Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! (17287 Views)

Lab Grown Chickens For Sale In The US / Apple Grown In Jos, Nigeria / Where Are Plums Grown In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 11:44pm On Jul 06, 2020
You can join my free consultancy group on WhatsApp.

Send me a message on WhatsApp

Thank you
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 8:14am On Jul 13, 2020
Apple seedling transplant

For the apple seedlings to grow and mature into a tree that will produce fruits, it must be transplanted from its temporary bag into a permanent site.

Transplanting must be done with care so as not to damage the seedling.

Transplant at the cool time of the day ( I.e mornings or evenings) to minimize transplanting shock.

To transplant, dig a hole 0.5- 1 ft deep (depending on seedling size), remove the polythene and lower the seedling with the soil gently into the ground.

Add a handful of cattle dung manure and cover with soil. Water immediately to help seedlings adapt quickly to new environment.
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 10:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
Apple seedlings are still available for purchase and immediate delivery to all locations around the country.

The seedlings can be grown within the house, it requires a spacing of 4m x 4m.

Call 09082891813, or WhatsApp/call- 07068320962 to get an exotic Apple in your home.
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2020
Organic and Inorganic Fertilizers in Orchard farming. Part 1

Fertilizers are important to plant growth, development and yield just the way food is necessary to our continuous vitality and survival.

Organic fertilizers also called naturally "derived fertilizers" are obtained from the completed decomposition of plant or animal matter like kitchen wastes, poultry manure, cattle manure, plant parts like leaves, stems and roots.

They supply plant nutrients to help plants grow, they have an advantage of supplying nutrients slowly over a long period of time, they also have being known to improve soil properties like its ability to hold moisture, the soil texture, structure and even the pH.

Pros

1. Organic Fertilizers are used in orchard farming to help the fruit trees grow and yield better.

2. They also help in making the soil conducive for the plants.

3. They supply nutrients to the plant over a longer period when compared with inorganic fertilizers.

4. And they do not harm the environment like its inorganic counterpart.

Cons

1. They major challenge of working with inorganic fertilizers are the fact that they may not supply the required amount of nutrients the plant needs per time for its growth. This is because organic fertilizers do not have high concentration of nutrients when compared to the inorganic fertilizers.

For instance, NPk 20:10:10 supplies 20% nitrogen to the plant while poultry or cattle dung manure may only supply within 3-7% Nitrogen maximum.

This is a drawback for organic manure especially for large scale orchards because you need a very large quantity to meet the plant's nutrient demand.

2. The cost of using organic is higher when compared to inorganic fertilizer as a result of the large quantity needed. You need about 30, 000 kg of organic fertilizer 1 hectare of apple orchard!
While on same land you will only use 250kg of inorganic fertilizers.

3. Organic fertilizers are also known to harbour pests, diseases and weeds seeds and have to be properly decomposed before application to the soil.

4. They can can make the soil acidic if not properly used.
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 8:08pm On Jul 24, 2020
Organic and Inorganic Fertilizers in Orchard farming. Part 2

Inorganic Fertilizers are also called chemical fertilizers or synthetic fertilizers. They are manufactured industrially. Examples include urea, various grades of NPK like 20:10:10, 15:15:25, 26:13:13etc, Muriate of Potash (MOP) and SSP (Single super phosphate).

They contain the major nutrients Nitrogen , Phosphorus and Potassium and other minor nutrients that are important for plant growth.

But as you may guess, this has its own advantage and disadvantage.

Pros

1. They are readily available in the market. This is a big advantage because they can be gotten at anytime and in any quantity.

2. They have a higher concentration of plant nutrients more than the organic fertilizers, it means you apply less quantity to meet the recommended rate of fertilizer for each plant.

3. They are readliy available to the plant for absorption, this is because they are already in the mineral form so can be taken up by the plants. This is in contrast to organic fertilizers that needs to be brokenn down first.

4. They are economical better to use than the organic especially if you need to manage a large orchard.

5. Can't harbour pests and disease.

Cons

1. They don't improve the soil physical properties like texture, WHC, or structure. They just supply the nutrients directly to plants. This will lead to the degradation of the soil over a long term.

2. They can easily result to environmental pollution because they can leach out into rainwater and be washed into rivers , streams etc polluting them.

3. They can cause soil alkalinity due to over use.

Conclusion
As an expert, I will recommend that you use organic fertilizers. This is will no doubt improve the soil and help the plants grow and yield better.
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2020
PRICE SLASH

This week my farm will be giving a massive discount in celebration of Eid Kabir.

We are discounting the price of our Apple seedlings, and also adding a strawberry plant to every apple seedling you buy!

