Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani (38088 Views)

Photos Of Oshiomhole And Obaseki At Their Peace Meeting / Caption This Photo Of Oshiomhole And Kwankwaso / APC Convention: Saraki Reacts To Emergence Of Oshiomhole, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by Dansuqi: 8:35pm On Jun 26, 2020
slivertongue:
final interment awaits APC

What of your PDP? You have been saying this since forever
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by Dansuqi: 8:37pm On Jun 26, 2020
deboysben:

The thing tire me oo

Tinubu is fast becoming a political orphan

I want him to lose lagos too make lagos breathe for once.

When will t.a orji leave abia
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by emkz: 8:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
goshee:
As you are forcing this your tinubu down our throat let me listen to you. what are tinubus achievement as a governor and emperor of Yoruba politics since obj left power?

He installed three governors back to back in Lagos State.

His commissioner of works became a governor of Osun State.

He installed Lagos Senators back to back.

His boy used propaganda to run the PDP out of town in 2015.

His boy is the current House Speaker.

His protégé is the Vice President.

AND you are asking me to mention his accomplishment. Mention one politician who has accomplished this much since 1960. Just 1.
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by Mraphel: 9:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
goshee:
zik of Africa. Alex ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme to mention but a few
ZIK is a south western politician....Yoruba people made him to become who he his just like Buhari.

ZIK contested in a Party founded by d Yorubas

He's intelligence doesn't match that of Tinubu that founded a whole party.

Beside I did not quote you

1 Like

Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by earnit1: 9:34pm On Jun 26, 2020
hmmm
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by kunleham(m): 9:36pm On Jun 26, 2020
[quote author=Asgard13 post=91098032]Yoruba people are fighting for political survival... before they go political extinct in Nigeria politics

They’ve lost already before the fight began...

Tinubu and Yoruba loud mouth killed Yoruba .... don’t outshine your master...

When slaves start seeing themselves as masters .. then theres a problem..

In the north... there’s a political saying “ north can’t be slave to Yoruba”
I keep mentioning it on nairaland... but Yoruba will abuse ...
Who be Tinubu?
When Yoruba start to make noise for Nigeria ... to extend of seeing themselves as lord of Fulani? And having a power base in politics?

The new generation of Yoruba that don’t understand Nigeria politics crashed Yoruba political ship... and the ship is subbing gently till it finally sink..

Told them Fulani is in charge, in government, and in power... where are the yorubas in government... Yoruba no see wetin men see..

Oga leave matter jo. What have your gains or more generally Nigerians gain since Fulani man has been in power. Fulanis are holding power due to biuhari insensitivity to Nigeria pluralism.
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by deboysben(m): 9:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
Dansuqi:

When will t.a orji leave abia
that one will soon meet his waterloo

It's just matter of time.
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by Rapmoney(m): 9:41pm On Jun 26, 2020
festacman:
I disagree with this analysis.

The truth is that until recent dissolution of APC NWC, the governors who supported one of their own, Adams Oshiomole, got the shorter end of the stick in 2019 elections. Unfortunately, under Oshiomole their influence continued to wane from failure of their intervention in Ambode's case to that of Obaseki. It was obvious that APC secretariat tilted towards Tinubu, giving him undue advantage even before 2023 comes. Other interests fought back. The situation became so untidy with conflicting court rulings. Many blamed the president for aloofness and he acted decisively. Unfortunately Oshiomole being human, played himself into an ambush and down, he went with entire NWC.

Therefore, this recent dissolution of NWC has little to do with ascendancy of CPC bloc but, very much, with re-assertion of the fact that governors are the decisive factor in Nigerian party politics. Naturally, it will more difficult for Tinubu to enthrone his favourite as chairman again but he, sure, has a way of getting around.

A little of shock for you. I may be wrong but I do have a strong feeling that Asiwaju Tinubu was privy to Buhari's move to dissolve APC NWC yesterday and may have made inputs. Evidence: His statement the previous night calling on APC members "to rally round President Buhari". Second, his governors and loyalists attended. Third, there is no way some people would be contacted to be part of APC CTC without it leaking.

