Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him (3840 Views)

Emoney's Outriders Performed Exciting Stunts In Onitsha: Pics & Video / Watch Fuoye Talented Student Who Performs Exactly Lyk Broda Shaggi / Pretty Mike: My Nude Girls Are Happy For The Stunts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him by rasheylaw(m): 9:47am On Jun 26, 2020
Dwayne Douglas Johnson, also known by his ring name The Rock, is an American-Canadian actor, producer, businessman, retired professional wrestler, and former American football player. He wrestled for the World Wrestling Federation for eight years prior to pursuing an acting career.

His notable stunts in his movie career were from his cousin brother, Tanoai Reed. Reed has been stunting for The Rick for years. He had several injuries and surgeries on set. He trained himself to have the exact physic of The rock.

Reed feeds on chicken chest and a lot of vegetables when he needs to come out muscular and goes fasting for hours if he needs to diet for a set. Reed takes all the injuries on behalf of The Rock. That's what he gets paid for.

The rock is the highest paid American actor, Getting paid $89.4m (£73.6m), Followed by Chris Hemsworth - $76.4m (£62.9m) and Robert Downey Jr - $66m (£54.4m)

If he sprains an ankle on a set, 200 people lose their job for that day. To avoid a budget loss, they get him a stuntman(his cousin) who acts his double when he wants to carry out stunts scenes.

4 Likes

Re: See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him by aristocrazzy: 10:05am On Jun 26, 2020
Chai all these actors aren't really the actors because their stuntman does the work while the editors make it look real. its all because of their popularity and brand if not they're just there for fancy.

9 Likes

Re: See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him by ObaOfUyo: 10:18am On Jun 26, 2020
aristocrazzy:
Chai all these actors aren't really the actors because their stuntman does the work while the editors make it look real. its all because of their popularity and brand if not they're just there for fancy.
Its just for the stunt alone and nothing else
Re: See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him by Goldenboy10(m): 11:56am On Jun 26, 2020
Which of them is Rock
Re: See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him by rasheylaw(m): 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2020
Goldenboy10:
Which of them is Rock
The one at the right side

1 Like

Re: See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him by Denique(f): 2:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
Quite a resemblance...although, I can very much tell them apart tongue
Re: See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 26, 2020
So this Body double Namadi Kanu is talking about is true ?
Rock don scam us like mR integritY.
Re: See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him by punisha: 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
RonaldoVido:
So this Body double Namadi Kanu is talking about is true ?

Rock don scam us like mR integritY.

Only time will tell is he said the truth or not.
Doubles has always been used for years now.
Most times aside movies, they are used when a president is making a public appearance and is perceived to be in harms way.

3 Likes

Re: See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him by oyetpel(m): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2020
aristocrazzy:

Fancy you say?

Let a stuntman headline a movie and see how successful it will be, lol.

That's why Scott Adkins will always be a C-lister.

And most times, stunt doubles are used so that they won't have a csse where the main actor will be injured, because it's will slow down the directing and production of the movie.

3 Likes

Re: See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him by SavageResponse(m): 5:46pm On Jun 26, 2020
Goldenboy10:
Which of them is Rock

The one on the right side with the tattoos
Re: See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him by Houseofglam7(f): 6:04pm On Jun 26, 2020
undecided
Re: See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him by agbolahan1991(m): 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
Money,money ,monwy
Re: See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him by abumeinben(m): 6:53pm On Jun 26, 2020
aristocrazzy:
Re: See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him by Onyenna(m): 7:47pm On Jun 26, 2020
Cool
Re: See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him by gift01: 9:48pm On Jun 26, 2020
Reminds one of Jubril el-Sudani

2 Likes

Re: See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him by offset67(m): 10:45pm On Jun 26, 2020
na man him be
Re: See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him by seanwilliam(m): 12:22am On Jun 27, 2020
rasheylaw:

The one at the right side
sorry bro, tbh, I'm not joking.. when I'm looking at a picture, I always find it hard to differentiate between right and left...

I'm serious ..
Re: See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him by oyetpel(m): 12:52am On Jun 27, 2020
seanwilliam:
sorry bro, tbh, I'm not joking.. when I'm looking at a picture, I always find it hard to differentiate between right and left...

I'm serious ..

When you are holding/reading a newspaper, or holding your phone.

Stretch out your left hand, the picture that is facing your left hand is said to be left.

Same with your right hand, stretch it out, the picture facing it is the one on the right.
Re: See The Rock’s Cousin Who Performs All His Movie Stunts For Him by seanwilliam(m): 1:00am On Jun 27, 2020
oyetpel:

When you are holding/reading a newspaper, or holding your phone.

Stretch out your left hand, the picture that is facing your left hand is said to be left.

Same with your right hand, stretch it out, the picture facing it is the one on the right.
chai u suppose be lecturer..thanks...

Before , I would always stand in the position of object ( or person) in the picture.. lol

(1) (Reply)

See Wetin One Person Carry! Confusion For Guys As Curvy Lady Release New Photos / Tonto Dike Worst Picture Ever / I Had Crush On Genevieve Nnaji, I Can Still Date Her---wizkid Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.