Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert (25731 Views)

Purchase Tokunbo Toyota Engine And Gearbox / Valvoline Engine Oil - 5W30, 5W40, 10W40 / Mazda CX -7 For Sale Toyota Engine And Gear Present In The Car 08140857737 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Sammy07: 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2020
Sebastine1994:

what do you know, we handle dollars

Doesn't mean.
Do you guys handle 500M and above per day?
In Cash?
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Johnsown1(m): 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2020
Hmmm. Ok

In other news check my signature for your genuine abd affordable properties in Enugu. Invest in real estate today and enjoy the future
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Jabioro: 3:31pm On Jun 26, 2020
Na because brown envelope never exchange hands..did any motorist complain to you or you want to tell you don't know the importer.. Noisemakers
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by SoftBillionaire: 3:32pm On Jun 26, 2020
Good
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Sebastine1994(m): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2020
Sammy07:

Doesn't mean.
Do you guys handle 500M and above per day?
In Cash?

look at this man oh, we were selling whole sale, what is 500 million naira, I am talking of physical cash of 5 billion, our money no get value
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Sammy07: 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2020
Sebastine1994:

look at this man oh, we were selling whole sale, what is 500 million naira, I am talking of physical cash of 5 billion, our money no get value

Okay.
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by lapazi(m): 3:36pm On Jun 26, 2020
I think Mobil has more counterfeits in the market than any other brand out there. It’s very sad?!

1 Like

Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by DamnnNiggarr: 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2020
grin
damnnn niggaaaarrrrr!
too much fake product this days
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by barryj1: 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
[quote author=Nemere2020 post=91094775]1. The @SONNigeria has raised a red alert on the discovery of suspected substandard Toyo

3. The imported product has neither undergone the SON offshore conformity assessment process nor was it registered with the organisation for traceability and quality verification.

4. SON stated that the Toyota brand of engine oil is being sold in One (1) litre and Four (4) litre containers to unsuspecting Nigerian Consumers.

5. The psuspected substandard product has no close or remote relationship with the Toyota brands of automobile or the manufacturers.

6. SON advised the Nigerian public to avoid patronage of the Toyota brand of engine oil in the meantime, stressing that SON operatives are on the trail of other uncertified and unregistered brands of engine oil in the Nigerian markets for necessary regulatory action.

7. SON advised the general public to patronize only certified made-in-Nigeria brands of engine oil with the MANCAP logo and imported brands that have undergone the SON offshore conformity assessment process andNare duly registered for traceability and quality verification

8. The SON assured the Nigerian public that all purveyors of substandard and life threatening products would be prosecuted in line with the provisions of the SON Act 14 of 2015 and the criminal code once apprehended.

Na today fake products wey full everywhere for Nigeria
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by obama30: 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2020
[quote author=Nemere2020 post=91094775]1. The @SONNigeria has raised a red alert on the discovery of suspected substandard Toyota brand of engine oil in the Nigerian markets.

2. Director General, Osita Aboloma Esq. disclosed that the suspected substandard Toyota brand of engine oil was discovered through the SON regular market surveillance activity in its 42 State offices across the country.

3. The imported product has neither undergone the SON offshore conformity assessment process nor was it registered with the organisation for traceability and quality verification.

4. SON stated that the Toyota brand of engine oil is being sold in One (1) litre and Four (4) litre containers to unsuspecting Nigerian Consumers.

5. The psuspected substandard product has no close or remote relationship with the Toyota brands of automobile or the manufacturers.

6. SON advised the Nigerian public to avoid patronage of the Toyota brand of engine oil in the meantime, stressing that SON operatives are on the trail of other uncertified and unregistered brands of engine oil in the Nigerian markets for necessary regulatory action.

7. SON advised the general public to patronize only certified made-in-Nigeria brands of engine oil with the MANCAP logo and imported brands that have undergone the SON offshore conformity assessment process andNare duly registered for traceability and quality verification

8. The SON assured the Nigerian public that all purveyors of substandard and life threatening products would be prosecuted in line with the provisions of the SON Act 14 of 2015 and the criminal code once apprehended.

9. SON frowned at the importation of poor quality products into Nigeria to engage in unfair competition with high quality, certified, made-in- Nigeria brands.

https://twitter.com/SONNigeria/status/1276495866002583554?s=19Son

SON please can you explain to general public what make the oil substandard, or you people label it substandard because it was imported by a Nigerian who is not suppose to be into oil business. why did all this organizations in Nigeria cause more poverty and reducing industrious citizen to remain in one certain level. who raise alarm that the engine oil has damaged their engine. if oil did not damage engine but make engine run smooth and strong then what makes it fake or substandard. this is reason many Nigerian relocate to others country where there's opportunity for everyone
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by colestephan86: 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nemere2020:
1. The @SONNigeria has raised a red alert on the discovery of suspected substandard Toyota brand of engine oil in the Nigerian markets.

2. Director General, Osita Aboloma Esq. disclosed that the suspected substandard Toyota brand of engine oil was discovered through the SON regular market surveillance activity in its 42 State offices across the country.