Your analysis is fake and shows political ignorance of a very high order.
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by darediamond(m): 9:42pm On Jun 26, 2020
Killdemboth:

Who are you warning idiotic monkey. We are smallie Igbos yet we withstood the entire nation in a bloody 3year war. Face the North in war alone first before you talk about your useless amotekun dream Aresnal. Funny people. Losers and cowards! Just try any pim and see fire!!
Only chestbeating you know.
What have you people done in Igbo land to arrest the Northern terrorists terrorizing you on your soil?

The Biafra War Plan was actually drawn by we Yorubas in the then Nigeria Army. Left to the Northerners alone they would likely be all decimated by you Igbos.

When it comes to war, we Oduduwas are Chief Master of it. Face Us, Face Death. No Tribe in Africa as ever fouth intra-tribal War for a long period of 17years!!! It is we Yorubas alone that have.

The London Documents about The extremely BRUTAL WAR and the accompanying peace cease-fire agreements of all the Kings involved is readily available for you to read.

The landmines detector strategy used against Baba Ojukwu and his extremely experienced Commandos and the rest of Biafran Army was masterminded by We SouthWesterners. Hmmmm.... Nna, I reapeat, this not about chestbeating. Do not fool yourself.

Tinubu a Traitor and a Moderous Hijacker is left alone by we Southwesterners to sink on it own Do not mean that any region especially North can Do anyhow against the Real God-Fathers of Yoruba Land at all Levels.
My friend, you know Not what the plans are.

Not even the Arrogant North in the faked population can withstand it if practically unfolded!!!!!

I repeat again this not chestbeating.

Agbekoya war is a sound warning to anything Millitary.
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by Killdemboth: 9:48pm On Jun 26, 2020
darediamond:

[s]Only chestbeating you know.
What have you people done in Igbo land to arrest the Northern terrorists terrorizing you on your soil?

The Biafra War Plan was actually drawn by we Yorubas in the then Nigeria Army. Left to the Northerners alone they would likely be all decimated by you Igbos.

When it comes to war, we Oduduwas are Chief Master of it. Face Us, Face Death. No Tribe in Africa as ever fouth intra-tribal War for a long period of 17years!!! It is we Yorubas alone that have.

The London Documents about The extremely BRUTAL WAR and the accompanying peace cease-fire agreements of all the Kings involved is readily available for you to read.

The landmines detector strategy used against Baba Ojukwu and his extremely experienced Commandos and the rest of Biafran Army was masterminded by We SouthWesterners. Hmmmm.... Nna, I reapeat, this not about chestbeating. Do not fool yourself.

Tinubu a Traitor and a Moderous Hijacker is left alone by we Southwesterners to sink on it own Do not mean that any region especially North can Do anyhow against the Real God-Fathers of Yoruba Land at all Levels.
My friend, you know Not what the plans are.

Not even the Arrogant North in the faked population can withstand it if practically unfolded!!!!!

I repeat again this not chestbeating.

Agbekoya war is a sound warning to anything Millitary.[/s]

Stop writing long nonsense..
Go and face the North that muscled your Tinubu to the corner. Stop crying.
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by myobjective: 9:49pm On Jun 26, 2020
LegendHero:

Lol, he is Igbo and several Igbos online have also took it as a full-time job to always drag Tinubu name in almost everything.

Could this be a kind of syndrome? What is the link between the Igbos and Tinubu to warrant such amount of animosity and attention from you guys?

Personally, I know it’s not only about Tinubu but it is about Yoruba leaders as a whole. The Igbos see Pro-Yoruba leaders as an obstacle to them and I don’t know the reason why.

They also hated Awolowo even in death and Abiola was not spared either.

I’m very sure they hate Osinbajo too and the reason why the hate on Osinbajo is not yet pronounced was that the Yoruba caucus intentionally shifted the beam from him coz we are protecting him.

If Osinbajo had been put on the frontline like Tinubu was, they will shift from Tinubu and pour their hate on Osinbajo too. I only pity the Yorubas that are falling for the gimmicks of Godfatherism that these guys always say as their reason for hating on Tinubu.

Bro, you are on point. It is Yoruba they hate not Tinubu, hey just see Tinubu as the Yoruba with the best chance to be Nigeria president.

I don't know their obsession with Yoruba. I live in the north, where the Hausa-Fulani would not even blink an eye to chastised the Igbos while giving Yoruba indigenship and most time lucrative jobs in their civil services and institutions all thanks to cultural and religious similarity.

