Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out (3600 Views)

Watch The Moment Kaduna Delegates Pledged To Support Amaechi (video) / Aisha Yesufu Blasts Rotimi Amaechi For Denying Kidnappers' Attack / Why We Can’t Suspend Amaechi For Anti-party Activities Like Okorocha – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by IkwerrePikin: 9:43am On Jun 28, 2020
Rotimi Amaechi is the best bet for the Igbos come 2023 even as he has declared himself an Igbo man in several occasions! Though his kinsmen from the Ikwerre ethnic nationality has always made it clear over the years that they are not Igbos but Ikwerre people who trace their origin to Benin Kingdom which the Oba of Benin just like his late father also confirmed on his visit to Port harcourt.

But the truth is that, Rotimi Amaechi is more acceptable to Nigerians especially to the Yorubas and Hausa-Fulani compare to any Igbo politician today.

Rotimi Amaechi who is so loved by Buhari, was a former speak 8yrs, Governor 8yrs, Gov forums chairman, Minister 8yrs and Campaign director general that defeated PDP and brought Apc to power, he is greater than all Igbo politicans put together and have achieved more In terms of leadership, popularity more than any igbo politician today!

The bitter truth is: Majority of Nigerians are not comfortable voting an Igbo man because you play ethnic politics, you guys are too tribalistic and Nigerians can’t trust you with Nnamdi Kanu biafran struggle.

The igbos better drum support for Rotimi Amaechi now because he is the only person that can help you Igbos when he gets there. He is far better than the hausa-fulani or Yoruba with his Igbo wife from Anambra. Though Ikwerre people have always maintained their Benin Origin, most Igbos see Rotimi Amaechi as Igbo because in today Nigeria, Igbo President can not be achieved now.

Nobody will give you President, you have to fight for it! If Igbo say they have not ruled what about Urhobor,Ibibio,Ogoni and so on?? Stop playing ethnic politics, face reality, and go for what you know you can achieve and benefit from. If you igbos want to play politics base on ethnicity you will loose and keep losing!

As it stance, the igbos are confused with Biafra and Nigeria. Nobody is forcing you to remain in Nigeria, and Nigerians will not beg you people to remain Nigerians with Presidency, it can not happen, else another region will come out tomorrow to threaten Nigeria existence with demand for presidency.

if you want to be President fight for it, stop going on social media and newspapers saying Igbo have turn, who gave you the turn? where was it written? What about other tribes that have not ruled before in the Niger delta but have been feeding Nigeria for years? Ijaw, ikwerre, Ibibio, Urhobor, Benin are different ethnic groups just like the Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa and so on!

So stop the Igbo have turn ideology, because it won’t work that way, if want to be President fight for it and you will achieve it with time and not by saying Igbo have turn, it doesn’t work that way.

Rotimi Amaechi, with his Yoruba name, Igbo name and from the Niger delta region, signifies a Southern Unity and we all know Amaechi is less corrupt, honest, hardworking and fair in his style of leadership over the years from Speaker to the position he is now!

No Politician in Southern Nigeria today can stand Rotimi Amaechi in terms of political experience and achievement with numerous positions he has occupied over the years till date.

I know igbos on Nairaland will not like this but this is their best bet and the real Igbos know this!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by onward4life(m): 9:48am On Jun 28, 2020
Ikwerre baggas,

Not even Bro Wike...

Nah this tranny dat read inglish and became a witch

Yu guys are only good for vomiting oil to beautify Nigeria

And sponsoring don wani, buku Haram, and polygamist tendencies of the political class......

Ministerial slot to una nah previllege...

Stick to shiiting oil

And let family men make use of it

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by flyingpig: 9:48am On Jun 28, 2020
Meaningless thread meant to subdue a people into inferiority complex.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by Hollysaint: 9:51am On Jun 28, 2020
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by SpacehubTech: 9:55am On Jun 28, 2020
Why we might accuse the southwest for being selfish for their presidential ambition 2023 bc their zone has produced democratical president, what we will say about South South that has also produced presidency and are still eyeing the seat?

Please let's do the right thing. SE deserve to be supported to.

