Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop (1135 Views)

Useful Tips To Consider Before Buying A Second-hand Laptop / NEW LAPTOP ARRIVALS. THREAD UPDATED!!!!! / Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by midasbliss(f): 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2020
Hi,
Good day everyone. Please I need help in buying a new laptop. I have zero knowledge in this field and will really need your suggestions.

Stuff Ill need it for

photoshop
Video editing with hitfilms
Blogging

Budget ranges from 50 - 100k embarassed
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by RedPhoenix: 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2020
I can help

Go for 2GB Nvidia Graphics Memory

1GB TB Hard Disk

If you find 16gb Ram laptop, it's better because of the speed such laptop will give ( Though a processor plays important role )

HP will be a good buy because of its screen brightness

Choose a laptop with a dual core or octa core processor

DO NOT BUY A LAPTOP THAT'S A PENTIUM OR INTEL CELERON OR AMD.

Look For a Core i7 Laptop

Look for a laptop with a minimum battery life of 4 hours because of power issues

If you look out for these specs online, you'll get an amazing laptop

If you were my sister or mental though, I would counsel setting aside 18k for a laptop power bank that gives you access to 12 - 15 hours of power away from PHCN, this is asides the 4 hours laptop battery I asked you to look out for.

If you have this complete system, it will significantly boost your productivity

So

Core i7
Dual/Octa core processor
4 - 8 Hours battery life
2Gb Nvidia Graphics Card
8 or 16gb RAM
1TB Hard disk

I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by midasbliss(f): 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2020
RedPhoenix:
I can help
please do.
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by midasbliss(f): 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2020
RedPhoenix:
I can help

1GB TB Hard Disk

If you find 16gb Ram laptop, it's better because of the speed such laptop will give ( Though a processor plays important role )

Look for a laptop with a minimum battery life of 4 hours because of power issues

If you were my sister or mental though, I would counsel setting aside 18k for a laptop power bank that gives you access to 12 - 15 hours of power away from PHCN, this is asides the 4 hours laptop battery I asked you to look out for.

I hope this helps

This now will be amounting to how much? And do you have any specific product you can suggest to me?
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by RedPhoenix: 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2020
midasbliss:

This now will be amounting to how much? And do you have any specific product you can suggest to me?

Yes. I can suggest. Do you want a neatly used foreign laptop or a brand new or a Nigerian used. This is what determines the site/seller I will refer you to

Your preference ( New, Fairly, Locally used ) will determine the cost to be spent

I can get all this for example in a UK neatly used laptop around 70-75k and have 20k change for the laptop inverter
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by midasbliss(f): 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Yes. I can suggest. Do you want a neatly used foreign laptop or a brand new or a Nigerian used. This is what determines the site/seller I will refer you to

Your preference ( New, Fairly, Locally used ) will determine the cost to be spent

I can get all this for example in a UK neatly used laptop around 70-75k and have 20k change for the laptop inverter
Ah! UK neatly used will do.
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by RedPhoenix: 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2020
midasbliss:

Ah! UK neatly used will do.

Good. Your city and state? Can you come to Ikeja?
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by midasbliss(f): 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Good. Your city and state? Can you come to Ikeja?

I'm currently in Kano, going back to Ilorin soon.
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by RedPhoenix: 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2020
midasbliss:

I'm currently in Kano, going back to Ilorin soon.

Lol. Are these places in Nigeria grin
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by midasbliss(f): 5:19pm On Jun 27, 2020
Lol. Niger. But I truly need help.
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by HisExcellence(m): 5:20pm On Jun 27, 2020
RedPhoenix:
I can help

1GB TB Hard Disk

So

Core i7
Dual/Octa core processor
4 - 8 Hours battery life
2Gb Nvidia Graphics Card
8 or 16gb RAM
1TB Hard disk

I hope this helps

Can you help me with this specification?
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by RedPhoenix: 5:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
HisExcellence:

Can you help me with this specification?

Yes. Are you a ready buyer? Are you in Lagos?
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by HisExcellence(m): 5:30pm On Jun 27, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Yes. Are you a ready buyer? Are you in Lagos?

Yes am I was at Ikeja today, do you have the pictures of the said laptop on your phone?
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by RedPhoenix: 5:51pm On Jun 27, 2020
midasbliss:

Lol, so you're not gonna reply me because I'm not in Lagos. grin Thanks for the help so far anyways.

Smiles. Contact me on WhatsApp. Distance or location isn't a barrier in modern day's business. If you're ready, both the laptop inverter and the laptop can be at your doorstep within days
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by midasbliss(f): 6:07pm On Jun 27, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Smiles. Contact me on WhatsApp. Distance or location isn't a barrier in modern day's business. If you're ready, both the laptop inverter and the laptop can be at your doorstep within days

No wahala
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by davidadenrele: 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2020
Hello.

I can help you as well equally advise you you can reach me on 08023900627 via call or whatsapp

Regards

David
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by midasbliss(f): 2:27am On Jun 28, 2020
davidadenrele:
Hello.

