Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,702 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

*EDO 2020: Obaseki Emerges PDP Flagbearer, Salutes Edo People* - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / *EDO 2020: Obaseki Emerges PDP Flagbearer, Salutes Edo People* (520 Views)

Wike’s Anointed Candidate, Fubara Emerges PDP Flagbearer In Rivers / Who Do You Think Will Be PDP Flagbearer For 2023 Presidential Election? / BREAKING: Obaseki Emerges Edo PDP Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*EDO 2020: Obaseki Emerges PDP Flagbearer, Salutes Edo People* by Osamudamen: 7:34am On Jun 26, 2020
*EDO 2020: Obaseki emerges PDP flagbearer, salutes Edo people*

The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki has emerged the flagbearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2020 governorship election, polling 1,952 votes to win the party's primary election.

A total of 2,234 delegates from the 192 wards and 18 Local Government Areas of Edo State participated in election with Governor Obaseki as only candidate on the ballot after three other candidates backed out of the contest.

Announcing the result of the shadow election, the PDP Edo Primary Election Committee chairman and the Bauchi State Governor Bala Mohammed, declared the governor the winner of the contest after winning over 90 percent of the available votes.

In his statement, Governor Obaseki expressed appreciation to all those who made his election as the PDP guber candidate possible.

He noted, "I express my heartfelt gratitude to our great party, the @OfficialPDPNig, the leaders, delegates, members and all Edo people for the opportunity to fly the party's flag in the forthcoming governorship election. God bless you all."

1 Like

Re: *EDO 2020: Obaseki Emerges PDP Flagbearer, Salutes Edo People* by sunnydike1(m): 7:39am On Jun 26, 2020
FTC
very good
Re: *EDO 2020: Obaseki Emerges PDP Flagbearer, Salutes Edo People* by spafu(m): 7:43am On Jun 26, 2020
We told them, Edo no be Lagos. In Edo, we fight man to man, fiercely like a lion. Godwin Obaseki has fault a good fight so far, and his major casualty was hitting a heavy blow on Oshiomole (by ensuring his suspension from the Ward Level).
Had Obaseki not fought Oshiomole like he did, I would have doubt if he had Edo blood running his blood.

2 Likes

Re: *EDO 2020: Obaseki Emerges PDP Flagbearer, Salutes Edo People* by NnadyAutos: 7:46am On Jun 26, 2020
Brave Governor, joining well organised party.
Re: *EDO 2020: Obaseki Emerges PDP Flagbearer, Salutes Edo People* by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:48am On Jun 26, 2020
Brave Governor. Edo is not Lagos.
Re: *EDO 2020: Obaseki Emerges PDP Flagbearer, Salutes Edo People* by Bluntguy: 7:48am On Jun 26, 2020
Congratulations to him. He has fought like a man. Even if he loses at the polls (which I doubt), Obaseki will always have my respect and that of millions of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: *EDO 2020: Obaseki Emerges PDP Flagbearer, Salutes Edo People* by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 26, 2020
Forward ever backward never
Even though u are a typical naija politician but anything to end godfatherism is allowed
I love Men with Balls

1 Like

Re: *EDO 2020: Obaseki Emerges PDP Flagbearer, Salutes Edo People* by Validated: 8:07am On Jun 26, 2020
The man who killed two giants with one stone. He shot down a Jagaban and a godfather all at once.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Magu Was Operating As A Law Unto Himself – Former DSS Assistant Director, Dennis / Nigeria Security Agencies Has Arrested Two Arms Suppliers From Niger Republic / BREAKING: Wike Relocates Ms Nunieh, Ex NDDC Chief, To Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.