Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,519 members, 7,958,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:37 PM

Infinix S5 Pro Tear Down:true 48MP Or Not... - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix S5 Pro Tear Down:true 48MP Or Not... (2229 Views)

Redmi Note 10 Pro Tear Down: I Never Expected It... / This Is The Infinix S5 — What Do You Think? + Camera Samples / Tecno Camon 12 Vs Camon 11 Pro Tear Down: What's Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix S5 Pro Tear Down:true 48MP Or Not... by KrazyDave16(m): 6:30pm On Jun 27, 2020
atheistandproud:

Shey we said it since.

Pixel binning people should come and explain how 48mp can be binned to 13mp.

As in ehn, gsmarena even said the 48mp shots are bayered which few understand.
Though whoever reviewed this didn't do a good job.

Re: Infinix S5 Pro Tear Down:true 48MP Or Not... by Babanhajiya(m): 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2020
So a 13mp camera is sold to the public as 48mp by infinix, meaning their 13mp camera could actually be a 5mp.

1 Like

Re: Infinix S5 Pro Tear Down:true 48MP Or Not... by atheistandproud(m): 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
Babanhajiya:
So a 13mp camera is sold to the public as 48mp by infinix, meaning their 13mp camera could actually be a 5mp.

Mad ooooooooooooh cheesy
Re: Infinix S5 Pro Tear Down:true 48MP Or Not... by Chuksteric(m): 7:19pm On Jun 28, 2020
atheistandproud:

Mad ooooooooooooh cheesy
grin
Re: Infinix S5 Pro Tear Down:true 48MP Or Not... by Edopesin: 9:52am On Jun 29, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:
Edoairw..ays, Edop..esin, Wrait..h090... Come see.
I am yet to watch this video, I posted it on nairaland yesterday. I have it on my twitter account. But I am yet to watch it. Please tell me what is in the video when you do watch it... Please.

I don't agree with his assertion that the processor cannot take a 48mp but that camera looks like 13mp

Sony has 12mp camera's like that but I'm not convinced

1 Like

Re: Infinix S5 Pro Tear Down:true 48MP Or Not... by ZesusHVWritter(m): 11:20am On Jun 29, 2020
Edopesin:

I don't agree with his assertion that the processor cannot take a 48mp but that camera looks like 13mp

Sony has 12mp camera's like that but I'm not convinced
Whose assertion?
Tech_OverWatch?
This is not an assertion, it's the obvious technicality surrounding the mtkp35 and its capabilites.
For the mtkp35 to support a 48mp camera, the phone would need a different image processing unit, a separate gpu. In a simple phrase, the imaging department of the phone will need a different chipset. Do you believe Transission will use two different chipset on a single device?

This practical has nothing to do with you agreeing or disagreeing.
This is the truth as published by mediatek, verified by smartphone manufacturers, tech-persons and smartphone core users.

If you don't agree, post your own facts substantiating your claims.
This is not a theology or religion class. This a tech matter with details concerning it available on the web online and devices offline.

The person who torn the infinix s5 pro, practically showed the sensor to viewers.
It's nothing from Samsung or Sony. It's just a generic image lens with no capabilites or distinguished function embedded in it.
This is the truth.

Saying you disagree is just one plain word. You want to disagree and have a point?
Then like I have done for the last few months. Show me proof of a device powered by mtkp35 using a 48mp camera pixel or 64mp camera pixel.
And no, like I have told you before, pixel binning doesn't cut the slack.
If you put a 48mp binned sensor from Samsung on an mtkp35 chipset, the imaging will continue to fail leaving a blackspot each snap.

If you try the more advanced sony image sensor, the who camera frame work will collapse and result in a complete system fail needing a full panel change everytime you try to take a picture.

These are the reasons why I know any device with mtkp35 won't function camera wise with a 48mp binned sensor.

11 Likes

Re: Infinix S5 Pro Tear Down:true 48MP Or Not... by Edopesin: 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

Whose assertion?
Tech_OverWatch?
This is not an assertion, it's the obvious technicality surrounding the mtkp35 and its capabilites.
For the mtkp35 to support a 48mp camera, the phone would need a different image processing unit, a separate gpu. In a simple phrase, the imaging department of the phone will need a different chipset. Do you believe Transission will use two different chipset on a single device?

