'm just saying
So let's leave you we will leave you to decide
Here we Go ,Other Major Religions and Believes....

Dyt hopefullandlord Omar09 CAPSLOCKED Xmuslim Hahn ,Illicict, Richeousness88 fattprince, LordReed hahnz Illuminatus,Ghostrye, Lamanii22 IamMichael, Acekhalifa

Bahá’í

The Bahá’í faith is essentially a spiritual ideology that teaches the value of all religions, espousing the importance of universal equality and unity. Bahá’u’lláh, the founding figure in the Bahá’í faith, officially established his ideology in 1863 in Persia (or modern-day Iran). As something of a hybrid of other faiths, Bahá’í grew out of the tradition of Babism, which itself emerged from an Islamic denomination called Shaykhism. (Today, Babism exists with a few thousand adherents, concentrated largely in Iran, and standing separately from the Islamic ideologies that surround it.) Like Babism, Bahá’í incorporates some of the teachings of Islam but merges them with some Christian principles. The central governing body of the Bahá’í faith, a nine-member council called the Universal House of Justice, operates from Haifa, Israel. Today, the Bahá’í faith has somewhere between five and seven million adherents around the world.
The Baháʼí Faith is a religion teaching the essential worth of all religions, and the unity of all people. Established by Baháʼu'lláh in 1863, it initially grew in Persia and parts of the Middle East, where it has faced ongoing persecution since its inception.

Source: Wikipedia
https://thebestschools.org/magazine/world-religions-study-starters/

I've been waiting for this

1 Like

Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by peacefull(f): 2:32pm On Jun 24, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Shinto
Shinto is religious tradition native to Japan. Initially an informal collection of beliefs and mythologies, Shinto was less a religion than a distinctly Japanese form of cultural observance. The first recorded use of the term Shinto can be traced to the sixth century CE and is essentially the connective tissue between ancient Japanese customs and modern Japanese life. The primary focus of Shinto is the native belief in kami (spirits) and interaction with them through public shrines.

These shrines are an essential artifact of — and channel for — Shinto observation. More than 80,000 Shinto shrines dot Japan. Traditional Japanese styles of dress, dance, and ritual are also rooted in Shinto customs.

Roughly 3–4% of the Japanese population identifies as being part of a Shinto sect or congregation. By contrast, in a 2008 survey, roughly 26% of Japanese citizens reported visiting Shinto shrines.

Shinto is unique among religions. As a reflection of Japanese identity, Shinto observance is not necessarily limited to those who view themselves as religious adherents. Roughly 3–4% of the Japanese population identifies as being part of a Shinto sect or congregation. By contrast, in a 2008 survey, roughly 26% of Japanese citizens reported visiting Shinto shrines.

Peaceful ♥️♥️

Thank you for sharing this.
I appreciate you!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by TheSourcerer: 5:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
Xavfra:

I've been waiting for this
you got it bro♥️♥️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by TheSourcerer: 6:18pm On Jun 24, 2020
McGg:

Yes I believe that there's an atom of truth in all the religions for me am just an OBSERVER
Bleep observing , pick a side and stand your ground!!! ♥️♥️
Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by Image123(m): 10:43pm On Jun 24, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
THERE ARE NO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE CONTESTING THIS THREAD BECAUSE "TRUTH" IS TRUTH, AND CAN NEVER BE CONTESTED.

Counterfeits exist because there is an original. When are you guys ever going to be thinkers instead of moaners?

1 Like

Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by Image123(m): 10:45pm On Jun 24, 2020
Plead:

Religion is the biggest scam of all time. cheesy

Perhaps education is a bigger one, it guarantees nothing despite all the money, efforts and time gulped.
Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by TheSourcerer: 11:10pm On Jun 24, 2020
Image123:

Perhaps education is a bigger one, it guarantees nothing despite all the money, efforts and time gulped.
most 'ethics ' and 'norms' we met here are usually to profit the elderly rich and powerful
Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by Image123(m): 11:15pm On Jun 24, 2020
TheSourcerer:
most 'ethics ' and 'norms' we met here are usually to profit the elderly rich and powerful

Perhaps so, but should they be discarded or discouraged?
Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by TheSourcerer: 11:28pm On Jun 24, 2020
Image123:

Perhaps so, but should they be discarded or discouraged?
I cannot tell but we have to start changing things to know what will work, anything but the status quo
Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by Palehair: 5:55am On Jun 25, 2020
Image123:

It depends on the education you are referring to. If people's primary reason why they wanna be educated is to make money, then I'm sorry for them.
The primary reason for education is to be enlightened, all other things are secondary. Hence the saying, let the study pass through you and not you to pass through the study.