They have supported Obasanjo from SW
Supported Goodluck Jonathan from SS
Supported yaradua from North
Supported Atiku from North

SE should be supported too. They need the presidency too as much as every zone.

13 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by smatt1711: 9:55am On Jun 28, 2020
Any igbo man who said Amaechi is not igbo must be very insane, pleas for your information no igbo man is more igbo in any sense than Amaechi, forget about the war of division planted in this region by the government of nigeria , Even Onitsha is saying they are not igbo ..

we don't need any book or historical analogy to tell us anything , deep down in our hearth we know who we are, every igbo man know a fellow igbo , we might have little variance in culture and value system , but Igbo is still igbo , Ikwerre is more igbo than some part of Ebony state but we are all still igbo .

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by Yobabad: 9:55am On Jun 28, 2020
Thounder pls locate this local Yoruba Muslim

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:56am On Jun 28, 2020
[[s]quote author=IkwerrePikin post=91155083]Rotimi Amaechi is the best bet for the Igbos come 2023 even as he has declared himself an Igbo man in several occasions! Though his kinsmen from the Ikwerre ethnic nationality has always made it clear over the years that they are not Igbos but Ikwerre people who trace their origin to Benin Kingdom which the Oba of Benin confirmed on his visit to Port harcourt.

But the truth is that, Rotimi Amaechi is more acceptable to Nigerians especially to the Yorubas and Hausa-Fulani compare to any Igbo politician today.

Rotimi Amaechi who is so loved by Buhari, was a former speak 8yrs, Governor 8yrs, Gov forums chairman, Minister 8yrs and Campaign director general that defeated PDP and brought Apc to power, he is greater than all Igbo politicans put together and have achieved more In terms of leadership, popularity more than any igbo politician today!

The bitter truth is: Majority of Nigerians are not comfortable voting an Igbo man because you play ethnic politics, you guys are too tribalistic and Nigerians can’t trust you with Nnamdi Kanu biafran struggle.

The igbos better drum support for Rotimi Amaechi now because he is the only person that can help you Igbos when he gets there. He is far better than the hausa-fulani or Yoruba with his Igbo wife from Anambra. Though Ikwerre people have always maintained their Benin Origin, most Igbos see Rotimi Amaechi as Igbo because in today Nigeria, Igbo President can not be achieved now.

Nobody will give you President, you have to fight for it! If Igbo say they have not ruled what about Urhobor,Ibibio,Ogoni and so on?? Stop playing ethnic politics, face reality, and go for what you know you can achieve and benefit from. If you igbos want to play politics base on ethnicity you will loose and keep losing!

As it stance, the igbos are confused with Biafra and Nigeria. Nobody is forcing you to remain in Nigeria, and Nigerians will not beg you people to remain Nigerians with Presidency, it can not happen, else another region will come out tomorrow to threaten Nigeria existence with demand for presidency.

if you want to be President fight for it, stop going on social media and newspapers saying Igbo have turn, who gave you the turn? where was it written? What about other tribes that have not ruled before in the Niger delta but have been feeding Nigeria for years? Ijaw, ikwerre, Ibibio, Urhobor, Benin as different ethnic groups just like the Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa and so on!

So stop the Igbo have turn ideology, because it won’t work that way, if want to be President fight for it and you will achieve it with time and not by saying Igbo have turn, it doesn’t work that way.

Rotimi Amaechi, with his Yoruba name, Igbo name and from the Niger delta region, signifies a Southern Unity and we all know Amaechi is less corrupt, honest, hardworking and fair in his style of leadership over the years from Speaker to the position he is now!

