Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports (14876 Views)

Senate Summons Hameed Ali Over Plan To Concession N3tn Revenue Collection / FG To Concession Sagamu-benin, Nine Other Expressways / FG To Concession 6 Hydro Power Generation Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by Kobicove(m): 6:36am On Jun 24, 2020
mamdanju:
What kind of people are these. Must you turn every development in the country to a theater of tribal and ethnic bigotry? Where is the bankable airport in the entire south East Region. Is the FGN not currently working on terminal infrastructure to give Enugu airport a boost? Why must a tiny region not up to Niger state be comparing itself with the whole north or even the south west?

Since you've decided to equate the 5 eastern states to Niger State alone let's look at facts...

According to National Bureau of Statistics in year 2017 Niger State generated total Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of #6.517 billion while the 5 eastern states have a combined IGR of #66.275 billion and an average of #13.255 billion!

It is therefore safe for us to conclude that Niger State is just big for nothing! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by manuelreports: 6:40am On Jun 24, 2020
mamdanju:
What kind of people are these. Must you turn every development in the country to a theater of tribal and ethnic bigotry? Where is the bankable airport in the entire south East Region. Is the FGN not currently working on terminal infrastructure to give Enugu airport a boost? Why must a tiny region not up to Niger state be comparing itself with the whole north or even the south west?
Are you insane?
I assure You something, this won't continue for long
The dire consequences of this evil action against Ndi Igbo will backfire. Igbos have survived all kinds of evil since 1970 today an average Igbo can ever beg to survive, we all know the region who are begging and are surviving mere presence of Igbos in their region. It is just matter of time the result go show.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by kevoh(m): 7:02am On Jun 24, 2020
Before you eediots turn the thread into tribal war. Those four airports mentioned are currently the only four properly functioning International airports in Nigeria. This is common knowledge if you are working with any of the agencies based at the airports. Technically, Abuja and Lagos are the only two airports. They are the only two that have been generating majority of airport revenue. Majority of our airports will pass for train stations in other countries or even worse. Some airports handle only one local flight per day not even international. Others are dead with offices used for farm storage and only come alive during the month of hajj and Jerusalem pilgrimage. They hardly generate any revenue.

Kano and Port Harcourt over time have their fair share of flight traffic. And also have the staff and equipment for proper airport operations.
Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by SmartPolician: 7:08am On Jun 24, 2020
janedonez:
Engr Chidi, why was No Eastern airport included in the concession plan. Are they not worthy to benefit from it. Igbos are their greatest enemy.
Wait, for those saying it's not in his power to include any airport he wants due to government unwritten policy against the East, I ask why is a professional if he can not convince the powers that be on what should be done. Even Rose another staff there would have advised him better. Anyway, let him continue what ever suits him.

Chibuike Amaechi has been the transportation minister for more than 5 years now and hasn't deemed it necessary to take key government infrastructures to his region.

As a governor, he expended billions of government funds constructing a monorail in Port Harcourt. One would have thought that he would take over the project and complete it as the minister of transportation. But he never did.

In addition to that, he threatened to seal off the maritime university in Delta State because he feels that the contractor looted a lot of money under the Jonathan administration.

Despite all this, you can never see his people or any other person from that region for that matter write some of this senseless comment I emboldened.

Long story short, everyone in government is trying to please the man at the center, and you should watch what you say about your own people in a public forum.
Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by Dpharisee: 7:15am On Jun 24, 2020
mamdanju:

How many people in Niger state travel in and out of Nigeria daily? The people in the East have a right to complain about exclusion. You must be an Ewedurian Muslim undecided
Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by Keemsleek005(m): 7:17am On Jun 24, 2020
COMPAQ:

Perhaps because Enugu airport has not operated sufficiently as an international airport to be bankable, compared to the other 4 that have had international status for over 30+ years.

However, having said that I would expect that if Enugu airport is further developed and also turned into a cargo hub for the Eastern market, the then it could be bankable for concession.

God bless you my brother, i dont why people just turn everything to tribalism, these 4 airports have been there all these while and when enugu airport is thru and it makes such progress then it will get to that stage.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by Goke7: 8:19am On Jun 24, 2020
chukel:
So many illiterates above. How many international airports does south East have? Only one. Is it even functional now? No. Means its not bankable. Why the stupid noise by most people above. Do they understand what concession is? I bet if the news said FG concessions only enugu international airport, they will still complain that FG is marginalizing igbos by selling the only airport we have.

no mind them, they don't know what concession means, many will loose their jobs as private companies take over, guess the govt is using the 4 airports now as a pilot before concessioning others. It's a welcome development for me as govt has no business running airports.

