Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

'Tear Them Down': BLM Activist Demands 'White European' Jesus Statues Be Removed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'Tear Them Down': BLM Activist Demands 'White European' Jesus Statues Be Removed (446 Views)

Your Easter Message Provocative, CAN Demands Apology From FIRS / Do These Statues At The Notre Dame Cathedral Show That It's a Satanic Building? / Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'Tear Them Down': BLM Activist Demands 'White European' Jesus Statues Be Removed by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:36pm On Jun 24, 2020
‘Tear Them Down’: Black Lives Matter Activist Shaun King Demands ‘White European’ Jesus Statues Be Removed
June 22, 2020 Admin
by Peter Hasson

Black Lives Matter activist Shaun King called Monday for the removal of statues, murals and stained glass windows that depict Jesus as a “white European,” which he claimed “are a form of white supremacy.”

“Yes, I think the statues of the white European they claim is Jesus should also come down,” King, a former surrogate on Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’s 2020 presidential campaign, wrote on Twitter. “They are a form of white supremacy. Always have been.”

King’s targeting of religious artwork comes as various activist groups have moved beyond tearing down Confederate statues and are now calling for the removal of other historical monuments.

“In the Bible, when the family of Jesus wanted to hide, and blend in, guess where they went?” he added. “EGYPT! Not Denmark. Tear them down.”

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11894885_capturewhitejesusremoval_png97ddb94953aadb3960c5ac2d0c6144d5

“All murals and stained glass windows of white Jesus, and his European mother, and their white friends should also come down,” King wrote in a second tweet. “They are a gross form of white supremacy.”

A spokesperson for King didn’t immediately return a request for additional comment.

Source

1 Share

Re: 'Tear Them Down': BLM Activist Demands 'White European' Jesus Statues Be Removed by Stephenomozzy(m): 5:53pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hmmm.... Alot of persons are going about this whole racism thing the wrong way.

Are we to now choose equality in the complexion of a statue of Jesus that's not even biblical nor a true image of Christ?

Some things like religion have been etched too deep that it is a tradition... There should be nothing about racial supremacy in interpreting them

1 Like

Re: 'Tear Them Down': BLM Activist Demands 'White European' Jesus Statues Be Removed by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:00pm On Jul 09, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

Hmmm.... Alot of persons are going about this whole racism thing the wrong way.

Are we to now choose equality in the complexion of a statue of Jesus that's not even biblical nor a true image of Christ?

Some things like religion have been etched too deep that it is a tradition... There should be nothing about racial supremacy in interpreting them

Good point. cool

(1) (Reply)

The Eligibility Issue. / How Can I Know I Am Saved? Or Born Again? / Summary Of What Leads To My Conversion From Islam To Christianity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.