This promo lasts for 7 days only.

Delivery is nationwide

Don't miss this

Call/ WhatsApp: 07068320962, Call: 09082891813

1 Like

Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by 4teeron(m): 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
Do u have business proposal for this Apple Orchard Business?
impeccable001:
Apples are one of the most popular fruits eaten in Nigeria and all over the world— and for good reason. They are nutritious fruit loved by everyone both young and old.

They are rich sources of vitamins and minerals that are good for our health. They help in weight loss, reduce the risk of heart attack, help reduce the risk of attack in asthma patients and can improve memory etc., the list is endless.

But do you know that they can be grown in Nigeria? Yes they can!

Before now apples could only be grown in the temperate regions of the world like Europe, North Africa, USA, China etc. this is because the fruit needs a ‘cold chill’ ( around 7oC for 5 weeks) to break dormancy for flowering. This has made growing apples in the tropics like Nigeria impossible.

But not anymore, because due to breeding studies by scientists from the crop and horticultural science Mekkelle university in Ethiopia. They have breed Anna variety of apple that can comfortable grow in our weather conditions.

This variety are readily available here in Nigeria and can grow and give excellent yields. They start to produce fruit from 4 feet tall even before transplanting to a permanent site.

They are easy to manage like any other fruit tree and can grow in diverse soil types.

Each tree produces around 450 fruits per season.

Limited seedlings available for delivery nationwide

Contact me Now on 07068320962 (whatsapp/ calls) or 09082891813 (calls).
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 10:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
The promo is still on.

Buy an apple seedlings and get 1 strawberry free!

This is an offer you should not afford to miss.
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 10:32am On Jul 28, 2020
How about an apple tree growing in your house?

Its possible, and you get a strawberry plant if you buy this week.

Let's talk
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 10:35pm On Jul 28, 2020
Ready to get yours?

Call or WhatsApp: 07068320962
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 10:07am On Jul 30, 2020
3 days left on our Eid kabir promo.

Get yours now, call the numbers now.
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 10:07am On Jul 30, 2020
3 days left on our Eid kabir promo.

Get yours, call the numbers now.
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
Eid el Kabir to all our Muslim clients

May this special day bring peace, happiness and prosperity to you and your family. Amin
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by wizi44(m): 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2020
impeccable001:
PRICE SLASH

This week my farm will be giving a massive discount in celebration of Eid Kabir.

We are discounting the price of our Apple seedlings, and also adding a strawberry plant to every apple seedling you buy!

This promo lasts for 7 days only.

Delivery is nationwide

Don't miss this

Call/ WhatsApp: 07068320962, Call: 09082891813
where do you stay and do you sell the strawberry sperately?, if yes, how much

1 Like

Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2020
wizi44:
where do you stay and do you sell the strawberry sperately?, if yes, how much

I stay in Kaduna. And my farm is in same location.

I do sell the strawberry separately. Price-#1500/ seedling.

And also sell other fruit seedlings too.

Reach out to me
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by Strech(m): 8:40pm On Aug 02, 2020
impeccable001:

I stay in Kaduna. And my farm is in same location.

I do sell the strawberry separately. Price-#1500/ seedling.

And also sell other fruit seedlings too.

Reach out to me
where is kaduna precisely do you stay? and can I come to your farm directly for the seedlings? cos I am also in kaduna but I stay in zaria..
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 11:29am On Aug 03, 2020
Call/ WhatsApp if you want to inquire about the seedlings.
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 11:30am On Aug 03, 2020
Strech:
where is kaduna precisely do you stay? and can I come to your farm directly for the seedlings? cos I am also in kaduna but I stay in zaria..

Ok, let's talk sir
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 9:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
We are open for business and we are still taking orders.

Other seedlings available too
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 8:42pm On Aug 19, 2020
Cold Chill Requirements for Apple explained

I have being asked severally that how comes Apples that are temperate (cold loving) crops will be able to survive, grow and produce here in Nigeria.

I have put up this article to explain the how. It is down to a concept called chill hours.

Chill hours are the number of cold hours or days that a deciduous fruit tree requires for flowering and fruit production each year.

Every temperate fruit tree variety has its own number of hours of chill needed for fruit production. Some fruit trees need as few as 100 chill hours, others need as many as 1,000 chill hours or more.

Apple varieties are cultivated in different parts of the world based on this simple concept. Areas with lower temperatures like Europe, America etc grow varieties that needs higher chill hours. Varieties like 'Fuji’, ‘Gala’, etc will only do well in cold locations.

On the other hand, low chill varieties will not only grow in our country, they will give remarkable results because it doesn't require a long amount of cold chill to form flowers and fruits.

