Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,005 members, 7,866,805 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:41 AM

What Is The Lazy Dude Doing, Call A State Of Emergency Now! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Lazy Dude Doing, Call A State Of Emergency Now! (751 Views)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / Donald Trump: ''Africans Are Lazy Fools Only Good At Lovemaking And Stealing” / Photo: This Young Dude Is President Buhari's PA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Lazy Dude Doing, Call A State Of Emergency Now! by LoveKing(m): 2:38pm On Jan 30, 2011
I think GEJ is the most confused dude on this jos debacle, he is busy on re-election and his goons (Beaf and co) keep on spraying perfume on his azz. They log on to Nairaland and see gory pictures of babies murdered in Jos and the North, they keep mum. They are afraid to speak out against this lazy dude.

GEJ be a man and call for a state of emergency now in Jos. Stop being a dundee for once!!!! angry
Re: What Is The Lazy Dude Doing, Call A State Of Emergency Now! by PapaBrowne(m): 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2011
Can you please, in all your wisdom, help me understand what it means to call a "state of emergency" and how calling it eventually translates to safety of lives and property for the people of Jos??

Does calling a state of emergency bring to the perpetrators of the violence a sense of decorum or is it a magic phrase that automatically brings paralysis to those that go around maiming fellow humans? I really don't understand this call for a state of emergency in a situation that is in itself much worse than an emergency!!
Why don't you just call for a state of catastrophy, which is a better description for what is going on in Jos??

And one very big question; Why is it always the Hausa/Fulani calling for a state of emergency??
Re: What Is The Lazy Dude Doing, Call A State Of Emergency Now! by LoveKing(m): 6:29pm On Jan 30, 2011
@Papabrowne

You are just beating around the bush. You didnt give any solution at all. So the senseless killings should continue or what are you saying? what are the feelers from abuja? what are those thieves saying from abuja?
Re: What Is The Lazy Dude Doing, Call A State Of Emergency Now! by londoner: 6:32pm On Jan 30, 2011
A state of emergency should be called, because someone who obviously does not know what he is doing is in charge of Nigeria.
Re: What Is The Lazy Dude Doing, Call A State Of Emergency Now! by LoveKing(m): 6:36pm On Jan 30, 2011
londoner:

A state of emergency should be called, because someone who obviously does not know what he is doing is in charge of Nigeria.

Thank You brother.
Re: What Is The Lazy Dude Doing, Call A State Of Emergency Now! by Mobinga: 7:28pm On Jan 30, 2011
A stat
PapaBrowne:

Can you please, in all your wisdom, help me understand what it means to call a "state of emergency" and how calling it eventually translates to safety of lives and property for the people of Jos??

Does calling a state of emergency bring to the perpetrators of the violence a sense of decorum or is it a magic phrase that automatically brings paralysis to those that go around maiming fellow humans? I really don't understand this call for a state of emergency in a situation that is in itself much worse than an emergency!!
Why don't you just call for a state of catastrophy, which is a better description for what is going on in Jos??

And one very big question; Why is it always the Hausa/Fulani calling for a state of emergency??
Is there any peace now there's no SoE?
Re: What Is The Lazy Dude Doing, Call A State Of Emergency Now! by PapaBrowne(m): 7:40pm On Jan 30, 2011
A state of emergency is a governmental declaration that may suspend some normal functions of the executive, legislative and judicial powers, alert citizens to change their normal behaviors, or order government agencies to implement emergency preparedness plans. It can also be used as a rationale for suspending rights and freedoms, even if guaranteed under the constitution. Such declarations usually come during a time of natural or man made disaster, during periods of civil unrest, or following a declaration of war or situation of international or internal armed conflict. Justitium is its equivalent in Roman law.

In some countries, the state of emergency and its effects on human rights and freedoms and governmental procedure are regulated by the constitution and/or a law that limits the powers that may be invoked. Rights and freedoms may be suspended during an emergency, for instance, freedom of movement, but not non-derogable rights.[1] In many countries it is illegal to modify the emergency law or the constitution during the emergency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_emergency

^^^That there, is the definition of a state of emergency!!

Truth is, without making a formal declaration, I think the city is already in a state of emergency and Government has done what would be done in a state of emergency! There is a curfew,  soldiers are deployed, freedoms are limited and a whole lot other measures have been taken! The only thing that hasn't been done is the suspension of executive, legislative and judicial powers!!

Now, given the peculiarity of the crisis, do you think it is wise to suspend the democratic instruments of government?? If you do so, it would only serve to aggravate the crisis as the Berom, who would be the ones to loose out in such an arrangement would take their angst to the very next level of violence! Declaring a state of emergency is counter productive.

