Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Why Do Traders Refuse To Refund After Returning Faulty Goods? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Do Traders Refuse To Refund After Returning Faulty Goods? (361 Views)

Please Help, He Has Refused To Refund My Money / Inflation, Why Do Traders Do These Things? / Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Traders Refuse To Refund After Returning Faulty Goods? by legionISproteus: 7:09am On Jun 24, 2020
Why do traders refuse to refund after returning faulty goods?

This is for non-perishable goods for example, computer and phone accessories. Let's say you purchased a laptop charger WITH CASH, tested it and the charging indicator comes up, but you get home only to realise it doesn't charge properly i.e. takes unusually long to charge or starts discharging your battery while plugged in. You return to the store almost immediately (or the next day) and complain, but they don't have a replacement for you. The moment you ask for your money back, it becomes a problem.

This is a typical scenario lots of people face everyday so my question is, why is it difficult to return a customer's money for selling faulty goods?
Re: Why Do Traders Refuse To Refund After Returning Faulty Goods? by DrNueLpureHoney: 7:20am On Jun 24, 2020
Chairman,

When it comes to electrical gadgets..mini business Sellers hardly take it back because the buyer might have exposed the Gadget to a voltage way higher than the stipulated one required but some Max sellers will collect it back if they do import directly from companies because as a distributor,the company can still change it for him or her.

Hope you understand what I mean by *Mini* and * Max* sellers ?

But if it's via company (showroom) ,they will test-run it again and if the gadget/appliance have not exceeded the warranty/guarantee duration....They will do some touches on it and give it back to you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Traders Refuse To Refund After Returning Faulty Goods? by GMBuhari: 7:26am On Jun 24, 2020
Because everything is messed up in Nigeria, greed and wickedness

Oh and there's no strict buyer protection policy, even your so called warranty on products hardly works and when it does the wait alone is frustrating

Again, everything's messed up

(1) (Reply)

Pondei Fainted / Earn Free Bitcoin Using This Method / Opinions Needed: Do Banks Ever Contact One's Next Of Kin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.