9. SON frowned at the importation of poor quality products into Nigeria to engage in unfair competition with high quality, certified, made-in- Nigeria brands.

https://twitter.com/SONNigeria/status/1276495866002583554?s=19
This is the problem of Toyota users. I use Peugeot and total oil has been serving.
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Aderewah: 3:55pm On Jun 26, 2020
Sebastine1994:

5b a day. 1.5 trillion naira a year. That is 3 billion dollars. You just open your mouth waaaaah....no brain

1 Like

Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by kaeycea(m): 3:57pm On Jun 26, 2020
Sebastine1994:

And you think someone will believe you handled physical cash of about 5 billion daily as a private business
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Factshunter: 3:57pm On Jun 26, 2020
Aderewah:

5b a day. 1.5 trillion naira a year. That is 3 billion dollars. You just open your mouth waaaaah....no brain

grin grin grin grin

Ibos and figures. grin
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Yomboy4ever(m): 4:01pm On Jun 26, 2020
MirJay:
Good afternoon my people on Nairaland. Hunger is real , my tummy hurts badly and my chest burns. Of course it would becos I have been on drinking garri for 5 days straight now and i just drank the remaining one.
Pls i need assistance pls, I need help o before my stomach tears apart.

FIDELITY BANK

May God provide for you, garri for 5 days abi and u dey complain

Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Rhaspody(m): 4:02pm On Jun 26, 2020
The problem is that most car users can't afford the original Toyota engine oil.
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Sleekfingers: 4:03pm On Jun 26, 2020
MirJay:
Good afternoon my people on Nairaland. Hunger is real , my tummy hurts badly and my chest burns. Of course it would becos I have been on drinking garri for 5 days straight now and i just drank the remaining one.
Pls i need assistance pls, I need help o before my stomach tears apart.

FIDELITY BANK

na hunger go kill u....lazy youth go and carry load for nearby market......and na thunder go fire anybody dat give u any money on this platform
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
Slymonster:
Too much fake things in this country

And y is that? D people can't afford d quality things so they go for d cheaper, substandard items & y is DAT? Cos d government has failed in improving d citizens purchasing power? And y is that ? Cos the govt isn't held accountable! And y is that ? Cos d citizens in nigeria as so docile that they can't stand up to be counted, they can't come together to demand change in d status quo like in tahiri square ! & y is dat ? Cos they are naive and would rather die in poverty than die for a just cause! And y is it that they don't want t die? Cos they won't be celebrated even if they did!
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Arewa1408: 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
This news and the way and manner it was reported is very Nigerian. Why cant you say, this oil is imported by so and so, its sold in so and so, this is how you will recognize it, do not buy. We are removing it from shelves and please call this number if you see it anywhere.
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Arewa1408: 4:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
dahnimoh:
They want to spoil biz for the guy

Maybe he didn't settle them

That is why its hard to make progress in Nigeria. Folks like you are part of our problem my chairman.
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by MirJay: 4:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
Sleekfingers:

na hunger go kill u....lazy youth go and carry load for nearby market......and na thunder go fire anybody dat give u any money on this platform

I won't exchange words with u. may u never be in need. Amen
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by iokpebholo: 4:12pm On Jun 26, 2020
Am sorry if I may sound very tribalistic but truth must be told,ibo ppl are d most dishonest tribe in Nigeria.They even go as far as faking drugs
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Sleekfingers: 4:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
MirJay:

I won't exchange words with u. may u never be in need. Amen

ok......but i told u what to do....i hate seeing youth begging online. There are lots of things to do....accept u are lazy....

Most youth have turned to online almajiri......
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Sleekfingers: 4:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
iokpebholo:
Am sorry if I may sound very tribalistic but truth must be told,ibo ppl are d most dishonest tribe in Nigeria.They even go as far as faking drugs

you nailed it......
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Bluffly: 4:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
This is the reason I haven't bought Honda Oil in Nigeria and have been going for OANDO Dextron 3 instead
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by AceVentura: 4:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
How did it come into the country? SON agents are at the ports collecting bribe & letting any rubbish come into the country.

Typical of Nigerian regulatory bodies. Chasing a black sheep @ nite.
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by pannyman(m): 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
How did SON conclude that it is substandard? They haven't even tested the oil yet. There are many other brands of oil out there that are good but do not have the SON certification. Such brands already have the certification of the relevant American agencies whose standards supersede even those our SON. Could this be a case of personally clash between an importer and somebody at SON? I won't be surprised if this is the case.
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by MirJay: 4:23pm On Jun 26, 2020
Sleekfingers:

ok......but i told u what to do....i hate seeing youth begging online. There are lots of things to do....accept u are lazy....

Most youth have turned to online almajiri......

Thank u Sir . I get your point but i just had to type what i typed because of the pain and hunger am passing through. I have done all i could this month to stay less hungry and paid my rent.
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2020
NaijaMemes:
Well, Mobil and Total engine oils are there to buy.

Too much fake in Nigeria!

Exactly! I buy Mobil or Total oil from the filling station. Even at that, I still monitor my car for the first few hours to spot any misbehavior. Oil is cheap, but engine and gearbox are not.
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Aderewah: 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2020
Factshunter:

grin grin grin grin

Ibos and figures. grin

Like, you'll be surprised they probably do just 10m or less daily. That's if they're very successful.
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
I rather use a fake engine oil from USA or Japan than use an original engine oil from Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LATEST AUTO SECURITY @ 38k. Now: 29,990 promo starting from 20th sept for 1mth / My Toyota Corolla 2006 Was Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja / Tokunbo Toyota Camry 2010 Model With Leather Seats: Price: N3.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.