Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

China’ll Cancel Some African Countries’ Debts, Says Envoy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / China’ll Cancel Some African Countries’ Debts, Says Envoy (265 Views)

See How Much Nigeria Owes In Bilateral Debts / Some African Countries Currencies (pictures) / Nigeria Export To Denmark Rises By 157 % In 2018, Says Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China’ll Cancel Some African Countries’ Debts, Says Envoy by bowagateglobal: 10:20am On Jun 24, 2020
China has said it will cancel the debt of relevant African countries in the form of interest-free government loans that are due to mature by the end of 2020.

China’s Consul General in Lagos, Chu Maoming, who disclosed this in an article made available to our correspondent on Monday, said the plan was announced by the Chinese President, Xi Jinping, during the recent Extraordinary China-Africa Summit on Solidarity Against COVID-19 in Beijing.

The envoy quoted President Xi as saying at the summit that China would work with the global community to give greater support to “those African countries that are hardest hit by the coronavirus and are under heavy financial stress”.

The support would include a further extension of the period of debt suspension to help tide them over the current difficulty.

Nigeria is one of the African countries indebted to China but it is not clear if the country will benefit from the debt cancellation.

The country’s total borrowing from China stood at $3.12bn (N1.13tn) as of March 31, 2020, the Debt Management Office said last week.

The DMO said the amount represented 3.94 per cent of Nigeria’s total public debt of $79.30bn (N28.63tn) as of March 31, adding that it accounted for 11.28 per cent of the country’s external debt stock of $27.67bn.

Maoming said the President stressed the need for China and Africa to stay committed to fighting COVID-19 together, enhancing China-Africa cooperation, upholding multilateralism, and taking China-Africa friendship forward.

Source: https://punchng.com/chinall-cancel-some-african-countries-debts-says-envoy/

Read Also: Simple Way to Calculate Customs Duty Charge in Nigeria
https://bowagateglobal.com/2020/05/14/calculate-customs-duty-charge/

Re: China’ll Cancel Some African Countries’ Debts, Says Envoy by ambitiousLord(m): 10:52am On Jun 24, 2020
V
Re: China’ll Cancel Some African Countries’ Debts, Says Envoy by igbesachick: 11:23am On Jun 24, 2020
chinese are stupid. cancel loan debt = giving money to africa for free.
Re: China’ll Cancel Some African Countries’ Debts, Says Envoy by shaggy007(m): 11:40am On Jun 24, 2020
igbesachick:
chinese are stupid. cancel loan debt = giving money to africa for free.

Did you bother reading the short article?
Re: China’ll Cancel Some African Countries’ Debts, Says Envoy by igbesachick: 11:42am On Jun 24, 2020
shaggy007:

i have read it. my conclusion is, chinese are stupid. are you shocked by my sarcasm?
Re: China’ll Cancel Some African Countries’ Debts, Says Envoy by igbesachick: 11:44am On Jun 24, 2020
shaggy007:

i lend money to you. later i say, you dont need to pay. that means, i give u money for free! and you can use that money to buy whatever you like from my shop . see? chinese stupid
Re: China’ll Cancel Some African Countries’ Debts, Says Envoy by shaggy007(m): 11:54am On Jun 24, 2020
igbesachick:

i lend money to you. later i say, you dont need to pay. that means, i give u money for free! and you can use that money to buy whatever you like from my shop . see? chinese stupid

Now, going by your logic, this is what the writeup says : "I give you money, the money starts generating interest after a period of time. But, don't bother about the interest again. Just give me back the money I gave you"

So, you did not read the very short article.
Re: China’ll Cancel Some African Countries’ Debts, Says Envoy by igbesachick: 12:03pm On Jun 24, 2020
shaggy007:

Now, going by your logic, this is what the writeup says : "I give you money, the money starts generating interest after a period of time. But, don't bother about the interest again. Just give me back the money I gave you"

So, you did not read the very short article.

ok, hahah

(1) (Reply)

Ebay Gift Card Direct Loader / How To Grow Small Businesses / Top 20 Saas Startups, That Change The World In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.