At end of the day, we may not even need more than 6 airports in Nigeria that will be viable, why running airports that can only operate at day time but not at night.
Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by Chukwudalord(f): 8:46am On Jun 24, 2020
agwom:

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/aviation-ministry-gets-icrc-approval-to-concession-four-airports-targets-241000-jobs.html
Some people may be worried over zonal issues based on politics, not everything is politics. There is an existing fact that those airports to be concessioner are the most functional airports in Nigeria. Please, let us look beyond being sentimental about issues unless we are going no where. This is a right step.

You can join BUTY GLOBAL research network on Join us on BUTY GLOBAL research network to get research tips and get solutions to your questions.

https:///KjrUOsGQiOx1w4qGRvsNAp
Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by abnot: 8:47am On Jun 24, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

All regions/ethnicities elite are greedy and selfish but the Igbo elite worse pass! They're so timid and naive and don't know how to fight their corner or reslise when they're being cheated!

It's clear the intentions of Buhari and Sirika are to hold AIIA down while they use 'one Nigeria' and their control of gov't at the centre to grab more benefits and opportunities for the airports in their regions! This is clear as daylight to everyone but the likes of Chidi Izuwa and the Igbo dumbfucks in the national assembly and gov't!

During the time of GEJ and Senator Stella in gov't, the four airports these bigots in gov't today are favouring were being treated equally and developed simultaneously with AIIA Enugu, and i'm sure Buhari and Sirika would have been seething with anger as this was against the post-war script of dealing with the 'nyamurees' and holding them and their region down while they steal unfair advantages over our heads!

The plan is to give Kano (and codedly, Kaduna) a headstart.....giving them the benefit of investor funds (this is in addition to the extra funds budgeted for the airport terminals at Kano, Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt while they ignored the one at Enugu) while keeping AIIA Enugu within the control of the federal gov't so they can continue to deny it funds and attention to see how far they can go in relegating it and destroying its viabilty and ability to compete with the other big four!

When people ask how Nigeria is cheating Ndigbo and being unfair towards us, this is just another example!

Ndigbo have survived the evil plans aimed at them since 1970, and will surely survive Buhari and his wickedness as well!

Oga they cannot concession all the airports at a go. Enugu airport records only one intl flight three to four time a week. They'd start with abuja and lagos. It will be a struggle to find investors for port harcourt airport. You are praising stella oduah yet it was under her regime Allen Onyeama was repeatedly denied an operator license. The same man got his business expand and blossom under hadi sirika's tenure. The east never unites to move forward but are quick to blame the north/fulani for its shortcomings. The enugu runway project she never thought of initiating as she was more interested in making personal gains.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by Chukwudalord(f): 8:49am On Jun 24, 2020
Goke7:

no mind them, they don't know what concession means, many will loose their jobs as private companies take over, guess the govt is using the 4 airports now as a pilot before concessioning others. It's a welcome development for me as govt has no business running airports.

At end of the day, we may not even need more than 6 airports in Nigeria that will be viable, why running airports that can only operate at day time but not at night.
This is not the pilot. MMA2 was concessioned in 2010, and the airport is highly rated till now. MMA2 remitted about 200 Million Naira monthly to FGN which most vibrant international cannot in 5 months.
Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by bigtt76(f): 8:53am On Jun 24, 2020
In the abroad, concession means improvement of infrastructure, service delivery and good maintenance culture

In Nigeria, concession means building more stores, collection of rents and tolls.... anything but improvement of infrastructure, service delivery and or maintenance culture.

undecided

agwom:

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/aviation-ministry-gets-icrc-approval-to-concession-four-airports-targets-241000-jobs.html
Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by Kinematics: 9:07am On Jun 24, 2020
proeast:

You need education and exposure, stop talking out of ignorance. AIIA Enugu is far more viable than your Kano airport that is mainly used for hajj pilgrimage.

To you, it is landmass that makes a place viable and not human resources. Ask yourself why the so-called tiny SE states are for more productive than your large wastelands. Congo is far larger than Rwanda but which one is more developed? Ignorance is a desease.

Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by ceejee(m): 9:44am On Jun 24, 2020
janedonez:
Engr Chidi, why was No Eastern airport included in the concession plan. Are they not worthy to benefit from it. Igbos are their greatest enemy.
Wait, for those saying it's not in his power to include any airport he wants due to government unwritten policy against the East, I ask why is a professional if he can not convince the powers that be on what should be done. Even Rose another staff there would have advised him better. Anyway, let him continue what ever suits him.

u are ignorant on how governance work in Nigeria. even a minister doesn't have absolute power to make such decisions let alone an agency under him. why do u thing every region wants to occupy Asorock? even if ur angry with igbo Elites, don't make a fool of urself. think we'll before u comment on public domain
Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by cryptotech: 9:50am On Jun 24, 2020
Princedapace:
The hatred for the Igbos is much and worse under this regime! It is crazy becus they still tax the igbos!

This is modern and technical slavery. They tax u and use ur money to to run FG projects for other regions and exclude u! Then when they still use ur tax to do a very little job for ur region, they expect u to worship them!

The current govt is the most bias in the entire history of Nigeria. Even the military wasnt this obvious. Na wa!

This man hired core Igbo haters..

This is why I told those Igbos who care to know! If u are doing well digitally, offer trainings to ur fellow igbos at a discounted price and increase ur price by 200 percent for non Igbos!

The idea of the Nigerian state is to suffocate u as an Igbo person. I dont blame the few igbos in power that much. If u have ever worked with FG u will understand how powerless u are! The fulanis run almost everything! If u fight them, they will mess u up..

And the fulanis love to rule over u! And they dont understand peace. The only way out is face them bone to bone!

Well, that is not possible for now as they have total control of the military. The way forward for the Igbos is collective interest. My biggest disappointment goes to those igbos who still dont believe in the collective hatred of the Igbos by the Nigeria govt!

All the Igbos ask for is fair treatment but No, the Nigeria govt over the years have refused that and it became worse under this regime!

The way forward is empowring the Igbos Digitally as the country doesnt have much control over digital assets! Then empowering ur fellow Igbo! If we are rich enough, we can run some of our projects by our selves. And most importantly, the Igbos need a voice in the international world who has crazy power to lobby!

To lobby in the international world cost a lot of money!

It is well. I want to assure the fulanis and the Nigeria govt that these things they are doing is why some of us are so excited when Nigeria bleed. When bad stuff hit Nigeria, we get excited becus the country has taught me to hate! The country didnt treat me fairly becus of my tribe and it got worse under this man!

My greatest happiness remains this: Nigeria is still a very hopeless country with ever rising number of population and low development! And that affects all the regions!

The north is already on fire and will never ever remain the same again! Terrorism is not a war u win easily!

So, I'm glad they are slaughtering them selves.
you are selfish, even duo I feel your plight, u later spoil the whole thing. without the west can the east survive, go check those that have the digital knowledge and infrastructure, you are saying the Igbo should increase by 200% their digital skill to non Igbo. if the west share little knowledge to u guys u will be feeling urself like fools.
Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by Princedapace(m): 9:55am On Jun 24, 2020
cryptotech:

you are selfish, even duo I feel your plight, u later spoil the whole thing. without the west can the east survive, go check those that have the digital knowledge and infrastructure, you are saying the Igbo should increase by 200% their digital skill to non Igbo. if the west share little knowledge to u guys u will be feeling urself like fools.

I dont understand bro! Why the name calling? I mean, u could have made ur points without calling anyone 'fool'

I already practice what i said. I offered free training to young Igbo kids of two. I selected the families. It is not a sin! It is just a way to help build our people since Nigeria has decided to deal with the Igbos.

So, u are also free to do same. At least u dont need tax payers money to do so.

My pain here is that Nigeria collects tax from the Igbos and abandon them when it is time for projects..

Nigeria will borrow money and waste it and use small portion to build projects in other regions and will not include the igbos but will still tax us. U said without yorubas, the Igbos cant survive! Lol, I dont have time for tribal dragging. This comment of mine is a plea to my Igbo brothers doing well in the digital space to ensure they help their fellow brothers. That is all!

I dont know why any one can not survive without another person. Lol, so yorubas can survive without the Igbos, the Igbos can survive without the yorubas. North can survive without us. Everyone can survive bro. So, ur comment was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by Princedapace(m): 9:57am On Jun 24, 2020
cryptotech:

I dont understand bro! Why the name calling? I mean, u could have made ur points without calling anyone 'fool'

I already practice what i said. I offered free training to young Igbo kids of two. I selected the families. It is not a sin! It is just a way to help build our people since Nigeria has decided to deal with the Igbos.