This practical has nothing to do with you agreeing or disagreeing.
This is the truth as published by mediatek, verified by smartphone manufacturers, tech-persons and smartphone core users.

If you don't agree, post your own facts substantiating your claims.
This is not a theology or religion class. This a tech matter with details concerning it available on the web online and devices offline.

The person who torn the infinix s5 pro, practically showed the sensor to viewers.
It's nothing from Samsung or Sony. It's just a generic image lens with no capabilites or distinguished function embedded in it.
This is the truth.

Saying you disagree is just one plain word. You want to disagree and have a point?
Then like I have done for the last few months. Show me proof of a device powered by mtkp35 using a 48mp camera pixel or 64mp camera pixel.
If you put a 48mp binned sensor from Samsung on an mtkp35 chipset, the imaging will continue to fail leaving a blackspot each snap.

If you try the more advanced sony image sensor, the who camera frame work will collapse and result in a complete system fail needing a full panel change everytime you try to take a picture.

These are the reasons why I know any device with mtkp35 won't function camera wise with a 48mp binned sensor.

I don't intend to make excuses for Transsion but I definitely don't want to engage in epistle long like arguments on this topic as I don't know it all but what I know I will say

You have said that it is not possible on the processor but can you explain why?

And can you back up your claims that any processor with 48mp must have a separate GPU? because I can tell you that the IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU can perform the task

Transsion aren't the only ones using the technology, LG also use it on this processor

1 Like

Re: Infinix S5 Pro Tear Down:true 48MP Or Not... by ZesusHVWritter(m): 1:21pm On Jun 29, 2020
Edopesin:

I don't intend to make excuses for Transsion but I definitely don't want to engage in epistle long like arguments on this topic as I don't know it all but what I know I will say

And can you back up your claims that any processor with 48mp must have a separate GPU? because I can tell you that the IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU can perform the task

Transsion aren't the only ones using the technology, LG also use it on this processor
Your question has sent me back 200years.
I will deal with this one after the other.
Give me 2hours from now.
Re: Infinix S5 Pro Tear Down:true 48MP Or Not... by ZesusHVWritter(m): 7:56am On Jun 30, 2020
Edopesin:

You drive me bunkers with this statement "Transission aren't the only ones using the technology".
Whatever you do, get this. Binning is an imaging process, lens manufacturers use, not phone manufacturers.
You don't get four different pixels from Samsung or Sony, then you the phone manufacturer binned it yourself.
Or you the phone manufacturer create a software to binned it yourself.
A binned camera lens, comes from the lens maker binned.

So the Technology is not something Tecno uses, there are two companies capable of producing a binned camera lens, Samsung and Sony.

I found 2 devices from LG with the mtkp35.
LG k51s and k61s.
Well obviously I wouldn't concern myself with LG's marketing strategy, but for the sake of deliberation, they are being considered.
Give me some time to do my findings. You do yours too, whatever I find with LG I won't share until July 30th.

But I have something come July 1st as regards to this issue.

2 Likes

Re: Infinix S5 Pro Tear Down:true 48MP Or Not... by ZesusHVWritter(m): 7:58am On Jun 30, 2020
Edopesin:

Re: Infinix S5 Pro Tear Down:true 48MP Or Not... by ZesusHVWritter(m): 8:04am On Jun 30, 2020
Edopesin:

Not any processor, but specifically, the mtkp35.
For the mtkp35 to shoot a picture resolution of 48mp[From Sony or Samsung], the chipset requires more cpu and gpu resource that the mtkp35 cannot provide, which would require the phone manufacturer to implement a different chip for photography needs.
Just as some manufacturers e.g Gionee once used a different security chipset away from the phones chipset for security needs of their phone.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apple Silicon Socs (A Full Line Up Of Their Socs) / South African Student Launches His Own Smartphone Company / Who Wants To Swap Phone O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.