Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Abortion: Another Name For Murder - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Abortion: Another Name For Murder (714 Views)

Man Exonerated After Spending 27 Years In Prison For Murder He Didn't Commit / Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti / Photo – Doctor Caught On Camera Defiling Women During Abortion In Theatre Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abortion: Another Name For Murder by PUMBA1(f): 8:55pm On Jan 29, 2011
Can someone tell me why people talk about abortion like it's just a way of discarding a waste?

I see it as the TAKING OF ANOTHER LIFE, in other words, MURDER and nothing else. Please share your views and lets open our eyes better.
Re: Abortion: Another Name For Murder by Ethiodime: 11:51pm On Jan 29, 2011
You just can't be against abortion as if you know the inner reasons of those doing it!

I am a pro choice person . You see abortion can depend on circumstance sometimes. What about Rape victims? What about someone financially/mentally unfit to be a parent?
Re: Abortion: Another Name For Murder by solihu(m): 2:20pm On Jan 30, 2011
^^ C'mon those reasons aren't cogent enough, you may need to consider other options. The orphanage for instance. Pls don't get me wrong here but i feel they have a right to 'live'. The circumstances surrounding why women opt for abortion in the first place is not the poor unborn baby's fault.
More importantly, the giver of life (God almighty) frowns at it.
Re: Abortion: Another Name For Murder by Tunmi(f): 2:55am On Jan 31, 2011
Orphanages do get underpaid and understaffed.
And the God argument does not go over with everyone, myself included. I believe in God, but I do not want to hear sermons when it comes to proving a point that does not have to do with religious texts: social issues for instance.

I'm pro choice. It is a woman's right what to do with her body. Now, if the fetus is of viable age, where it can live outside the womb (I don't remember the exact weeks/months) then it's something different. And there's also the circumstance to consider, as Ethiodime pointed out.

(1) (Reply)

Mukina Pls Unban Me / Dora Tried Sha / Is Blackberry Bis Feature Reducing The Rate People Visit Cybercafe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.