No Politician in Southern Nigeria today can stand Rotimi Amaechi in terms of political experience and achievement with numerous positions he has achieved over the years till date. [/quote][/s] Igbos will never ever support Amaechi as Igbo president so stop wasting your time opening threads upon threads,. I and Ogwashi ukwu people will personally vote a northern than vote Amaechi as president and I will make sure Amaechi got zero vote in Ogwashi ukwu.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by Holumhidey(m): 9:58am On Jun 28, 2020
These people should allow the young to rule abeg
Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 10:00am On Jun 28, 2020
[[s]quote author=smatt1711 post=91155473]Any igbo man who said Amaechi is not igbo must be very insane, pleas for your information no igbo man is more igbo in any sense than Amaechi, forget about the war of division planted in this region by the government of nigeria , Even Onitsha is saying they are not igbo ..

we don't need any book or historical analogy to tell us anything , deep down in our hearth we know who we are, every igbo man know a fellow igbo , we might have little variance in culture and value system , but Igbo is still igbo , Ikwerre is more igbo than some part of Ebony state but we are all still igbo . [/quote][/s] Amaechi is not Igbo according to his people so if they want to be part of Igbo nation they should do this

1.Go to national TV and make it official

2 . Remove all (R) in their names.
After that we can consider them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by IkwerrePikin: 10:02am On Jun 28, 2020
SpacehubTech:
Why we might accuse the southwest for being selfish for their presidential ambition 2023 bc their zone has produced democratical president, what we will say about South South that has also produced presidency and are still eyeing the seat?

Please let's do the right thing. SE deserve to be supported to.

They have supported Obasanjo from SW
Supported Goodluck Jonathan from SS
Supported Atiku from North

SE should be supported too. They need the presidency too as much as every zone.

Oga South South is different, it is not like South West, or South East with predominant Yoruba and Igbo.

In this South South we have different tribes and we all have the right to produce President like the Yorubas, Igbos, Hausa too. Don’t replace our ethnicity with region. There is no constitution that said Nigeria president will emerge base on region or tribe.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by smatt1711: 10:04am On Jun 28, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
[[s]quote author=smatt1711 post=91155473]Any igbo man who said Amaechi is not igbo must be very insane, pleas for your information no igbo man is more igbo in any sense than Amaechi, forget about the war of division planted in this region by the government of nigeria , Even Onitsha is saying they are not igbo ..

we don't need any book or historical analogy to tell us anything , deep down in our hearth we know who we are, every igbo man know a fellow igbo , we might have little variance in culture and value system , but Igbo is still igbo , Ikwerre is more igbo than some part of Ebony state but we are all still igbo . [/s] Amaechi is not Igbo according to his people so if they want to be part of Igbo nation they should do this

1.Go to national TV and make it official

2 . Remove all (R) in their names.
After that we can consider them.
I don't want to join issues with you , we are not playing politics here , if an Ikwerre is in Aso Rock an igbo man is already there , take it to anywhere, I am from imo state , Amechi which is the fathers name means nobody knows tomorrow , chibuike which is also my name chibuike means God is my strength, I don't know where he adopted the Yoruba name from

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 10:04am On Jun 28, 2020
I will rather vote a northern than vote Amaechi as Igbo president

13 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by IkwerrePikin: 10:06am On Jun 28, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
I will rather vote a northern than vote Amaechi as Igbo president

But some of your Igbo people always say Amaechi and his Ikwerre people are Igbos??

So now he is not Igbo again? And Port harcourt is not Igbo land again?? Lol

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 10:06am On Jun 28, 2020
[[s]quote author=smatt1711 post=91155767] I don't want to join issues with you , we are not playing politics here , if an Ikwerre is in Aso Rock an igbo man is already there , take it to anywhere, I am from imo state , Amechi which is the fathers name means nobody knows tomorrow , chibuike which is also my name chibuike means God is my strength, I don't know where he adopted the Yoruba name from [/quote][/s] Amaechi is Bini man not Igbo man so stop involving Igbo's on useless post let Bini people vote one of their own.

10 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by SpacehubTech: 10:08am On Jun 28, 2020
It's obvious you don't understand politics.

You think your ikwere can handle presidency alone?? SE has other ethnicity in it too.

Even there are Igbos in SS buh we are saying equality across zones.

So I don't get your point with these your constitution stuffs.
Have a nice weekend wink

IkwerrePikin:

Oga South South is different, it is not like South West, or South East with predominant Yoruba and Igbo.

In this South South we have different tribes and we all have the right to produce President like the Yorubas, Igbos, Hausa too. Don’t replace our ethnicity with region. There is no constitution that said Nigeria president will emerge base on region or tribe.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 10:11am On Jun 28, 2020
[s]
IkwerrePikin:

But some of your Igbo people always say Amaechi and his Ikwerre people are Igbos??

