Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Covid-19 And Handshake - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19 And Handshake (368 Views)

NCC Clears Doubts Over 5G, COVID-19 And Security / Shocking Cure For Covid 19 And The Big Problem Nigeria Is About To Face Dis Year / Coronavirus: Italy To Ban Kissing, Hugging And Handshake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19 And Handshake by niceguy555: 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2020
Hello everyone. There is need to write this because it's trending currently. You will agree with me that before now, handshake is one important sign of greeting. Most people when they come across others usually stretch hand to compliment a greeting. But as a result of the rise of corona virus diseases outbreak, the health department has advised everyone to desist from hugging, touching and even shaking hands with others so as to avoid contracting the covid-19 disease from someone who is a carrier of the diseases whether knowingly or unknowingly.

Now, most people are not observing this protective measure even though we hear of daily increase of covid-19 cases here in Nigeria. Some have even dismissed it as scam and concluded that covid-19 is not real, whereas people are dying on daily basis from this outbreak. Whenever I come in contact with people, they stretch their hands expecting me to do same so we can greet as usual. Many times I have decline this gesture and rather close my palm before stretching it so we can both hit our palms together or what you people called knuckles.

A friend told me I embarrassed him simply because I refuse to shake hand with him. To me, this isn't embarrassment in any form. I am only trying to apply caution cos prevention I know it's better than stress. An elder in my neighborhood equally responded immediately I refused shaking hand wit him. He forced my hand into his, this didn't please me. But I just smiled and walk away. Pls friends, how do you see this my response. Could this really be embarrassment. Has anyone experienced this situation? Am I doing the right thing by not shaking hands? Am just being skeptical. Pls contribute.

Admin, abeg help me carry dis load go front page. It wil be informative for all
Re: Covid-19 And Handshake by chinwezdasilva: 9:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
Ogbeni, no be by not shaking person
Re: Covid-19 And Handshake by niceguy555: 10:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
chinwezdasilva:
Ogbeni, no be by not shaking person

Alaye, that one self follow. You have no idea the number of person who got contracted simply because they shook hand with someone. Wetin u no know big pass u ni
Re: Covid-19 And Handshake by chinwezdasilva: 11:43pm On Jun 26, 2020
niceguy555:

Alaye, that one self follow. You have no idea the number of person who got contracted simply because they shook hand with someone. Wetin u no know big pass u ni
are they dead?
Re: Covid-19 And Handshake by niceguy555: 7:21am On Jun 27, 2020
chinwezdasilva:
are they dead?
Yes. Some have died while others are recovering. If dis covid-19 touch u, u go see pepper
Re: Covid-19 And Handshake by chinwezdasilva: 11:19am On Jun 27, 2020
niceguy555:
Yes. Some have died while others are recovering. If dis covid-19 touch u, u go see pepper
you know whether em Don touch me, whether I Don recover, you know whether I dey immune to am
Re: Covid-19 And Handshake by chinwezdasilva: 11:20am On Jun 27, 2020
niceguy555:
is that you don't want to go to heaven
Re: Covid-19 And Handshake by niceguy555: 2:24pm On Jun 27, 2020
chinwezdasilva:
is that you don't want to go to heaven
See this guy o. I already have a slot in heaven, beside it is said that "Heaven help those who help themselves"
Re: Covid-19 And Handshake by chinwezdasilva: 2:35pm On Jun 27, 2020
niceguy555:
See this guy o. I already have a slot in heaven, beside it is said that "Heaven help those who help themselves"
pastor niceguy555 which verse please? I'm interested

(1) (Reply)

I Am Seriously In Pain HELP! / llll / Get Ride Of Toothache, Tooth Decay And Mouth Odour.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.