If I'm to choose between the major ethnic groups in Nigeria, I will choose the Hausa a million time over the Igbos. They hate us despite all the accommodation we have given to them. Time for political correctness is over, their war against Tinubu is a war against the Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by darediamond(m): 9:54pm On Jun 26, 2020
Killdemboth:

Stop writing long nonsense..
Go and face the North that muscled your Tinubu to the corner. Stop crying.
Tinubu is not ours!!!
He is for himself like I said ealier.
He is left alone to sink on it own since he refused the warnings of the Elders in Yorubaland.

You do not even have any reasonable reply to give about the facts I raised. Only just about Tinubu this and that.

Is that how your Igbo Millitia or do I say Millitary in "NigeriA" army wanna cage us if we decided to declare ODUDUWA Republic anytime?

You are Sure Indomie Generation Set!!!

What abuse do wanna bring on again now son of Israel
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by myobjective: 9:57pm On Jun 26, 2020
Urchman200:
our major undoing is hating on each other from the south it is not going to help any of the southern regions politically the earlier we understand this the better for us all seriously.

There is no such thing as southern Nigeria. We the Yoruba people of southwestern Nigeria are not interested in any unity with the Igbos, they don't like us and they always wish for our downfall. Form now henceforth, we wouldn't pretend that we like them also, we will start treating them the way the core northerners they love so much treat them in Kano, Kaduna and other northern cities.

As for the north, only a naive individual ill believe the narrative that the north is such a homogenous utopia, where people have no mind of their own and vote one candidate.
Buhari was the concessors, core-northern candidates, three different times and he lost all of them. That is should be a pointer to how dynamic Nigeria politics is.

1 Like

Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by Turantula(m): 10:01pm On Jun 26, 2020
festacman:

We give the North too much credit and invincibility. Pres. Buhari tried several and failed until he aligned with other parts of the country. So, no one or even two regions of this country will win power without at least a strong tripod. By the way, the impression that North is politically monolithic is just a myth. Politics is about personal aspirations and interests.

Personally, my take on 2023 is that power should rotate to South and if it doesn't, the South should pull out of the elections with the likely consequences unknown to nobody. There is always a deal-breaking point.
There is nothing like South, maybe you were referring to the West or Better South
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by Killdemboth: 10:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
darediamond:

[s]Tinubu is not ours!!!
He is for himself like I said ealier.
He is left alone to sink on it own since he refused the warnings of the Elders in Yorubaland.

You do not even have any reasonable reply to give about the facts I raised. Only just about Tinubu this and that.

Is that how your Igbo Millitia or do I say Millitary in "NigeriA" army wanna cage us if we decided to declare ODUDUWA Republic anytime?

You are Sure Indomie Generation Set!!!

What abuse do wanna bring on again now son of Israel[/s]

Shut up Tinubu is Yoruba god and father-father. Go console him my friend! tongue tongue
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by darediamond(m): 10:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
Killdemboth:

Shut up Tinubu is Yoruba god and father-father. Go console him my friend! tongue tongue
Baby!!
I said it, you are idomie generation.

Either Tinubu or Tinubu Igbos have lost it long time ago.
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by LegendHero(m): 10:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
myobjective:

Bro, you are on point. It is Yoruba they hate not Tinubu, hey just see Tinubu as the Yoruba with the best chance to be Nigeria president.

I don't know their obsession with Yoruba. I live in the north, where the Hausa-Fulani would not even blink an eye to chastised the Igbos while giving Yoruba indigenship and most time lucrative jobs in their civil services and institutions all thanks to cultural and religious similarity.

If I'm to choose between the major ethnic groups in Nigeria, I will choose the Hausa a million time over the Igbos. They hate us despite all the accommodation we have given to them. Time for political correctness is over, their war against Tinubu is a war against the Yoruba.

On point bro.

Their obsessions on Yoruba leaders is just ridiculous and starting to seems like a neurological disorder. They always try to find a way to hate even when we never reciprocated on their own leaders.

You’ve said most of the things bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by goshee: 10:19pm On Jun 26, 2020
emkz:

He installed three governors back to back in Lagos State.

His commissioner of works became a governor of Osun State.

He installed Lagos Senators back to back.

His boy used propaganda to run the PDP out of town in 2015.

His boy is the current House Speaker.

His protégé is the Vice President.

