Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

CRIME AT OSHODI: How We Were Attacked - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / CRIME AT OSHODI: How We Were Attacked (946 Views)

Lady Recounts How She & Other Passengers Were Attacked By Bandits In Kogi (Video / RTEAN-NURTW Clash: Our Members Were Attacked - NURTW Spokesman, Jimoh Buhari / Youths Looting An SUV After Travelers Were Attacked While Heading To Abuja. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CRIME AT OSHODI: How We Were Attacked by zikter(m): 11:49am On Jun 28, 2020
After scheduling an appointmentnt with a friend at Bogije(Lekki-Epe) expressway, I set out at about 6:00am from Ikeja axis. Shortly after climbing to connect Oshodi-Oworodonki express from the Agege motor road, I observed two boys standing by the roadside, in the early morning rain under an umbrella.

With the ongoing road maintenance along the axis in addition to the heavy rain, we were driving at a slow speed with some vehicles in our front trying to maneuver in the pools of water filled in potholes. Suddenly, the two boys started approaching my car, being familiar with the axis, I knew trouble was on the horizon. In an instant, one was already knocking on the passenger window where my wife was sitting. The other was approaching my side.

The two were frantically knocking and urging us to wind down. I was driving behind a private LT bus, luckily for us, there was a small opening to overtake the bus which was slowly going behind some vehicle. I quickly step on the gas pedal overlooking the many potholes filled with water. They only succeeded in landing a few punches on my car as I leave them in my wake.

The Lagos state government needs to step up security on that portion of the road. Many people have fallen victim to arm robbery there. Better still, a thorough and constant raid should be carried out in and around Oshodi through Cappa bus stop.

It will not be out of order to round up all these "almajiris" and take them to their various states and homes. Many have migrated from Ondo, Oyo, Osun, Ogun, etc, with no meaningful work aside stealing and robbing people of their valuables.

This is yet another clarion call on the government to wake up and do something. We escaped today but another person may not be that lucky.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CRIME AT OSHODI: How We Were Attacked by Highbeepeeh(m): 12:02pm On Jun 28, 2020
Thank God you are safe. This 2020 had turn many to criminals am also on the verge of loosing ma faith sefsad

and to una wey celebrate FTC like sey der don pay your life bills na just SMH For u.

1 Like

Re: CRIME AT OSHODI: How We Were Attacked by supercase1(m): 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2020
Nigeria scatter scatter
Re: CRIME AT OSHODI: How We Were Attacked by PrincessB1(f): 12:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
Oh wow!

Thank God for your safety.
Share the message please.

1 Like

Re: CRIME AT OSHODI: How We Were Attacked by austine4real(m): 12:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
It might be those boys around that cappa

U know that blue color toilet there's a tree there police should come over and arrest them
Re: CRIME AT OSHODI: How We Were Attacked by Catchfirez: 7:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
Stop pressing phone when in a crime hotspot area. I guess your wife must have bring out her phone.

1 Like

Re: CRIME AT OSHODI: How We Were Attacked by zikter(m): 5:05am On Jun 29, 2020
Catchfirez:
Stop pressing phone when in a crime hotspot area. I guess your wife must have bring out her phone.
Not at all. I am well aware of that area and nothing was out. Mostly their target is private cars with two or less persons inside
Re: CRIME AT OSHODI: How We Were Attacked by Greatzeus(m): 9:20am On Jun 29, 2020
Children of failed parental upbringings and bad government. Op you are lucky, normally they do break car windows and part with anything their hand can reach especially bags.
Re: CRIME AT OSHODI: How We Were Attacked by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:39am On Jun 29, 2020
It is only when it happens to their children that they will fix that road
Re: CRIME AT OSHODI: How We Were Attacked by Jabioro: 9:46am On Jun 29, 2020
The police is aware but are still waiting for the full act to committed,when you tell the danger,they tell you there is no evidence.. Instead of them to sanitized that area they will continue to polluted it..

(1) (Reply)

Lady Runs Mad After Jumping Off A Bike In Ado-ekiti (photos) / Pastor Nabbed After Killing His Wife For Ritual Purpose(pics) / "Acquire Weapons And Defend Yourselves" - Governor Masari; Charge Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.