Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Album Review: Kelvin Boj – Man On A Mission - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Album Review: Kelvin Boj – Man On A Mission (142 Views)

Ajebutter 22, BOJ & Falz – Too Many Women (now Out) / EP: Ajebutter22 & BOJ – Make E No Cause Fight / {download Mp3} "For Sure" By BOJ Ft Simi, An Uncommon Hit Banger Enjoy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Album Review: Kelvin Boj – Man On A Mission by ewondertv(m): 9:26am On Jun 25, 2020
Since changing his name from Laylow to Kelvin Boj, he hasn’t put out enough content to make his new name known. But with this fifteen track album, Kelvin Boj looks set to take the Industry in awesome.

This album has a lot of featured act from Nigeria A-list to International artists and producers, Skiibii, young mal, Dej loaf, Spellz, Gucci mane, Lil kesh, and Zaytoven are all the names on the album as featured artists.
Before he moved to Atlanta Georgia he produced some hit single for the late Dagrin, the CEO himself (Chief executive Omoita).

Boj’s album “Man on Mission” can be defined as a mixed genre album where you have Afrobeat, Trap, afro-fusion, and the Hippop sound; Kelvin sounded different, unlike when was known as “Laylow” and seemed very matured on these songs.

The first track “intro of man on a mission”, is the first track from the album with a lot of afro-fusion in it, it a modern kind of afrobeat now called afro-fusion it a mixture of different drums and sound.. the introduction on the sounded like a Dbanj kind of song, but Boj delivered an absolute masterpiece on the beat and made it his own.

Party is the second song on the album which was produced by one of Americans top producers Zaytoven. Party sounded more like a Trap song but Boj came in with a very very good vibe and made the sound unique.
With his cracky voice, Party is one of the best song on the album. The third track almost followed the same route but has a salsa favour in it, and it was produced by Spellz, one of Nigeria’s heavyweight producer. Kangaroo is well produced.

Whip-up is the fourth track on the album where he features Gucci mane. This song is a typical hip-pop song and Boj really did justice to the chorus & his verse. He didn’t fail to deliver up to standard, and Gucci mane added the flavour of American of hip-pop to it.
Looku looku is a word in Nigeria to quality jealous people, looku looku is the fifth track on the album, which was self-produced by BOJ. He did a wonderful job on the production and voicing generally his lyrical component defines what the title quote.

The best track on the album is mama where he featured Skiibii. The song is just the fusion of Zanku, baba Fela style. Mama is number six on the album track-list, but this is referred to as Afro-pop by writers. This kind of song has been attributed to Wizkid and Joeboy most recently, Skiibii was really an elite of the trade here, and he made it look very easy to sing….(lol).

Also, Boj came with a very catchy hook and verse that is easy to remember and very memorized. Bad could have been a very good track but lacks some element that is excepted from a big name like Kelvin Boj.

I won’t be discussing the whole album but just the very important song so the next song is the one he features Young Mal. Floss is a trap song where Boj excels with a good hook.

Young Mal wasn’t too good with the lyrics on this particular song he was sounding more like an upcoming artist and I personally was disappointed with his delivery on the song.

There some tracks on the album that should have been left out of the album, the plug, my ride or die, and higher higher should have been left out of the album these tracks are not qualified to be on the album.

Kiss me kiss me is a perfect love song that can turn on a woman and make her fall in love again with his man. The song has top-notch lyrics with good lyrics and arrangements.

Mukulu mukeke is a song that helps kelvin Boj proposes a relationship to her woman, and the word Mukulu mukeke meaning “enjoyment” in Yoruba language. Boj wants to make her come to enjoy his wealth and life with him.

Final thoughts,
Kelvin gives a good account of his versatility in this album “man on a mission,”. However, he was exposed in some of his tracks. This is because the album was too long and did need that much song to make an album.

Rating…
I will be rating the album over 10

In general, I am scoring the album 8/10. The album is “Very Good” and worth buying.

https://ewondertv.com/2020/06/ew-album-review-kelvin-boj-man-on-a-mission/

(1) (Reply)

Osundigitalradio: Motivational Quote On The Motivational Music Hour / Read Moneybagg Yo - Said Sum Lyrics / Video Of Reekado Bank Year 2020 Live Performance At A Lagos Event.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.