Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed (47560 Views)

Abiola Ajimobi Loses Senatorial Election To PDP / Abiola Ajimobi Loses Four Of Four Announced Local Governments In Oyo South / Tinubu,alaafin,bisi Akande,gowon In Ibadan 4 Abiola Ajimobi Roundtable Meeting(p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by dre11(m): 11:17am On Jun 26, 2020
The funeral of former Oyo Governor, Sen. Abiola Ajimobi, has been postponed.

His spokesman, Bolaji Tunji, told reporters in his Oluyole, Ibadan residence on Friday morning the family would soon make an announcement of the burial programme.

Tunji said: “The funeral arrangements will be announced soon by the family but it will be observed privately so as to be in accordance with the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) guidelines.”

He appealed to sympathisers, who have been thronging his residence, to continue following NCDC guidelines by washing their hands, using face masks and keeping social distancing, among others.

Ajimobi died in a private hospital in Lagos on Thursday at 70.

https://thenationonlineng.net/ex-oyo-gov-ajimobis-burial-postponed/

3 Likes

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by Bola146(f): 11:18am On Jun 26, 2020
Lobatan.. I really pity this man sad Instead of him to go and rest, to be advising and helping young people sad

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by Obidon1(m): 11:18am On Jun 26, 2020
Ok Rip

1 Like

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by ExAngel007(f): 11:19am On Jun 26, 2020
Okay.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by Officialgarri: 11:20am On Jun 26, 2020
I will try my best to attend his burial. sad

13 Likes

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by Bluntguy: 11:21am On Jun 26, 2020
I hope he is not one of the aggrieved APC NWC members that want to sue the party for dissolution, because APC are doing wonders these days. Let this man rest in peace biko.

19 Likes

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by johnmartus(m): 11:21am On Jun 26, 2020
So sad.

1 Like

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by techmo(m): 11:21am On Jun 26, 2020

as a Muslim he gets a little funeral with or without Corona

Saddest part of all this is the rumour that Florence his wife and teenage sweet heart is also allegedly battling covid 19

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by Nbote(m): 11:24am On Jun 26, 2020
So afta delaying d announcement of his death, dey still want to delay his burial.. I thought muslims are supposed to b buried immediately?

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by PapaPHWalka: 11:27am On Jun 26, 2020
Why

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by iCauseTrouble: 11:28am On Jun 26, 2020
The dead can't even rest again because of politics

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by MISTAICEY02288(m): 11:28am On Jun 26, 2020
Hmmmm.. So that's how a whole Mr Constituted Authority just died? Death! Truly, the end of every Man..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by bsanya(f): 11:28am On Jun 26, 2020
Wish they have fully invested in the health sector , some top people's death would have been averted. Pocket filling politicians... Tot they said they don't release dead bodies of Covid 19 patients?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by calculator123(m): 11:29am On Jun 26, 2020
Rubbish.

Can the man be laid to rest already?

Why do politicians play politics with everything. It doesn't cost much to bury him the Muslim way.

A couple of family and friends, an imam and with three hours, the burial is done.

3 Likes

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by nepapole(m): 11:29am On Jun 26, 2020
Bullshittt
Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by ursullalinda(f): 11:29am On Jun 26, 2020
I thought he was a Muslim.......They should pls allow his dead body to go and rest.

4 Likes

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:29am On Jun 26, 2020
Officialgarri:
I will try my best to attend his burial. sad

For someone who died of Covid-19?

Abeg put your nyash one place.

11 Likes

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by Bola146(f): 11:29am On Jun 26, 2020
cry
Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by Guestlander: 11:30am On Jun 26, 2020
Nbote:
So afta delaying d announcement of his death, dey still want to delay his burial.. I thought muslims are supposed to b buried immediately?

Whatever the family decide to do is none of your business. Are you related to him?
Criticism just for the sake of criticism.

12 Likes

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by Tonymegabush1(m): 11:30am On Jun 26, 2020
Do they used to bury convid 19 deceased person...
Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by slimanyd: 11:30am On Jun 26, 2020
Nbote:

Ajimobi nah half Christian ,half Muslim . So, in this regard, his wife wish and his statement to his wife must be followed.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by okomile(f): 11:30am On Jun 26, 2020
tongue

No fun fare
He will be buried where no crowd will be allowed in.

Amala, ewedu and gbegiri will be served at home to the people sha

He lived a celebrated age!

2 Likes

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by Darkharvest: 11:30am On Jun 26, 2020
Death is inevitable.
Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by tillaman(m): 11:30am On Jun 26, 2020
sad go well constituted authority Koseleri 1!
I just hope they are not playing politics with his remains
Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by Kpokakpoka(m): 11:31am On Jun 26, 2020
He has probably resurrected.... undecided
Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by calculator123(m): 11:31am On Jun 26, 2020
bsanya:
Wish they have fully invested in the health sector , some top people's death would have been averted. Pocket filling politicians... Tot they said they don't release dead bodies of Covid 19 patients?

One would think they would learn from their mistake, mba, they are simply waiting for normalcy to return so they can continue with their looting spree.

13 Likes

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by incogni2o: 11:31am On Jun 26, 2020
I am still soo bewildered.

May God grant the Family the fortitude to bear the Loss

1 Like

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by Goldenboy10(m): 11:31am On Jun 26, 2020
How does this concern me?

1 Like

Re: Abiola Ajimobi’s Burial Postponed by donfemo(m): 11:31am On Jun 26, 2020
Ajimobi died in a private hospital in Lagos. There was no hospital in Oyo state he could trust to handle his medical situation.
He was governor for 8 Years.
May his soul rest in peace.

I hope our leaders will learn from these things.

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kiki Osinbajo Slays In Off Shoulder Native Dress / Lagos Policemen Block Ojuelegba Road, Point Guns At Motorists / Dino Melaye Thanks President Buhari For His Condolence Message (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.