Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Oppression By An Elder - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oppression By An Elder (175 Views)

Man Beats His Elder Brother’s Wife Mercilessly In Abia State. Photos / Man Strips Unclad To Resist Police Oppression In Edo / Church Elder Kills His Wife In Akwa Ibom, Throws Body Parts Into Dust Bin (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oppression By An Elder by Abozky(m): 8:14pm On Jun 24, 2020
Good evening, its my first time posting here,I need your opinions and advice....Thanks
Something always bothers me,the rate at which elders are always right even when they are glaringly wrong annoys me.I may be young but to those I am older than,I try my best to give them their due respect and expect same in return.I am a young man in my twenties that was gravely offended by an elderly man in his fifties,I know its my word against his but the whole situation annoys me to the core that we still subscribe to our elders are always right in every instances. This elder in question is a tricycle driver which i boarded his tricycle three weeks ago,we agreed on the sum of four hundred naira as fare to my destination.On the way going,he made a wrong turn and i immediately told him that sir,you took a wrong direction.This man started insulting me and even increased the agreed fare to which I still agreed to.He wasn't satisfied, before we got to my destination, he laid curses on me and my family, wishing death upon my parents to which i rejected and replied God forbid.Upon arrival at my destination, I insisted that he take back all the hurtful things he said to me and that brought an exchange of words and more insults from him,he termed me a criminal and promised to deal with me.My mum was present and she paid him the sum of 500 naira for the transport and pleaded with him to have mercy,that I was just a boy.Fast forward to today, this man not satisfied with the events of three weeks ago,came with police and a petition saying i,my mum and my gang of cultists beat him up,stole his phone (an infinix techno phone.....I wonder who makes such o) and the sum of 35k and that he escaped by God's grace from me.I was arrested and made to grovel,saying even if an elder offends me,I can't do anything about it,I had to bail myself and my mum and pay for damages and settlement else i end in jail.I am no criminal and not a cultist....I am just a young man doing menial jobs just to make ends meet.Like i said earlier, its my word against his but is it OK for an elder to act this way,must all young ones keep shut even if the elders are at fault,Can't a young man speak for himself anymore,are elders always right......please I need opinions and advice to guide my conducts from now on....Today was just so horrible for me.....sorry for the lengthy writeup.....thanks.
Re: Oppression By An Elder by Nebes: 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2020
If your story is true, just know that the issue you had was not with an elder.
You encountered a terribly wicked spirit in human form. You need to go very close to God or else you will always experience such oppression in diverse settings.
Re: Oppression By An Elder by Abozky(m): 8:52pm On Jun 24, 2020
Thanks..... Its the truth..... I am still reeling from the slaps i received from police
Re: Oppression By An Elder by donbachi(m): 9:02pm On Jun 24, 2020
Frustration don feature wickedness for dat man life...the man fit be old armed robber wey no make am for life...him still dey exhibit am,but someday,somewhere him go jam him kind.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Lockdown Turned Me Into Yahoo-yahoo / 2 Traffic Robbers Nabbed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Why We Cannot Expose Boko Haram Sponsors – Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.