Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,738 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Cry For Southern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cry For Southern Nigeria (420 Views)

Sanwo-olu Receives Ugwuanyi For Southern Nigerian Governors' Meeting / 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President / El-Rufai: No Going Back On Support For Southern Presidency In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cry For Southern Nigeria by Ntigha: 8:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
Don’t cry for Tinubu
Don’t cry for Oshiomole
Don’t cry for Victor Gaidom
Cry for Southern Nigeria.

The crisis is nothing but a war of interest, a battle of who controls the soul of the party come 2023 elections. It is expected that power would go back to the South after 8 years of Buhari.It’s clearly a war between southern Nigerian key players within the APC aimed at the 2023 Presidency.

Please note that among the Southerners jostling for power in 2023, Bola Ahmed Tinubu remains the only person that wont go for anything less than the seat of the President.
This has made him a key target. Every other actor including Rotimi Amaechi, Orji Uzor Kalu, Fayemi, Fashola, Chris Ngige, Oshiomole etc can settle for the Vice President’s position. Amaechi can always compromise because he doesn’t have any alternative to APC. He is like a political refugee in the party. He must always go with the President decision no matter what. He doesn’t have any other place to go. His people has not forgiven him for the part he played when GEJ was sacked from office. Ngige has the same problem. Once loved by his people but APC opened a new chapter for his life. Politics has damaged Oshiomole’s reputation beyond repair. Fayemi lacks the required muscle to push for the seat. You can’t take what belongs to Tinubu and won’t be seen as a traitor in the West. Orji Uzor Kalu is Igbo. You know what I mean.

Now did we expect the APC and the North to come out openly and declare that power won’t be going to Southern Nigeria in 2023 ? That’s a crazy idea.

From Buhari’s first years in office, it is no longer news that he favors his people more than any other group. It is clear that his proNorth agenda will loose steam if power leaves North to the South. Do you think that he is willing to let his efforts go in vain and not consolidate on its gains ? Your guess is as good as mine. So back to the APC crisis.

The decision by the NEC to dissolve both the Victor Gaidom and Oshiomole’s NWC is a careful and well thought out strategy. Not for peace but for doom. A disaster that will set the APC on fire knowing that some factions will go to court. Multiple litigations would make even elections on the platform of APC unpredictable judging by what happened in Rivers and Zamfara.

This will give Buhari’s and his men the wanted excuse to float another political party. Of course we know what would happen. The bandwagon effect of the Presidents new party. The new party will have Governors from the South East, South West, North Central, North East, North West giving it a National look. Buhari has stayed long enough that he can enjoy such followership and he has done enough that many politicians in the APC will be too scared not to join his new party.

This new party will come with new ideas, and new plans. Every agreement and promises made under the APC as a party would be cancelled. Tinubu can no longer lay claim to the Seat of the President. will the southeast fight for him ? No. Will his brothers fight for him? Some will, most will not. The South South hate Amaechi so it makes little or no difference if he is thrown under the bus or not.

The South East will become spectators. They were never in the picture so it’s like watching a derby match that the result won’t affect your club’s position on the table.

The people (willing tools) jostling for power with Tinubu in the APC will start fighting to be Vice President to a candidate of Northern extraction. They don’t have a choice, it is a new party. A new way of doing things. They will demonize the idea of power rotation citing so many examples. If you must join, you must embrace this ideology. Do they have a choice ? They will join. The slogan would be let the best candidate win. Let’s rebuild Nigeria. And we all know where the best candidate will always come in the mind of President Buhari.

Until Yorubas and Igbos bond politically, the North owns Nigeria and there is nothing one can do about it.

Are you from the South ? Please Start crying.
Re: Cry For Southern Nigeria by Ntigha: 8:34pm On Jun 27, 2020
SOURCE: Adizue Benedict
Re: Cry For Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 27, 2020
There is nothing like southern nigeria. It is just your mere imagination

Enough said.
Re: Cry For Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 27, 2020
There's nothing like southern Nigeria, Igbos stay in one place. Its west, east and south!

1 Like

Re: Cry For Southern Nigeria by TooMuchStuff: 8:52pm On Jun 27, 2020
Osagyefo98:
There is nothing like southern nigeria. It is just your mere imagination

Enough said.
Just as there is nothing like Northern Nigeria. It's your stark illiteracy
Re: Cry For Southern Nigeria by XANDERBOY85: 8:57pm On Jun 27, 2020
I ain’t gonna waste my tears crying for a useless ‘Southern Nigeria’ full of bigots, saboteurs and turncoats.....never!

1 Like

Re: Cry For Southern Nigeria by donbachi(m): 9:01pm On Jun 27, 2020
The hardship don make people heart strong...tears no dey come out again.
Re: Cry For Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2020
TooMuchStuff:

Just as there is nothing like Northern Nigeria. It's your stark illiteracy

There is Northern Nigeria and evidence to back it up but there is nothing like southern nigeria.

Try and be logical with truth.
Re: Cry For Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 27, 2020
XANDERBOY85:
[s]I ain’t gonna waste my tears crying for a useless ‘southerner Nigeria’ full of bigots, saboteurs and turncoats.....never![/s]

I hate pretence.

Stop it.
Re: Cry For Southern Nigeria by TooMuchStuff: 9:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
Osagyefo98:

There is Northern Nigeria and evidence to back it up but there is nothing like southern nigeria.
Try and be logical with truth.
So what do u call the 17 states of South-West-East
Re: Cry For Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
There's nothing like southern Nigeria, Igbos stay in one place. Its west, east and south!

We need to hold talks with Benin Republic and Togo since we might moving on same trajectory..
Re: Cry For Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 27, 2020
TooMuchStuff:

So what do u call the 17 states of South-West-East

Well I don't know of anything sw because geographical it is west. There is nothing south to the west been added to it. Adding west to south is like saying south have relations in Benin Republic and Togo which is true.

Enough said on this.

Still submitting...
Re: Cry For Southern Nigeria by Tranquillity360: 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2020
But yorubas are not south but west.

And we don't need any unity with them.

1 Like

Re: Cry For Southern Nigeria by History555: 9:37pm On Jun 27, 2020
Op you think you can fool us. After writing a useless article stylish aimed at shifting focus away from tinubu and placing blame on lgbos. You now remembered to include one lgbo name as your source. You are fooling yourself not us

Rubbish article

1 Like

Re: Cry For Southern Nigeria by 7lives: 9:37pm On Jun 27, 2020
Eeyah cry for yourself, I'm from SW I don't believe in Southern Nigeria.
Olorun o ni je ki Yoruba se oriburuku.
Always plotting to subjugate others, SW no dey do Southern Nigeria o.
E see pupo.

2 Likes

Re: Cry For Southern Nigeria by TooMuchStuff: 10:56pm On Jun 27, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Well I don't know of anything sw because geographical it is west. There is nothing south to the west been added to it. Adding west to south is like saying south have relations in Benin Republic and Togo which is true.

Enough said on this.
Still submitting...
Your case is worse than I thought! You need help

(1) (Reply)

‘$800m Oil Fraud’: Nigeria In A Mess, Resign Now – Frank Tells President Buhari / 2023:Yerima Who Backed Kalu For President Gets Support From Ex Gov Yari / Video : Buhari Approves N75bn Youth Investment Fund Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.