My pain here is that Nigeria collects tax from the Igbos and abandon them when it is time for projects..

Nigeria will borrow money and waste it and use small portion to build projects in other regions and will not include the igbos but will still tax us. U said without yorubas, the Igbos cant survive! Lol, I dont have time for tribal dragging. This comment of mine is a plea to my Igbo brothers doing well in the digital space to ensure they help their fellow brothers. That is all!

I dont know why any one can not survive without another person. Lol, so yorubas can survive without the Igbos, the Igbos can survive without the yorubas. North can survive without us. Everyone can survive bro. So, ur comment was wrong. Peace onto us all bro.

3 Likes

Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by cryptotech: 10:03am On Jun 24, 2020
chukel:
So many illiterates above. How many international airports does south East have? Only one. Is it even functional now? No. Means its not bankable. Why the stupid noise by most people above. Do they understand what concession is? I bet if the news said FG concessions only enugu international airport, they will still complain that FG is marginalizing igbos by selling the only airport we have.

Don't mind the fools, they think concession is a good thing, if it not manage very well it may fall to the wrong hand that only enrich their self.
Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by XANDERBOY85: 10:05am On Jun 24, 2020
chukel:
This is the height of ignorance. Sure you have never left onitsha

He's right! But for the kind of apparent and stealthy wicked machinations against AIIA that we're highlighting on this thread, AIIA would have been more viable than the airport in Kano!

Take the runway they're reconstructing at Enugu for instance; compare the way they went about it with how fast and efficiently they moved when they were fixing the one at Abuja a few years back! AIIA was closed without work starting for months while they claimed they were arranging things! The one of Abuja; a date was announced, money was set aside, and they got on with it on the day announced, with work even being completed before schedule!

The new termnal at Enugu was being built alongside and at the same pace as the other four! That is up until Buhari and Sirika appeared on the scene.....from then onwards the fortunes of AIIA, that hitherto was on the up-and-up, made an about turn and began heading south! You would have expected that given the time AIIA has been shut for the reconstruction of the runway, that they would have used the opportunity to finish the new terminal, but (last i heard) it's still been left as the empty shell it was when it was abandoned in 2015! Sirika got extra-budgetary funds to increase and improve on the scope of works at the new terminals at the other four airports while ignoring AIIA just as they're ignoring it now with the concession plans!

Now tell me what chance AIIA Enugu stands to compete on a equal footing with the airport in Kano when it's faced with ill-intentioned bigots like Buhari and his boy Sirika? Tell me!
Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by proeast(m): 10:05am On Jun 24, 2020
[quote author=Kinematics post=91009823][/quote]

I have seen your infographics, so are you for, or against the notion that AIIA Enugu should be among the elite international airports in Nigeria?

From the information above, you can see there is very little difference between Aminu Kano airport, Akanu Ibiam Airport and Sam Mbakwe Airport. When you also factor in that AIIA is often shut down under the guise of maintaining it which means a lot of traffic is diverted elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by Okoroawusa: 10:09am On Jun 24, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

All regions/ethnicities elite are greedy and selfish but the Igbo elite worse pass! They're so timid and naive and don't know how to fight their corner or reslise when they're being cheated!

It's clear the intentions of Buhari and Sirika are to hold AIIA down while they use 'one Nigeria' and their control of gov't at the centre to grab more benefits and opportunities for the airports in their regions! This is clear as daylight to everyone but the likes of Chidi Izuwa and the Igbo dumbfucks in the national assembly and gov't!

During the time of GEJ and Senator Stella in gov't, the four airports these bigots in gov't today are favouring were being treated equally and developed simultaneously with AIIA Enugu, and i'm sure Buhari and Sirika would have been seething with anger as this was against the post-war script of dealing with the 'nyamurees' and holding them and their region down while they steal unfair advantages over our heads!

The plan is to give Kano (and codedly, Kaduna) a headstart.....giving them the benefit of investor funds (this is in addition to the extra funds budgeted for the airport terminals at Kano, Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt while they ignored the one at Enugu) while keeping AIIA Enugu within the control of the federal gov't so they can continue to deny it funds and attention to see how far they can go in relegating it and destroying its viabilty and ability to compete with the other big four!

