Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,116 members, 7,821,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Nigerians React To Short Film About Hushpuppi’s Arrest Over Online Fraud - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerians React To Short Film About Hushpuppi’s Arrest Over Online Fraud (971 Views)

See What Wikipedia Did After Hushpuppi's Arrest / Hushpuppi Arrest: “in My Family Na Only Me Escape From Poverty” –hushpuppi Cries / Uduaghan: Bovi Threatens To Beat I Go Dye Over Online Beef (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians React To Short Film About Hushpuppi’s Arrest Over Online Fraud by ednawande2580: 4:29pm On Jun 25, 2020
A short film released by Dubai police detailing how it tailed and arrested a gang of online fraudsters including socialites, Hushpuppi and Woodberry has sparked outrage from many Nigerians on social media.

According to the narrator in the four-minute film released on June 25, the operation which led to the arrest of 12 fraudsters was for about four months.
Six raids were carried out simultaneously while some of them were asleep in their Dubai apartments.

Dubai police was able to track down Hushpuppi and his gang after months of investigating and monitoring their social media activities.

Little did Hushpuppi know that while he was flaunting his luxurious cars, clothings, and other items, Dubai police was taking note of all his activities.

The film narrator stated that fake pages for existing websites were created by the gang to redirect any payments to their bank accounts.

They also hacked corporate emails and sent fake messages to victims, redirecting financial transfer and important documents.

Hushpuppi and his fellow fraudsters have defrauded 1,926,400 victims over the years.

He has since been the topic of discuss, making the No 1 trending topic on Twitter.

https://www.mojidelano.com/2020/06/nigerians-react-to-short-film-released-by-dubai-police-about-arrest-of-hushpuppi-woodberry-others-over-online-fraud/

Cc Seun Lalasticlala mukina2 MissyB3

Re: Nigerians React To Short Film About Hushpuppi’s Arrest Over Online Fraud by Ezennwa(m): 4:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
Re: Nigerians React To Short Film About Hushpuppi’s Arrest Over Online Fraud by saheedbadmus(m): 4:52pm On Jun 25, 2020
Lolz
Re: Nigerians React To Short Film About Hushpuppi’s Arrest Over Online Fraud by Lawdis(m): 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2020
......grin grin, that's why I love my little legit earnings

if I'm sleeping anytime I sleeps like a baby....feel so safe and comfortable.....I love liberty/freedom

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Short Film About Hushpuppi’s Arrest Over Online Fraud by Gentle0wavez: 5:10pm On Jun 25, 2020
What stopped him from stopping?? After stealing a huge sum you should invest and quit crime. He was still on it even when he still had a lot of cash, Easy money get one kind of addictive spirit oh. Well they say who the Gods want to destroy they first make mad.

Chai see as them open documentary for him head

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Short Film About Hushpuppi’s Arrest Over Online Fraud by cocolacec(m): 6:38pm On Jun 25, 2020
ednawande2580:
A short film released by Dubai police detailing how it tailed and arrested a gang of online fraudsters including socialites, Hushpuppi and Woodberry has sparked outrage from many Nigerians on social media.

According to the narrator in the four-minute film released on June 25, the operation which led to the arrest of 12 fraudsters was for about four months.
Six raids were carried out simultaneously while some of them were asleep in their Dubai apartments.

Dubai police was able to track down Hushpuppi and his gang after months of investigating and monitoring their social media activities.

Little did Hushpuppi know that while he was flaunting his luxurious cars, clothings, and other items, Dubai police was taking note of all his activities.

The film narrator stated that fake pages for existing websites were created by the gang to redirect any payments to their bank accounts.

They also hacked corporate emails and sent fake messages to victims, redirecting financial transfer and important documents.

Hushpuppi and his fellow fraudsters have defrauded 1,926,400 victims over the years.

He has since been the topic of discuss, making the No 1 trending topic on Twitter.

https://www.mojidelano.com/2020/06/nigerians-react-to-short-film-released-by-dubai-police-about-arrest-of-hushpuppi-woodberry-others-over-online-fraud/

Cc Seun Lalasticlala mukina2 MissyB3

Dubai Police arrested two ringleaders of a multi-million dollar cybercrime operation, along with ten of their operatives in a special operation dubbed ‘Fox Hunt 2’.

Raymond Igbalode Abbas, also known as ‘Hushpuppi’, and Olalekan Jacob Ponle aka ‘Woodberry’, along with ten African cybercriminals for offences that were committed outside the UAE.

Dubai Police said the crimes includes money-laundering, cyber fraud, hacking, criminal impersonating, scamming individuals, banking fraud and identity theft.

Major General Khalil Ibrahim Al Mansouri, assistant commander-in-chief for Criminal Investigation Affairs said the suspects were caught in a series of synchronised raids by six SWAT teams from Dubai Police.

"The operation was carried out in a highly professional manner in terms of planning and execution as well as setting a zero hour to take down all gang members in the same time," Al Mansouri said.

Speaking about the operation's details, Brigadier Jamal Salem Al Jallaf, Director of Criminal Investigation Department (CID) at Dubai Police, said that upon receiving the security intel about an African gang involved in money-laundering and cyber fraud, an investigation team was formed to track down the suspects and arrest them over their illegal activities which targeted bank accounts and credit cards of individuals and companies overseas.

Re: Nigerians React To Short Film About Hushpuppi’s Arrest Over Online Fraud by SAMBARRY: 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2020
Gentle0wavez:
What stopped him from stopping?? After stealing a huge sum you should invest and quit crime. He was still on it even when he still had a lot of cash, Easy money get one kind of addictive spirit oh. Well they say who the Gods want to destroy they first make mad.

Chai see as them open documentary for him head
asiiinnnnn

100 million naira is more than ENOUGH to change anybody's life forever in the right legit investment but he still kept going and going on

Was he THINKING he's that elusive and will never be caught.i don't understand how a lousy criminal doesn't just know how to stop

Mompha too should get ready.that ones cup too is almost full

If they can arrest mompha then shame on EFCC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Short Film About Hushpuppi’s Arrest Over Online Fraud by Barryseal: 7:40pm On Jun 25, 2020
I miss the old 51 Iweka road Onitsha nollywood. They would have been all over this by now.

(1) (Reply)

Love, S€x & Romantic Moments Of Mercy And Ike / Bbnaija 2020 Update / Bbnaija DORATHY Leads Bbnaija Housemates End SARS PROTEST With Her Chest(video) / Nigeria Born International Model Launches Platform For Single Guys And Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.