Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,126 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

What Do I Need To Write A Novel - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Do I Need To Write A Novel (406 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / The Thorny Path To Italy- A Novel By Akíntayo Akinjide / SURVIVORS (a Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Need To Write A Novel by Casemiro(m): 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2020
I'm thinking about writing a novel, and I want to know if there's any steps to this, more like a guide, or blueprint.

like what and what do I need to write a novel
Re: What Do I Need To Write A Novel by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 28, 2020
Put your story down first, you'll get assistance along the way.

1 Like

Re: What Do I Need To Write A Novel by MightySparrow: 3:23pm On Jun 28, 2020
Good storyline, good language, presentation. and... may be a mentor whose works you cherish to serve as guide, not to ape him or her. good editor proof read. then a good publisher. I'm still battling with my first book, all these I am trying to put to practice, I want to learn too.
Re: What Do I Need To Write A Novel by meobizy(f): 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2020
All you need is a good story. Sometimes people post stories here so entertaining that commenters encourage them to formally publish the write-up. Start from the genesis before anything: an engaging tale.
Re: What Do I Need To Write A Novel by Casemiro(m): 10:10pm On Jun 28, 2020
Gracealone:
Put your story down first, you'll get assistance along the way.

so how do I put it down.

I mean is there a template or structure that can help to make things easier
Re: What Do I Need To Write A Novel by Casemiro(m): 10:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
MightySparrow:
Good storyline, good language, presentation. and... may be a mentor whose works you cherish to serve as guide, not to ape him or her. good editor proof read. then a good publisher. I'm still battling with my first book, all these I am trying to put to practice, I want to learn too.

that story line, how do I go about it?

plot and the rest, connecting each chapter
Re: What Do I Need To Write A Novel by Casemiro(m): 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
meobizy:
All you need is a good story. Sometimes people post stories here so entertaining that commenters encourage them to formally publish the write-up. Start from the genesis before anything: an engaging tale.

if I have an idea in my head, how to I make it happen, like structure to follow
Re: What Do I Need To Write A Novel by MightySparrow: 10:24pm On Jun 28, 2020
Casemiro:

that story line, how do I go about it?

plot and the rest, connecting each chapter
Just start somewhere, that little idea is just like a lump of clay in a potter's hand. the more you romance with , the ideas will flow.
Re: What Do I Need To Write A Novel by Casemiro(m): 8:13am On Jun 29, 2020
MightySparrow:
Just start somewhere, that little idea is just like a lump of clay in a potter's hand. the more you romance with , the ideas will flow.

alright, I know i need to start somewhere and i need to have an idea.

but what and what do i need to make it easier, like a structure?

lets say plot, settings, and the remaining.

I think this will help me write better
Re: What Do I Need To Write A Novel by Lyydia(f): 8:40am On Jun 29, 2020
WPS office
Re: What Do I Need To Write A Novel by Casemiro(m): 3:30pm On Jun 29, 2020
Lyydia:
WPS office

I have that already.

Talking about things like plot, structure, etc. to make it easier for me to write the novel.

like what to do first, and the next step, and the next step, and the next, till I finally publish it
Re: What Do I Need To Write A Novel by Casemiro(m): 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2020
more suggestions

(1) (Reply)

. / I Do T Mean To Scare You But Let Me Tell You A True Story. / Books Are Meant To Change Lives – Foluke Sijuwola Falayi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.