AND you are asking me to mention his accomplishment. Mention one politician who has accomplished this much since 1960. Just 1.
Interesting. you mean if tinubu doesn't install governors in Lagos and other south western states there won't be governors? Certainly some people must be governors of those state weda tinubu install or uninstall them. a person certainly would be VP SP ministers and so on with or without tinubu. as far as sane minds are concerned installing or uninstalling governors, ministers, commissioner etc isn't achievement in the side of the citizenry hence the campaign to end godfatherism. By the way why are you taking political godfatherism to mean success in south west? but quick to shout 'O to gee' in kwara state? To remain a political servitude till death in the hands of a superior political associate seems be running in the veins of the yorubas.

Need I tell you that all the political actors in Enugu since 1999 were all product of the then governor of the state Sen. Dr Chimaroke Nnamani and he has created two governors, ministers, senators, Senate president, deputy senate president, to say nothing of HoR, members, state HoA, Chairmen and commissioners but today he's just a popular politician in Enugu and no body goes to tell him before sleeping with his wife.

Secondly Orji Kalu produced almost the whole politicians in abia state and he's still relevant politically till today but nobody greets him before taking their night food.

At a point in Anambra state, the Ubas were the emperors of the politics of anambra, installing and uninstalling governors at will but today the politics of anambra state na all man OYO

Remember peter Odilis political machination that produces Ameachi, wike and the power brokers in the state currently. the still respect the man but non take excuse from him before chyking a girl.

I can go on and on and the shows that igobos are characteristically independent minded and were not born to serve till death. at a point a master has to settle his apprentice and allow his do his thing his way.

That ball-less Yoruba politicians have decided to serve tinubu to their graves just like Ajimobi is their own low and shouldn't be attributed to any mans success. it's just in them like peak.

las las political godfatherism doesn't equate to success. tinubu or not their must be different people in those positions you felt he install people. remember he held some people down to install his stooge. thanks
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by 7lives: 10:23pm On Jun 26, 2020
JAMO84:
According to this miserable writer, the CPC block are plotting to oust the ACN which was the real brain behind the fortune they are enjoying now.

Assuming this useless article is even right, will Bola Tinubu continue to keep the ACN block in APC? Will Yoruba not feel betrayed and vote against the north in 2023? Will such betrayal not lead to southern unity which is the last thing the north want to see?

I AM DONE TALKING

Did you see the afro hair cut on the writers head?.
It reminds me of the Lawma dumpster, the mans head is really full of trash.
Tinubu will keep his joker to his chest, no amount of nonsense will make BAT show his game plan.
Let them contnue to post their usual cock and bull stories up and down, Tinubu's koboko dey where he keep am, he will only use it when it's extremely necessary.

1 Like

Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by 7lives: 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
myobjective:

There is no such thing as southern Nigeria. We the Yoruba people of southwestern Nigeria are not interested in any unity with the Igbos, they don't like us and they always wish for our downfall. Form now henceforth, we wouldn't pretend that we like them also, we will start treating them the way the core northerners they love so much treat them in Kano, Kaduna and other northern cities.

As for the north, only a naive individual ill believe the narrative that the north is such a homogenous utopia, where people have no mind of their own and vote one candidate.
Buhari was the concessors, core-northern candidates, three different times and he lost all of them. That is should be a pointer to how dynamic Nigeria politics is.

Stop being nice with him, Igbos been dieing to subjugate Yorubas and other fellow Nigerians even before independence.
This is why they hate Awolowo and now Tinubu, any Yoruba leader who will stand against this agenda is an enemy that must be destroyed.
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by bakila: 10:48pm On Jun 26, 2020
JAMO84:
According to this miserable writer, the CPC block are plotting to oust the ACN which was the real brain behind the fortune they are enjoying now.

Assuming this useless article is even right, will Bola Tinubu continue to keep the ACN block in APC? Will Yoruba not feel betrayed and vote against the north in 2023? Will such betrayal not lead to southern unity which is the last thing the north want to see?