What should be done, in my humble opinion is to get to the root of the hatred and solve the fundamentals!! If that would require relocating some people, then so be it! If it requires taking out politicians responsible for the crises, then so be it. If it requires a total re-allocation of land and resources, then so be it!!
Afterwards, reconciliation, where possible would be compulsory!!

The bottomline is getting the the root causes of the crises and begin solving it from that point!!!
Re: What Is The Lazy Dude Doing, Call A State Of Emergency Now! by LoveKing(m): 8:41pm On Jan 30, 2011
PapaBrowne:

^^^That there, is the definition of a state of emergency!!

Truth is, without making a formal declaration, I think the city is already in a state of emergency and Government has done what would be done in a state of emergency! There is a curfew,  soldiers are deployed, freedoms are limited and a whole lot other measures have been taken! The only thing that hasn't been done is the suspension of executive, legislative and judicial powers!!

Thats a total lie. Theres no SOE in jos. who are you defending?
Re: What Is The Lazy Dude Doing, Call A State Of Emergency Now! by PapaBrowne(m): 11:10pm On Jan 30, 2011
^^^Better use of our thinking faculties would be useful, Mr!!
My point is simple! Despite the fact that there is no official declaration of a state of emergency, in practice there is already a state of emergency minus the dismantling of democratic structures!!
Re: What Is The Lazy Dude Doing, Call A State Of Emergency Now! by soldee: 12:18am On Jan 31, 2011
A state of emergency means taking power out of an incompetent leaders' hands and putting it directly in the hands of one who would take swift orders and execute them to the letter. Unfortunately, GEJ who should be declaring the state of emergency is just as incompetentent as that idiot Jang. Even if he declared a state of emergency, the buffoon wouldn't know what orders to give!

GEJ himself needs a state of emergency declared on his presidency at this rate!
Re: What Is The Lazy Dude Doing, Call A State Of Emergency Now! by hillsate: 10:21am On Jan 31, 2011
Its most amazing that people who are not in the know of happenings on jos utter thoughtless words. LOVEKING, this is not s.ex. Which i think happens to be your expertise. Pls concentrate on that. I am presently posting this from jos.
The hausa/fulani agenda is to make jos ungovernable so that a state of emergency is declared which means suspension of the governor and putting a sole administrator there. The plan is to ensure that a hausa/fulani sole administator is put in place.
why are thrsame hausa/fulani not calling for a state of emergency in Borno and Bauchi states?
You go about initiating, propagating, aiding, supporting and partaking in the killing of innocent humans and yet calling for a state of emergency.
Fellow Nigerians, very soon everyone who has had a hand in the crises that is rocking our dear nation will be named and exposed.
Re: What Is The Lazy Dude Doing, Call A State Of Emergency Now! by johndoe200: 12:57pm On Jan 31, 2011
hillsate:

Its most amazing that people who are not in the know of happenings on jos utter thoughtless words. LOVEKING, this is not s.ex. Which i think happens to be your expertise. Pls concentrate on that. I am presently posting this from jos.
The hausa/fulani agenda is to make jos ungovernable so that a state of emergency is declared which means suspension of the governor and putting a sole administrator there. The plan is to ensure that a hausa/fulani sole administator is put in place.
why are thrsame hausa/fulani not calling for a state of emergency in Borno and Bauchi states?
You go about initiating, propagating, aiding, supporting and partaking in the killing of innocent humans and yet calling for a state of emergency.
Fellow Nigerians, very soon everyone who has had a hand in the crises that is rocking our dear nation will be named and exposed.

Do not mind them, they are just spouting the usual rubbish. Those that know what is what understand what you are saying.
Re: What Is The Lazy Dude Doing, Call A State Of Emergency Now! by Bawss1(m): 1:25pm On Jan 31, 2011
Now the OP should thank PapaBrowne and co for educating him.

Another failed thread here.
Re: What Is The Lazy Dude Doing, Call A State Of Emergency Now! by LoveKing(m): 1:32pm On Jan 31, 2011
Hillstate show me PROOF or better still keep silent. You guys speak nonsense but no solutions.
Re: What Is The Lazy Dude Doing, Call A State Of Emergency Now! by hillsate: 12:13am On Feb 01, 2011
@loveking.
You want proof?
Take the next available conveyor to Jos!
You will not only see the proof, you'll be a carrier of the proof for the rest of your life.
Re: What Is The Lazy Dude Doing, Call A State Of Emergency Now! by ladi02(m): 2:05am On Feb 01, 2011
hillsate:

That is exactly why no Govt has declared a state of emergency in Jos. .

@OP everything in Nigeria is not black and white. .i dont support GEJ, but here he cant, because that is what the hausa/fulanis want for causing the trouble

(1) (Reply)

obasanjo Says How They Rigged Him In North. Yoruba Obas Shun Obasanjo / Anambra Polls: Police Arrest Acn Agent With Inec Result Sheets / Official Buhari/ Bakare Campaign Anthem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.