So now he is not Igbo again? And Port harcourt is not Igbo land again??
[/s] The Igbos that claim that ikwerri are igbos is stupid and foolish people because as long as I leave ikwerri are Bini people and it should remain like that,I rather vote Yoruba Muslim and a northern than vote ikwerri man and I will make sure that Amaechi got zero vote in Ogwashi ukwu I swear on this so let Bini people vote one of their own

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by EasternActivist: 10:12am On Jun 28, 2020
[s]
smatt1711:
I don't want to join issues with you , we are not playing politics here , if an Ikwerre is in Aso Rock an igbo man is already there , take it to anywhere, I am from imo state , Amechi which is the fathers name means nobody knows tomorrow , chibuike which is also my name chibuike means God is my strength, I don't know where he adopted the Yoruba name from
[/s]

Be proud of your root. Before the oracles in imo swear for you.

What has ameachi done for imo people as minister of transport

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by EasternActivist: 10:14am On Jun 28, 2020
smatt1711:
Any igbo man who said Amaechi is not igbo must be very insane, pleas for your information no igbo man is more igbo in any sense than Amaechi, forget about the war of division planted in this region by the government of nigeria , Even Onitsha is saying they are not igbo ..

we don't need any book or historical analogy to tell us anything , deep down in our hearth we know who we are, every igbo man know a fellow igbo , we might have little variance in culture and value system , but Igbo is still igbo , Ikwerre is more igbo than some part of Ebony state but we are all still igbo .

SS has produced presidency.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 10:17am On Jun 28, 2020
Look at all this useless and sophisticated foolish ikwerri people want to play a fast one on Igbo.

12 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 28, 2020
IkwerrePikin:
Rotimi Amaechi is the best bet for the Igbos come 2023 even as he has declared himself an Igbo man in several occasions! Though his kinsmen from the Ikwerre ethnic nationality has always made it clear over the years that they are not Igbos but Ikwerre people who trace their origin to Benin Kingdom which the Oba of Benin just like his late father also confirmed on his visit to Port harcourt.

if you want to be President fight for it, stop going on social media and newspapers saying Igbo have turn, who gave you the turn? where was it written? What about other tribes that have not ruled before in the Niger delta but have been feeding Nigeria for years? Ijaw, ikwerre, Ibibio, Urhobor, Benin are different ethnic groups just like the Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa and so on!

No Politician in Southern Nigeria today can stand Rotimi Amaechi in terms of political experience and achievement with numerous positions he has occupied over the years till date.

I know igbos on Nairaland will not like this but this is their best bet and the real Igbos know this!

I am Ikwerre and I am proud to say that you reason with ur feet. Complete nonsense. Referring to an ethnic group that's several times ours and way more accomplished as if they are kids.

Igbos are this.... Kanu that etc. 35 to 40 million ppl who essentially work their asses off setting up businesses and running enterprises to survive in this country..... and this is all you have to say ?

Pls tell me, what does Amaechi know about foreign affairs or maintaining a proper worldview for Nigeria to thrive in this century ? The mediocre job Governors do in the SS is more than enough of an indicator to show any discerning person that they are all useless.

Amaechi cannot even win OBALGA. He should focus on his Ikwerre and Emohua LGA ppl and blow his trumpet on a rather average two term guber stint with them.. or for them...

This is how u get Igbo votes lol? Look at the trash u just wrote ?? You think youre talking to dunces. If Ikwerres dont go to school that's their business.. such circular and stupid thought doesnt hold weight with anybody else.

It is good to always remember that we all have Igbo heritage, by a grandma or pa or whatever.
Forget any Edoid/Benin ruler cult that might have set up Ikwerre administratively. We have Igbo blood thru us. And so shld refrain from trolling them about issues like this. So they should vote some incompetent hypocrite for ?

