Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny (1057 Views)

FG Launches NHGSFP To Address Malnutrition In Primary Schools / Is Malnutrition A Quality Ibadan Slay Queens Must Possess? / See This Thing I Killed In My Room That Looks Like A Snake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by Sonofman18: 8:03am On Jun 28, 2020
The Port Harcourt Zoo was built in 1974 by Alfred Diete-Spiff the then Military Governor & was officially opened to the public on 1st October 1975. The zoo needs an uplift as there are just few animals there. Including a skinny Lion and a gorilla called Chinedu.

Nothing spectacular. No good care of the animal and bird species. Not much species of animals. The zoo needs refurbishment and attention from the appropriate quarters.
Some of the cages are worn out. Animals may break free one day.

The state of those lions is pitiful. I wish the state would allocate more funds for upkeep, it would help to attract more visitors and put the zoo on the path to self sustainability.

There are five birds, two monkeys, one gorilla (nicknamed Chinedu), two skinny lions, two peacocks,
a big snake, two ducks, a horse,
a deer, a tortoise and a crocodile. These are the total animals that make up the Port Harcourt zoo.

Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by TheMainone: 8:10am On Jun 28, 2020
See Chinedu the gorilla sef don taya for Nigeria cheesy

Learn web development with WP in 3 days and get a free custom website!

See my signature for registration or call:
Plus234 eight03 7one7 138nine

1 Like

Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by alphaRego01(m): 8:10am On Jun 28, 2020
When zoo workers never chop
Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by SmartProf(m): 8:12am On Jun 28, 2020
Shebi most of these children & adult rapists, killer herdsmen, captured Boko Haram members, ritualists, bandits, kidnappers etc., would have been placed inside here to share accomodation with these lions
Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by Kriss216: 8:12am On Jun 28, 2020
Humans never chop, come be animals.
If that lion mistakenly escape from that zoo, na for pot dem go find em body.
Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by Seetto: 8:13am On Jun 28, 2020
grin grin see the way that monkey sit down like person wey never chop for decades,

It is suicidal to visit such zoo..

When the food meant for the animals are being diverted by the zoo workers..
Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by badaru911: 8:13am On Jun 28, 2020
Is this real..... Jeeeezzzzz... Why opening a zoo if you can't take care of the animals in it. Best thing is to release those animals to freedom.... Oh my....
Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by ThatFairGuy: 8:13am On Jun 28, 2020
hmmmn
Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by Joshmodest(m): 8:14am On Jun 28, 2020
how many port hacourt citizens don chop. u dey talk lion ...
the lion should be grateful self dey dem neva kill am chop !
Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by Lubumbashi: 8:20am On Jun 28, 2020
Feed them rats if you can't find better meat for them or send them back into the wild. Don't be surprised that the zoo keepers are the ones eating the money budgeted for the feeding of the animals.
Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by TONYE001(m): 8:20am On Jun 28, 2020
It's just a shame, really!

What kind of people do we have as leaders sef? How did we get here? I was there last December with my family. This was also what we found out. Aside the malnutrition, the environment is DIRTY. Zero maintenance. Where then is the money allocated for this purpose going to?

Where!
Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by ArewaWife(m): 8:21am On Jun 28, 2020
It's on this nairaland I read that lion was eating yam in a zoo in Benue state, nigeria so it wont die of hunger.

https://www.nairaland.com/5405082/malnourished-lion-benue-university-zoo
Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by athaboi(f): 8:27am On Jun 28, 2020
Na to chop the lion remain
Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by JunctionBox: 8:31am On Jun 28, 2020
When man never see food chop belleful, na animal go come chop belleful?
Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by Siberia01(m): 8:33am On Jun 28, 2020
grin
Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by sageb: 8:45am On Jun 28, 2020
badaru911:
Is this real..... Jeeeezzzzz... Why opening a zoo if you can't take care of the animals in it. Best thing is to release those animals to freedom.... Oh my....
decades ago, this zoo was a reputable tourist site. The lack of maintenance culture have led to it's decline. I remember when a lion tore a white man into pieces and we were led to a room to see the gory pictures. You say they should release the lion! Nothing chinedu no go see for zoo.
TONYE001:
It's just a shame, really!

What kind of people do we have as leaders sef? How did we get here? I was there last December with my family. This was also what we found out. Aside the malnutrition, the environment is DIRTY. Zero maintenance. Where then is the money allocated for this purpose going to?

Where!

badaru911:
decades ago, this zoo was a reputable tourist site. The lack of maintenance culture have led to it's decline. I remember when a lion tore a white man into pieces and we were led to a room to see the gory pictures. You say they should release the lion! Nothing chinedu no go see for zoo.
Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 28, 2020
alphaRego01:
When zoo workers never chop
I taya
Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by 24SEVEN: 8:54am On Jun 28, 2020
They should privatise it na .
Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by gentlestdude(m): 11:21am On Jun 28, 2020
Perfect representation of the country, naija sef don dry pass this lion
Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by gentlestdude(m): 11:23am On Jun 28, 2020
Lubumbashi:
Feed them rats if you can't find better meat for them or send them back into the wild. Don't be surprised that the zoo keepers are the ones eating the money budgeted for the feeding of the animals.
I'm sure the money has been eaten like 90% in Abuja before it cross border sef
Re: Malnutrition In Port Harcourt Zoo As The Lions Looks Skinny by illicit(m): 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
I don't like the idea of confining animals.... They are better in reserves

(1) (Reply)

Today In History: Focus On South Africa / Seun Vs Ubunja ? / The No-choice Before Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.