Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Controversy As Black American Makes Rasist Post About Africans.. Africans React - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Controversy As Black American Makes Rasist Post About Africans.. Africans React (346 Views)

YORUBA MUSLIMS WHY ARE WE FOLLOWING SAUDI ARABIA,THEY ARE RASIST ASWEL / Black American Makes Racist Post About Africans / Controversy As Union Opposed Concession Of Abuja And Lagos Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Controversy As Black American Makes Rasist Post About Africans.. Africans React by DwiseBoi(m): 1:44pm On Jun 24, 2020
Follow

[Disheartened �], This would have been annoying � if it was a white doing it, now it gets more annoying when a black man does it to a fellow black race..

Seeing African Americans being racist towards africans is far worse than seeing other races being racist towards black people. how are we fighting for change and fighting ourselves at the same time? how can you expect change when you can’t even treat your own skin as your equals?

The Gist in details:-
As I was scrolling through my Timeline on Twitter, I stumbled upon a Trend (#Black American), it was trending as No 1

I quickly checked it thinking it would be progresses about the #Black lives matter project but my thoughts were wrong when I saw the reason behind the Trending..

A Black American by name, Its Mir Freestyle,

took to Twitter, one of the popular social media platform to post a Tweet which many Users were against and seen as a Rasist post Against Africans..

The Post by Its Mir Freestyle says:

"I'm not about to argue with an African that WIFI gone be off soon"

He wrote it replying to one user, Chivo who was arguing with him..

The Tweet that got pple talking �

The Tweet triggered criticism from various angles, many users fired back at him angrily and harshly

Below are the responses from Africa Twitter user:-
The Chivo guy's response

One user, Lil curvy wrote" And am not gonna argue with a Black American that probably not gonna see the end of tommorow"

Much of the comments below were made indirectly referring to the way George Flord died, that the guy might witness the same..

Read the comments;

User Dwise wrote: "An average Black American thinks Africans live in the past (mud houses, using local means of communication)

I ain't gonna argue with a Black American who's neck might be kneeled upon in the near future"

others saying that some black Americans thinks Africans still live in the past

Here are some of the angered users comments, they attacked the Black American guy under his post:-

Some saying, " At least No WiFi is better than No Life" with regards to George Floryd

One Ziko Alejandro wrote: " Call me in 2 years time when u become a hashtag" (like George Floryd was)

User Diamond Moore wrote: " Hope Kanye West won't Donate 2 million dollars when u gone"

User @Danny_Walter can't help it but imagining How a Black skinned American should be a racist to an African, Azin his fellow black race

User Dayo-sama labeled the Tweet as a Foolish statement..

Another user, Ehi Obehi, replied telling the poster that at least the Africans are in there mother land where they know their roots meanwhile, they the Black Americans are trapped in a foreign land not knowing there root..

User @dehkunle replied by telling the poster that he just subscription a day dragging plan as the tweet won't end well.

Another user, Big Poppa reminded the poster that It's still better for Africans to have no WiFi than for the Black Americans whom their life's depend on the mood of the police officers

Some users kept reminding him that the police might be knocking on his door soon

User @Vikteneus posted a picture of the Black Americans ancestors' who were turned slaves just for the Free WiFi access for their Children, saying their Fore father's efforts were in vain

User Tex wrote:- " It's pointless arguing with someone who's about to lose respiratory capabilities" relating to George Floryd

One User, Fluffyakara, felt it wasn't nice joking about him relating to police brutality and George Floryd's murder

Some user were bent hearted, urging Africans to stop using the #BlacklivesMatter hashtag and start using #BlackAmericanLivesMatter as the Black Americans felt that there lives are the only one that matter

One user, K_H, still assured Africans that Black lives matter no matter was the Black Americans think of it..

One user, Professional begged, stated that the Africans lives don't really matter to Black Americans, that the #Blacklivesmatter trend is just for them not Africans

User BDM | Blogger asked the Black Americans why they claim to be Africans only to sell their markets and later claim the are Black American, a greater version of Africa

Others replies to the Tweet:-

Other users think that the Black Americans don't hate Oppression but don't like being the ones oppression and if given opportunity, they would take racism to Africans

A user YBNL claimed he actually liked the way the Africans reacted to the Controversy

User Name, Stated he can't join in the attacking of the Black Americans as he has lost some of his accounts due to doing so

A user Duke of my thoughts, Post a picture with a caption: " How a Black American sees an African vs How a White Racist sees a Black American..

The picture is so true

This Controversy is the one you would never expect ..

The question is, Will Rasism ever get eradicated with such issues still in line?

Link to the Controversial tweet:- https://twitter.com/itsmirfreestyle/status/1275240390459875330?s=19

Follow and share my article for more gists like this

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Black American Makes Rasist Post About Africans.. Africans React by thesicilian: 1:46pm On Jun 24, 2020
The problem of black people is black people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Controversy As Black American Makes Rasist Post About Africans.. Africans React by DwiseBoi(m): 1:53pm On Jun 24, 2020
thesicilian:

Swrs, the likes of Black Americans, some of them think they are superior to Africans..
Re: Controversy As Black American Makes Rasist Post About Africans.. Africans React by Shaprara: 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2020
thesicilian:

Being over sensitive to mere satire is one problem the black race have. Everything is looked through the lens of victimhood and racism and oppression.

I see nothing wrong in his subtle dig
Re: Controversy As Black American Makes Rasist Post About Africans.. Africans React by thesicilian: 2:01pm On Jun 24, 2020
Shaprara:

Being over sensitive to mere satire is one problem the black race have. Everything is looked through the lens of victimhood and racism and oppression.

I see nothing wrong in his subtle dig
There's a time and place for everything. When you're alone with your friends for example, you can call them "nigga" if you like and they'll probably just laugh over it and call you something worse. But the moment you start doing that in public, what right do you then have to cry out when outsiders use the same terms on you?

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Graphics Designing Course Free❗❗ / Coffin Confiscated, Corpse Thrown On The Floor During Burial Due To Debt Owed / I Was A Rich Big Boy Bt SARS Encounter With Me & My Brother Took Me Into Poverty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.