This is as silly as hearing ppl say "Wike for VP" .. u do realize what it means to run a country right ?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by selemempe: 10:33am On Jun 28, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
[s][/s] The Igbos that claim that ikwerri are igbos is stupid and foolish people because as long as I leave ikwerri are Bini people and it should remain like that,I rather vote Yoruba Muslim and a northern than vote ikwerri man and I will make sure that Amaechi got zero vote in Ogwashi ukwu I swear on this so let Bini people vote one of their own
the op himself is a yoruba Moslem Tinubu supporter. And everything you have typed here is what he wanted you to type

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by BtcAirdrop: 10:34am On Jun 28, 2020
See threat oo..

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by selemempe: 10:36am On Jun 28, 2020
Dasuks:

I am Ikwerre and I am proud to say that you reason with ur feet. Complete nonsense. Referring to an ethnic group that's several times ours and way more accomplished as if they are kids.

Igbos are this.... Kanu that etc. 35 to 40 million ppl who essentially work their asses off setting up businesses and running enterprises to survive in this country..... and this is all you have to say ?

Pls tell me, what does Amaechi know about foreign affairs or maintaining a proper worldview for Nigeria to thrive in this century ? The mediocre job Governors do in the SS is more than enough of an indicator to show any discerning person that they are all useless.

Amaechi cannot even win OBALGA. He should focus on his Ikwerre and Emohua LGA ppl and blow his trumpet on a rather average two term guber stint with them.. or for them...

This is how u get Igbo votes lol? Look at the trash u just wrote ?? You think youre talking to dunces. If Ikwerres dont go to school that's their business.. such circular and stupid thought doesnt hold weight with anybody else.

It is good to always remember that we all have Igbo heritage, by a grandma or pa or whatever.
Forget any Edoid/Benin ruler cult that might have set up Ikwerre administratively. We have Igbo blood thru us. And so shld refrain from trolling them about issues like this. So they should vote some incompetent hypocrite for ?

This is as silly as hearing ppl say "Wike for VP" .. u do realize what it means to run a country right ?
thanks for this. The dude is however not ikwere and his purpose is to start a fight between SS and SE. The way these people think will make you shiver

11 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by Afospecialk: 10:49am On Jun 28, 2020
Tinubu the slayer of PDP

The annihilator of Jonathan

The tormentor of Atiku

The destroyer of Saraki

The nightmare of Igbo Iyanmirin pigs

Tinubu you are too much Jo grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by Seetto: 10:53am On Jun 28, 2020
Ameachi wey una don drag hien blockos tire, because he supported buhari to boot gej out of office, na him una dey give support now..

Truly, our brothers from the yeastern republic are confused .. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 28, 2020
No doubt Amaechi is igbo, but its SE turn to be president. Amaechi is from SS. Its not about tribe now, but about the region.

Igbo's of SS should wait, when next its SS turn, they can contest

10 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by RuddyFusion(m): 10:55am On Jun 28, 2020
Very stupidious and nonsensical post....No South South person will take Southeast slot for the Presidency....

When it's time for. South South then a South South person takes it,...

We have capable sons and daughters in

Abia
Anambra
Ebonyi
Enugu and
Imo

To do the job so please backoff with this Ameachi nonsense

11 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by Yebosola(m): 11:02am On Jun 28, 2020
Mortiple:
GOD PUNISH WHOSOEVER THAT WROTE THIS NONSENSE! IT SHALL NEVER BE WELL WITH YOU!!

Remove sniper from this one's side oh, I don't want to hear story that touches the heart. Nah wah oh over small thread, nah so u hate Amaechi reach? grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why Igbos Should Support Amaechi For President Or Loose Out by toolovely(m): 11:06am On Jun 28, 2020
I doubt if you're truly ikwerre man. And you are soliciting people's favour and you go about insulting them first...

What makes Amaechi a better candidate? What extra ordinary did he achieve as a governor of Rivers State for 8 years with all the billions accruing to the state? An ex governor that's busy causing troubles and disharmony in his native state? What has brought to the south south region as a minister of transport and even to his state?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bakare Didn't Defend Tinubu; He Defanged Him. / Azikwe Against Northern Secession 1953 / "Holy Nnamdi Kanu Is Another Saviour!" - Ifeanyi Uba Joined The Chant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.