I can help you as well equally advise you you can reach me on 08023900627 via call or whatsapp

Regards

David

All right. Will contact you
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by mcdokwe(m): 11:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
With your budget, all you may hope to get is an Intel celeron since you're specific about buying a new one, unless you're settling for a used one.

2 Likes

Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by midasbliss(f): 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2020
mcdokwe:
With your budget, all you may hope to get is an Intel celeron since you're specific about buying a new one, unless you're settling for a used one.

Will a budget of 150k get me a good new laptop? Sceptical about used.
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by Marlodah(m): 12:30pm On Jun 30, 2020
midasbliss:

No but Uk used very clean
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by midasbliss(f): 1:20pm On Jun 30, 2020
Marlodah:

No but Uk used very clean
lol. It's well. Thanks
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by FluxEmpire(m): 1:21pm On Jun 30, 2020
Good afternoon Ma,
If you've not gotten the brand new laptop you are pinning for, I may want to introduce our brand new laptops which we sell but first and foremost, your budget is almost impossible to get a new laptop based on the recommended specs listed to you above... You might be lucky to get an open box but for a brand new, that's more like searching for gold in snow.

Kindly, check this link below to see some of our brand new laptops we have in stock:

https://www.nairaland.com/5953478/brand-new-laptops-available-factory

where we have one slightly above your budget but not fully what was recommended to you above, spec-wise; and that is the HP 250 (G6) which is the only one around your budget. Before you make any decision, please read through this link where someone who bought a similar laptop used it to carry out the same activities you intend to carry out; then you can make your final decision. This is the link below:

https://www.laptoparena.net/blog/laptop-hp-250-g6-review/

1 Like

Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by mcdokwe(m): 1:23pm On Jun 30, 2020
midasbliss:

Sure, a lot.

Hp-15 intel Core i3 -5005U / 4GB Memory /1TB hdd/ Intel HD Graphics - UMA 15.6 HD Antiglare slim SVA /DVD-RW / Black / Windows 10 @ 145k delivery is free.

Use this Hp-15 intel Core i3 -5005U to search for it online.

Call or WhatsApp 08065145793 let's talk if you're interested.

1 Like

Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by FluxEmpire(m): 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2020
Please read about the pros and cons and then you can make up your mind to see if it's worth it investing your money on our laptop or not.

I'm not offering our goods for you to buy but to weigh every options and possibilities, then make up your mind because we prefer the happiness and satisfaction of our customers and it costs us more to have a disappointed customer.

PS If you would still want to proceed with purchasing from us, you can get in touch with me on the number seen on my profile.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Do have a wonderful day; Ma.
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by midasbliss(f): 11:21am On Jul 01, 2020
mcdokwe:

Sure, a lot.

Hp-15 intel Core i3 -5005U / 4GB Memory /1TB hdd/ Intel HD Graphics - UMA 15.6 HD Antiglare slim SVA /DVD-RW / Black / Windows 10 @ 145k delivery is free.

Use this Hp-15 intel Core i3 -5005U to search for it online.

Call or WhatsApp 08065145793 let's talk if you're interested.

Thank you.
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by midasbliss(f): 11:23am On Jul 01, 2020
FluxEmpire:
Please read about the pros and cons and then you can make up your mind to see if it's worth it investing your money on our laptop or not.

I'm not offering our goods for you to buy but to weigh every options and possibilities, then make up your mind because we prefer the happiness and satisfaction of our customers and it costs us more to have a disappointed customer.

PS If you would still want to proceed with purchasing from us, you can get in touch with me on the number seen on my profile.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Do have a wonderful day; Ma.

Thank you.
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by EngrBouss(m): 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2020
Okay I will suggest you do this,

With you budget of 70-100k

Get US/UK used laptop

Intel Core i3 or i5
256g SSD
64 bit system : watch out for this

Hp/Dell it doesn’t matter

Note: the SSD ensures your system doesn’t crash in the future.

A GPU will be awesome but that cost here.
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by 2horsePOWER(m): 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2020
midasbliss:
Hi,
Good day everyone. Please I need help in buying a new laptop. I have zero knowledge in this field and will really need your suggestions.

Stiff Ill need it for

photoshop
Video editing with hitfilms
Blogging

Budget ranges from 50 - 100k embarassed

OP
Contact Rakiticbarca
He's an Oga in the laptop business. I'm sure he has something that fits your budget.

P/s I bought my laptop(mobile workstation) from him

1 Like

Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by FluxEmpire(m): 12:51am On Jul 02, 2020
midasbliss:

Thank you.
You're most welcome.
Re: Need HELP In Buying A NEW Laptop by midasbliss(f): 10:37am On Jul 03, 2020
EngrBouss:
Okay I will suggest you do this,

With you budget of 70-100k

Get US/UK used laptop

Intel Core i3 or i5
256g SSD
64 bit system : watch out for this

Hp/Dell it doesn’t matter

Note: the SSD ensures your system doesn’t crash in the future.

A GPU will be awesome but that cost here.

Really appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

Make Free Calls To Any Part Of The World: It's Easy! / Which Among These Is Best For Internet Browsing. / Help! Images Appear Blurry On My Laptop!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.