5 Likes

Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by iamoyindamola(m): 7:19am On Jun 25, 2020
TheSourcerer:

Bleep observing , pick a side and stand your ground!!! ♥️♥️
What about you grin
Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by TheSourcerer: 8:11am On Jun 25, 2020
iamoyindamola:

What about you grin
I'm a Free Thinking Atheist, good Morning ♥️

1 Like

Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by hahn(m): 9:06am On Jun 25, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Atheism/Agnosticism/Freethinking
Atheism refers to either the absence of a belief in the existence of deities or to an active belief that deities do not exist. This belief system rejects theology as well as the constructs of organized religion. Use of the term originated in the ancient world and was meant to degrade those who rejected commonly accepted religious precepts. It was first self-applied during the Age of Enlightenment in 18th century France. The French Revolution was driven by the prioritization of human reason over the abstract authority of religion. This prompted a period of skeptical inquiry, one in which atheism became an important cultural, philosophical, and political entity.

Many who characterize themselves as atheists argue that a lack of proof or scientific process prevents the belief in a deity. Some who refer to themselves as secular humanists have developed a code of ethics that exists separate from the worship of a deity. Determining the actual number of “practicing” atheists is quite difficult, given the absence of a unifying religious organization. Polling around the world has produced an extremely wide variance, with the largest rates of atheism generally seen in Europe and East Asia.

Closely related is the idea of agnosticism, which doesn’t profess to know whether there is or isn’t a deity. Instead, agnosticism argues that the limits of human reasoning and understanding make the existence of god(s), the origins of the universe, and the possibility of an afterlife all unknowable. Like atheism, the term emerged around the fifth century BCE and was contemplated with particular interest in Indian cultures. It gained more popular modern visibility when coined by English biologist Thomas Henry Huxley, who in 1869 recognized that incapacity of humans to truly answer questions regarding the divine. To Huxley, and the agnostic and athiest thinkers who followed, theistic or gnostic religions lack scientific basis, and therefore, should be rejected.

How the fvck is atheism a religion?
Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by TheSourcerer: 9:07am On Jun 25, 2020
hahn:

How the fvck is atheism a religion?
it's a belief
Topic clearly states .......... Other Religion and ......?
Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by hahn(m): 9:10am On Jun 25, 2020
TheSourcerer:
it's a belief
Topic clearly states .......... Other Religion and ......?

Atheism is a DISBELIEF is any god or deity. How can a disbelief in something be listed as a belief in the same thing.

Lol. You are yet to get the definition right

2 Likes

Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by iamoyindamola(m): 9:20am On Jun 25, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I'm a Free Thinking Atheist, good Morning ♥️
Good for you
Good morning
Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by TheSourcerer: 9:59am On Jun 25, 2020
hahn:

Atheism is a DISBELIEF is any god or deity. How can a disbelief in something be listed as a belief in the same thing.

you're right Hahn 100
Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by TheSourcerer: 10:02am On Jun 25, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Good for you
Good morning
Great for me , and how about you?

1 Like

Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by LordShiva97(m): 11:27am On Jun 25, 2020
hahn:

Atheism can be seen as the disbelief in gods and deities, it can equally be seen as the belief in the inexistence of gods and deities. Anyway you want to look at it.

1 Like

Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by TheSourcerer: 11:50am On Jun 25, 2020
LordShiva97:

Atheism can be seen as the disbelief in gods and deities, it can equally be seen as the belief in the inexistence of gods and deities. Anyway you want to look at it.

Atheism is also the believe in the non-belive of the existence of gods and dieties

Let's agree to disagree Hahn

1 Like

Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by fattprince(m): 7:56pm On Jun 25, 2020
hahn:

Did you coin your nickname "hahn" from the Whistler by John Grisham? I just finished reading the novel.

1 Like

Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by hahn(m): 8:22pm On Jun 25, 2020
fattprince:

Did you coin your nickname "hahn" from the Whistler by John Grisham? I just finished reading the novel.

No. My name is Onassis Hahn
Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by fattprince(m): 10:26pm On Jun 25, 2020
hahn:

No. My name is Onassis Hahn
Sounds totally foreign. Guess you not Nigerian. I concluded too soon. Sorry for that.

1 Like

Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by Image123(m): 12:00am On Jun 26, 2020
Palehair:

It depends on the education you are referring to. If people's primary reason why they wanna be educated is to make money, then I'm sorry for them.
The primary reason for education is to be enlightened, all other things are secondary. Hence the saying, let the study pass through you and not you to pass through the study.

It doesn't negate the FACT that education guarantees nothing.
Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by Image123(m): 12:03am On Jun 26, 2020
hahn:

Atheism is a religious position. Atheists BELIEVE that there's no God. No need running around semantics.
Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by Palehair: 12:24am On Jun 26, 2020
Image123:

It doesn't negate the FACT that education guarantees nothing.
Which education? Formal or informal? Because they are both paramount and it depends on the user and not the system
Re: Other Major Religions And Beliefs by Image123(m): 12:57am On Jun 26, 2020
Palehair:

Which education? Formal or informal? Because they are both paramount and it depends on the user and not the system

All education. Being well educated both formally or informally is not a guarantee of anything. That's life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unilorin Last Admission List Or What?/ / National Teachers Institute, NTI Admission Application Form For 2013/2014 Is On! / Happy Feast Day To All Students Of St. CHARLES' College Onitsha And SCOBAs!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.