When people ask how Nigeria is cheating Ndigbo and being unfair towards us, this is just another example!

Ndigbo have survived the evil plans aimed at them since 1970, and will surely survive Buhari and his wickedness as well!
Your first paragraph is not aligning with the other paragraphs.
Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by cryptotech: 10:16am On Jun 24, 2020
Princedapace:

I dont know why any one can not survive without another person. Lol, so yorubas can survive without the Igbos, the Igbos can survive without the yorubas. North can survive without us. Everyone can survive bro. So, ur comment was wrong. Peace onto us all bro.

the south east gov, should do more for their people, two state in the south east are part of nddc, they receive local govt allocation.. etc, what are they using all this money for, the blame game won't help the Igbo, the north or west is not your problem, your selfish leaders are part of the problem, you guys should look inward and solve your problem.
Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by Kinematics: 10:31am On Jun 24, 2020
proeast:

I have seen your infographics, so are you for, or against the notion that AIIA Enugu should be among the elite international airports in Nigeria?

From the information above, you can see there is very little difference between Aminu Kano airport, Akanu Ibiam Airport and Sam Mbakwe Airport. When you also factor in that AIIA is often shut down under the guise of maintaining it which means a lot of traffic is diverted elsewhere.

None is viable so none meet the criteria. For me both should be scrapped.
Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by Princedapace(m): 10:35am On Jun 24, 2020
cryptotech:

the south east gov, should do more for their people, two state in the south east are part of nddc, they receive local govt allocation.. etc, what are they using all this money for, the blame game won't help the Igbo, the north or west is not your problem, your selfish leaders are part of the problem, you guys should look inward and solve your problem.

Oga, we are talking about FG projects! I dont know what else u are talking about!

South east is not worse region in Nigeria! No Nigerian region is anything good.. from east to west to north to south south, okay. If u have been outside the country, u will understand better!

I am talking about FG projects. FG cant be taking taxes from east and still dont do projects for them. That is the core point..

Dont sound like u have the best leaders in ur regions..

All regions in Nigeria still dont have stable electricity, still dont have health facilities that can treat ur politicians that is why they all fly abroad, no region enjoys water supply, we all dig borehole bro, all regions are hit by unemployment no wonder internet fraud is rampant in the entire west, east and south south, no wonder north is bleeding of insecurity! All the regions still lack road structures. Na still suffering and smiling the entire regions are doing!

So, u sounded like other regions in Nigeria are already like Dubai grin

If it is leadership problem, it is a national thing okay, I travel a lot bro! So, I sabi as e dey be!

My point for this comment is FG taking loans which south easterners will still pay and they will not deliver in that region.

3 Likes

Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by livebyday(m): 10:50am On Jun 24, 2020
[s]
janedonez:
[/s]

Stop spreading your filthy hatred it may lead to your demise
Port Harcourt airport serves those in the south east well too ,
It's less than 2 hrs from Anambra , imo ,Enugu and ebonyi

It's ,45 minutes from Abia

Hatred will kill you and take you nowhere

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Aviation Ministry Gets ICRC Approval To Concession Four Airports by cryptotech: 11:50am On Jun 24, 2020
Princedapace:

Oga, we are talking about FG projects! I dont know what else u are talking about!

South east is not worse region in Nigeria! No Nigerian region is anything good.. from east to west to north to south south, okay. If u have been outside the country, u will understand better!

I am talking about FG projects. FG cant be taking taxes from east and still dont do projects for them. That is the core point..

Dont sound like u have the best leaders in ur regions..

All regions in Nigeria still dont have stable electricity, still dont have health facilities that can treat ur politicians that is why they all fly abroad, no region enjoys water supply, we all dig borehole bro, all regions are hit by unemployment no wonder internet fraud is rampant in the entire west, east and south south, no wonder north is bleeding of insecurity! All the regions still lack road structures. Na still suffering and smiling the entire regions are doing!

So, u sounded like other regions in Nigeria are already like Dubai grin

If it is leadership problem, it is a national thing okay, I travel a lot bro! So, I sabi as e dey be!

My point for this comment is FG taking loans which south easterners will still pay and they will not deliver in that region.

Scamming is a world wide thing, is not only a Nigerian thing, everything about Nigeria is not bad, we still have some good things here..that others are envious of.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes / El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo / President Yayi Of Republic Of Benin Showers Praises On President Jonathan -photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.