Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

What Is The Best Solar Battery For Solar Storage Bank? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Is The Best Solar Battery For Solar Storage Bank? (831 Views)

1344wh Lifepo4 Solar Battery With 1.5kva Hybrid Inverter / How Much Should I Budget For Solar Inverter / Materials Needed For Solar-inverter Installations: Making Renewable Do-able. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Solar Battery For Solar Storage Bank? by NAIHCOTECH1996(m): 2:34pm On Jun 24, 2020
Choosing the best solar storage battery often proves difficult because so many batteries vary in their energy efficiencies, storage capabilities, and effectiveness. Also, the cost of installation, durability, and storage space are other things we always try to find out before getting a solar battery.

READ THE FULL ARTICLE AT https://www.naihcotech.com/solar-storage-battery/

Can any machine function properly without its powerhouse? The solar battery is as important as your phone battery. Getting a wonderful solar system without a complementary strong solar storage battery that will store your energy will really frustrate you.

This means that the first thing you should really consider while getting a solar system, especially when you are off-grid is a good solar storage battery. You need it to store all those excess energies when they are not in use. So the discussion here is not if you need a solar battery, but then the best one to choose for your solar system.

When you get to the market, you will find a long list of solar batteries, so you might get confused about the particular one to choose from. But this article will help put you through on the different types of solar storage batteries available and how to make the best choice.

DIFFERENT TYPES OF SOLAR BATTERY
Before I proceed, I will like to show you the different types of solar storage batteries available for solar storage battery system, this will help you know exactly which solar battery that’s best for you. And don’t hesitate to tell us the one that interests you more, so we can get that for you or recommend a reputable vendor to get the best solar battery from.

1. FLOODED LEAD-ACID BATTERY
This has been one of the most commonly used solar storage batteries, especially for people using the off-grid system.
The benefits associated with this type are:
• Have an upfront cost.
• Very safe to use
• Much reliable.

The disadvantages that can come with them include
• They are usually very large and take up a lot of space.
• Flooded lead-acid is also corrosive, that is to say, that if not placed in a well-ventilated area, they might rust.
• This type of battery needs a lot of maintenance and monitoring. This is because they need to be kept in a well-ventilated area and must always be kept in an upright position to avoid spillage.

Now if you can deal with the regular maintenance and these few disadvantages, then this is a wonderful option for you. But then let’s look at AGM batteries.

2. ABSORBENT GLASS MAT(AGM)
This is also known as sealed lead-acid batteries, because they are a type of lead-acid batteries, just that their electrolytes are absorbed into a glass mat.

The benefits of this type of battery include
• They have lower internal resistance when compared to flood acid batteries.
• They have a better adaptation to temperature.
• The discharge rate is not as slow as other battery types.
• They hold static charges for a long time.
• AGM is very lightweight which makes them very good for a solar storage battery systems.
• They don’t heat up.
• AGM batteries are not hazardous.
The disadvantage that comes with this is just that the cost is high.

3. GEL BATTERY
This type of battery has a drawback when compared to other types of battery. With fumed silica, electrolytes of gel battery thicken up and this makes them sturdier.

Advantages associated with this type of battery include:
o They don’t require much maintenance.
o They are very much durable.
o They have an excellent life cycle.
o They are resistant to shock.
o The charging profiles are narrow, and they are not easily damaged by overcharging.
The disadvantage of this battery is that:
o The amp-hour capacity is not the greatest
o They are quite expensive.

4. LITHIUM-ION BATTERY
When it comes to the best types of battery for a solar storage system, lithium-ion is up there.
The benefits associated with this include:

o They have a lightweight battery, with great capacity and life cycle.
o Lithium-ion batteries are highly efficient.
o These batteries are very stable and safe.
o They don’t require regular maintenance.

Having given you the different types of solar storage batteries, I think its best if we answer a few common questions. Questions like Which solar batteries last longest? How long do solar batteries last? these questions are mostly from our customers and the general public as well based on Google suggested questions.

I won’t go into details here because I have explained some of these questions in my previous post ” what is solar storage bank? “

READ MORE ABOUT SOLAR STORAGE BATTERY AT NAIHCOTECH.COM https://www.naihcotech.com/solar-storage-battery/

(1) (Reply)

Live Me Recharge – How To Recharge Your Liveme Account / Goede Nieuws ! / One Polarization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.