Varieties like our Anna aka (Golden delicious) is among the tested and trusted Apple varieties that has being grown all over the tropics, Nigeria inclusive.
And they still give good yields with it's remarkable taste.

This is the science behind the growth of fruits trees like apple, pear, fig, strawberry, olive, peach, grapevine, pomegranate in my farm in a tropical country like Nigeria.

Your Questions are welcome, chat/ call my numbers
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by Isaacbaye3(m): 2:42pm On Aug 24, 2020
Hi boss

I also do apple, strawberries and other plants stuff.

Infact I use to raise my apple from seed till it reach the stage of bearing healthy fruits.

Thinking if we can know each other better
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 8:23am On Aug 31, 2020
Isaacbaye3:
Hi boss

I also do apple, strawberries and other plants stuff.

Infact I use to raise my apple from seed till it reach the stage of bearing healthy fruits.

Thinking if we can know each other better

That's awesome, sure. DM me
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 2:55pm On Sep 19, 2020
Goodday and happy weekend!

please reach me on this new line

08083669521, calls

thank you
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 11:30pm On Sep 30, 2020
Goodevening

I have a challenge with my other lines

you can reach me on this number 08083669521

Happy New Month and Happy Independence
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 12:46pm On Nov 19, 2020
Good afternoon

Fruits are vital for healthy living, and it is important have it in our diets.

Most fruit trees including apple starts flowering and fruiting this period (Nov - April).

For those that have gotten our Apple seedling, you should expect your plant to start flowering this period.

You can get yours plant now and expect a good harvest this season.

Contact me

Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2020
Good afternoon

Fruits are vital for healthy living, and it is important have it in our diets.

Most fruit trees including apple starts flowering and fruiting this period (Nov - April).

For those that have gotten our Apple seedling, you should expect your plant to start flowering this period.

You can get yours plant now and expect a good harvest this season.

Contact me

Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 4:08pm On Nov 26, 2020
Irrigation for apple and orchard plants- Part 1

Water is necessary and is an essential nutrient for plants. water is makes up a major percentage of the structure of the plants cells and other structures.

During the harmattan season, water is limited in the soil due to the low humidity and dry winds in the environment. During this period it's essential to apply water to the plants artificially to ensure the plants continue to grow and produce. This artificial watering is called irrigation.

Varied methods are being adopted to irrigate orchards in different parts of the country, depending upon the source of irrigation water and agro-climatic conditions prevailing in the area.

Irrigation is done for many reasons including:

1. No or low rainfall to support crop growth.  

This is due rainy and dry seasons, drought or arid/semi-arid climate conditions. When the rains stops the plants still needs water to maintain growth and productivity. Irrigation systems may also be used to maintain consistent moisture levels even in areas with moderate precipitation levels as it has been shown to improve crop performance.

2. Control of soil salinity levels.  

High soil salinity levels can be a natural occurrence which is the case in many semi-arid and arid locations or a result of poor agricultural practices and ineffective drainage.  In such cases, irrigation can be used to manage the excess salt by leaching it away from the soil. irrigation must often be coupled with drainage in order to achieve the desired benefits.  

Benefits of Irrigation

1. It helps in the all year round production and growth of apple and fruit trees.

2. it helps to make nutrients in the soil soluble and available for plant uptake.

3. Helps to regulate the soil temperature making it conducive for plant growth.

4. it helps to make soil conducive for beneficial microorganisms.

5.  It helps to increase the efficiency of cultural operations like weeding, mulching etc.

Cons of Irrigation

1. Setting up irrigation systems is expensive and adds to cost of production.

2. Some Irrigation system increases the incidence of pest and disease, and weeds.

Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 9:36am On Dec 05, 2020
Goodmorning everyone

I will be posting the part two of Irrigation For Apple and Orchard Plants later today.

If you have any questions or you are interested in establishing an orchard.

Contact me let's talk:

09095533412, 07068320962
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 9:38am On Dec 05, 2020
Goodmorning everyone

I will be posting an interesting topic that affect orchard and apple production very soon

If you have any questions or you are interested in establishing an orchard.

Contact me let's talk:

09095533412, 07068320962
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by BeboNGN: 9:55am On Dec 05, 2020
Hello, if you're into Fruit importation Egg production, Tomato paste, and Green house farming!
Do contact me for possible business.
WhatsApp 08079423245
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 9:26am On Jan 06, 2021
Happy New Year !

I wish you a year filled with frutful Orchards and productive trees. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari / Contact Jovar For ALL Improved Seedlings, Seeds & Suckers / Pineapple Suckers For Sale (sugar-loaf Variety)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.