I AM DONE TALKING
Those in the CPC bloc think they took care of southern unity, which historically has never existed in politics by:
1. Getting the S/E to be less resistant to APC. That was achieved by what happened to Imo and Anamba gubernatorial elections.
2. The S/S will not unit with Tinubu based on what happened to GEJ in 2015.
3. The S/S have some "since of belonging" in a broad sense with people like Ameachi, The DSP of Senate, Keyamo, Akpabio and the NDDC grabbers of APC, who are not Tinubu's people.
4. Tinubu has his political demons in the SW who are will to state a new Otoge in the SW, to grap power.
This is what the CPC bloc are banking on, in addition to their gullible supporters in the north.
Meanwhile, God can catch Tinbubu and the CPC bloc in one swop and they will all lose from over confidence.
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by Icedinhoemma(m): 11:33pm On Jun 26, 2020
Adam Adam.......

Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by brainfordetails: 11:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
Year 2020 is going to be a year or reckoning for all Nigerian politicians. grin
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by slivertongue: 12:28am On Jun 27, 2020
Dansuqi:

What of your PDP? You have been saying this since forever
. so u still get mouth after failing to take advice
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by Urchman200: 2:26am On Jun 27, 2020
myobjective:

my brother forget politics ,this southern hate on each other was the way our colonial masters structure the leadership of Nigeria to ensure disagreements within each other,where a president will come from the south and vice from the north ,so the north use any of the southern regions to it's advantage as at when they need them because of their bigger population.on the issue of treating the igbos the way the north treat them,my brother I don't know the igbos u are talking about and how the north treat them,if is about violent attack igboman has the ability to defend himself as at when do , u need to do more research about how igboman lives in the northern Nigeria
. he will retaliate,nobody or regions has monopoly of violence.
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by Billygee2u: 2:50am On Jun 27, 2020
Ogonimilitant:
Nothing is coming of Tinubu
He is politically dead.
No1 mugu.
modern-day Afonja
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by Classicool(m): 3:05am On Jun 27, 2020
Alien conquerors at the game they play best.... they take a weaker powerbroker.... set him up against the stronger one.... use them to destroy each other and eventually come on top to enslave all.... any internal tension that would put Futa Jalon at the top of the game is suicidal.... let history guide you as you pop chanpaigne in celebration of the indirect attacks against the Lion of Bourdillon that when Lawrence of Arabia support desert men against the Ottomans.... it is to enslave both the Ottomans and Arabs.
History lessons:
Futa Jalon could not conquer Nupe during the reign of Etsu Ma'azu.... they waited until his death and a succession battle between two princes Majiya and Jimada.... Futa Jalon joined with Majiya against Jimada.... after an internal tension that weakened both sides.... it took a formidable emirate it could not conquer in battle and annexed it into the Fulani empire at Gwandu.
During the internal tensions between Afonja of Ilorin and Oyo.... the Jihadists sided with Afonja.... used him to infiltrate the powerbase of Oyo.... and ultimately destroyed both powerbases at Ilorin and Oyo.... they would have ultimatedly subjugate the whole Yoruba race with the momentum... Thanks to the formidable warriors at Ibadan.
During the Ekiti parapo war.... Futa Jalon closely monitored progress.... pitching tent with Ijesha and Ekiti... patiently waiting for both sides to run each other down and weaken enough for them to cash in.... the Emir at Ilorin greatly celebrated the Civil War and said in confidence that.... ' with this war, we might yet sink the Quoran in the sea.'
A similar situation happened in the second republic. Zik was in alliance with Futa Jalon.... while another Igbo man as vice was a leading candidate of succession of Shagari.... in the normal divide and conquer games.... they brought back Ojukwu from exile with full pardons and he set to work immediately to destroy Zik's powerbase in the East and take advantage to subjugate the East into silence and south by extension.
MKO.... after he had been successfully used to frustrate Awolowo's powerbase in the west.... he was thrown aside after both Awolowo and MKO had been chekmated from the center.
In the first republic.... they cashed in on the tension between Awo and Zik.... hoping to take both sides as mistresses they intend to constantly play against each other as they ruthlessly hold on the power at the center.... when Awolowo refused to play along as a side mistress waiting for his turn to be romanced .... he was ruthless taken out of the way and a replacement for him among his people found for the job.
The current internal tension in APC is a clever attempt to pitch one faction of the south against the other in an attempt to divide and conquer all... a clever positioning for future elections. This is the much bigger picture... and a machavelic game of thrones of Futa Jalon we must all work together to destoy in our generation.
This is not about Tinubu as an individual... it is a much bigger picture.... he is the major obstacle to Futa Jalon infiltration into the South ( most especially southwest).... getting him out of the way now without a replacement is not only dangerous but sucidal.... for as long as Futa Jalon is on top ready to cash in on his downfall....

© Gbonka Ebiri

2 Likes

Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by antifat(m): 8:57am On Jun 27, 2020
Interesting write up!
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:45am On Jun 27, 2020
festacman:
I disagree with this analysis.

The truth is that until recent dissolution of APC NWC, the governors who supported one of their own, Adams Oshiomole, got the shorter end of the stick in 2019 elections. Unfortunately, under Oshiomole their influence continued to wane from failure of their intervention in Ambode's case to that of Obaseki. It was obvious that APC secretariat tilted towards Tinubu, giving him undue advantage even before 2023 comes. Other interests fought back. The situation became so untidy with conflicting court rulings. Many blamed the president for aloofness and he acted decisively. Unfortunately Oshiomole being human, played himself into an ambush and down, he went with entire NWC.

Therefore, this recent dissolution of NWC has little to do with ascendancy of CPC bloc but, very much, with re-assertion of the fact that governors are the decisive factor in Nigerian party politics. Naturally, it will more difficult for Tinubu to enthrone his favourite as chairman again but he, sure, has a way of getting around.

A little of shock for you. I may be wrong but I do have a strong feeling that Asiwaju Tinubu was privy to Buhari's move to dissolve APC NWC yesterday and may have made inputs. Evidence: His statement the previous night calling on APC members "to rally round President Buhari". Second, his governors and loyalists attended. Third, there is no way some people would be contacted to be part of APC CTC without it leaking.

I agree with a lot of things you wrote but let me also add that Tinubu himself is the harbinger of his own rope. He should have let Ambode be. If he had listened to the plea of everyone including the president, oshiomole would have no moral ground to attempt godfathering obaseki. Even if he made such attempt, Tinubu would have the moral right to caution him. The fact is oshiomole being chairman was never going to sit well with the ambitious govs and the way obaseki stuck his heels from home left his flank exposed. Thus leaving the door open for fifth columnists.
Secondly, political supporters of Tinubu should realise by now that the concept of Tinubu boys is damn overrated and should be moderated. The person who called for Buhari's intervention in this matter is none else than Lawan the SP, while Fayemi and Bagudu provided the blueprint which produced Buni. I'm sure on any other day, most of these supporters will claim Lawan as a Tinubu boy but he marched into Aso rock and gave such advice without consulting Tinubu. This shows that interests and alignment change and the concept of boys is really overrated.
Lastly, I have seen some Yorubas who are now mouthing southern unity. This is an insult on the rest of the south. We need to wake up to reality. The rest of the south are not so stupid to welcome you with open arms after you "betrayed" them in 2015 just because things did not go as you expected in your alliance with the north. We need to realise southern unity should be a political agenda like restructuring and not a gimmick. Because it's until we have southern unity that restructuring can ever be possible.

P.S: While you may be right about Tinubu's knowledge of the CTC formation, it does not mean he was consulted and obviously could not have supported it. From all indications, it's obvious the harbingers are none else than Fayemi NGF and Bagudu PGF.
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by ernieboy(m): 11:46am On Jun 27, 2020
BlackfireX:
Tinubu will move the senate to impeach and remove buhari, then osinbajo will take over , then by 2023 tinubu will become the president... It is a win win for SW and jagaban of African politics.
let's assume your scenario comes to pass, osibanjo nor Sabi do president shebi? besides tinubu cannot sway the Senate to go against the president
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by Dansuqi: 11:46am On Jun 27, 2020
slivertongue:

so u still get mouth after failing to take advice

Pdp is meant to always come behind APC.pray they are not displaced from top four like arsenal
Re: Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani by basybasy: 11:52am On Jun 27, 2020
Ogonimilitant:
Nothing is coming of Tinubu
He is politically dead.
No1 mugu.
modern-day Afonja
just be deceiving urself. CPC will never be allowed to present another candidate in 2023. As far as Swest is concerned, Akeredolu or Fayemi cannot stop Tinubu. They are small boys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kingpin Arrested With His Family While Trying To Escape (Pics) / APC Crisis: Shehu Sani Speaks On Being Part Of Plot To Impeach Saraki / We Gave (BRIBE) Lawmakers N17bn To Pass 2015 Budget - Okonjo-iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.