Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Ogori - Magongo? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ogori - Magongo? (7624 Views)

History Of Ogori And Magongo In Kogi State / PHOTOS: Abiriiba And Ogori Virginity Dance (viewers Discretion Is Advised) / Ogori Mangogo Ovia Osese Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogori - Magongo? by onafan(m): 6:44pm On Jun 13, 2007
whats up to you if you are from the beautiful land of ogori, i dont get to meet ogori people often ,so i want to use this forum to reach out to you all. and give ogori a better chance of not going extint. hola back if you relate to OGORI-MAGONGO.!!!!!! 08065715668
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by laudate: 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2007
Are you reffering to the Ogori people of Kogi State?
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by onafan(m): 11:57am On Jun 19, 2007
yea, ogori from kogi state , nigeria!!
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by osereka(m): 2:33pm On Jun 27, 2007
hey neibours am from OKENE saw this tread and wana say ETEMEYA [how are thing in okene] to u all
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by OhioLady(f): 6:32pm On Aug 22, 2007
Gana, Osoma? I was going thru the web and saw your posting. Well I am from Ogori and resides in Ohio. I haven't been to Ogori for years.
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by ngufan: 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2007
ohio lady, it`s nice to finally hear from someone from ogori, as you know there are not too many of us around and our language and culture seems to be facing extintion . i`m hoping this forum would help in keeping ogori around for a little longer. if ther are oters you are in contact with ,please let em know. TIGURE
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2007
Olodudu, Aileke,

Agha!!

Nago!! Nago!! wink

grin

Sure i got this right, i learnt some of the dialects while i served in Kogi. Come to think of it, Ogori-mangogo was so popular during our Orientation camp that most of us dread serving there, no light, no network, no ? but alas, it was all rumour as most of my friends that served there enjoyed it.

Oogori mangogo, , so sweet a pronounciation ooogori mangongo
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by OhioLady(f): 8:28pm On Sep 06, 2007
Olowotee, so sweet of you for the pronunciation; but I don’t know what "Olodudu, Aileke, Agha & Nago Nago means
I don’t know about the no light, no network issue in Ogori also. The last time I’ve been to my village was in 1990 (17 years ago).
One thing I know for sure is that Ogorians are lovely, beautiful, friendly and caring people. They take real good care of anyone who comes in contact with them.

Take care & God Bless smiley
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 07, 2007
Ohio Lady:

Olowotee, so sweet of you for the pronunciation;

wink  grin  grin

Ohio Lady:

but I don’t know what "Olodudu, Aileke, Agha & Nago Nago means
I don’t know about the no light, no network issue in Ogori also. The last time I’ve been to my village was in 1990 (17 years ago)

"Olodudu, Aileke, Agha & Nago Nago" is of Igala language, Actually, I got attracted to this site when i saw the title: "Ogori-Magongo" It reminded me of the beautiful land-Kogi State, I really enjoyed my NYSC Year, It was all exciting! I learnt alot about the State and it's many regions such as Ogori, Igala, Ankpa, Dekina, Okene, Olamaboro etc. Guess, I'm really in love with that state wink  grin

Ohio Lady:

One thing I know for sure is that Ogorians are lovely, beautiful, friendly and caring people. They take real good care of anyone who comes in contact with them.

That's true,  grin, You guys are great and lovely kiss kiss

Do have a nice time too and God Bless You.
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by Wulaimot: 4:20pm On Jun 04, 2009
Please, I want to learn Ogori language, Im a native of Ogori but my mother is not. I live with my mother but she doesnt speak Ogori. Is there any text book I can read? if not could someone send to me, Ogori basic language?
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by chukz4real(m): 9:14am On Jun 10, 2009
Ogori Magongo! I like that place so well. No power failure, constant water supply. Hmmm, just that they lack jobs there causing some sort of immorality on the part of their ladies. Majority of the dwellers living below N500 per day. I visited a corper friend there couple of years back and their ladies sells their God given thingy for as cheap as N1000 for more than a month. Lol. Funny world. Different strokes for different folks. Not their faults actually. The small population of the gals that are not promiscous are ghost workers at the local govt. secretariat. Learnt they have about 6 profs!
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by sunnykiss(m): 11:41am On Nov 02, 2009
Hey i wanma ask if the people of ogori is igala,i doubt they may be igbiras.well olodudu ,goodmorning ,agha compliment and nago thank you .are igala language.and igalas are majors of kogi state.
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by mosuguG: 11:52pm On Jan 25, 2010
Surpising news sad. I am an Ogori lady cool and this is quite of a shock and derogatory  cry> sad. In every community there might be the few bad eggs  lipsrsealed embarassed but by and large Ogori wife is the best that can happen to a man. wink
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by osisomeyi: 1:14pm On Feb 09, 2010
Ogori is alive. She cannot fade or go into extinct. If u c urself getting out of contact sacrifice by going home once (ogori ro ayo eko, eke wura), not necessarily during the festive period. Ogori lives!
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by fayalitte: 11:19am On Feb 12, 2010
Guess we need to maximize the INTERNET to spread the Ogori Unity message, we also need to link up on a broader base using a forum like Facebook to being us all closer in today's global village, e ga mo suda, ega m'egben aaa
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by PrinceBYC: 4:17pm On Apr 07, 2010
Ogori- Magongo Language cannot go extinct. The tribe is very much alive and known all over the world for her uniqueness and rich cultural value.
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by mykali(m): 9:35pm On Sep 23, 2010
Lmao @ topic
The most dreaded place any 'corper' wanted to serve.
Funny enough, i hear the ones who did enjoyed it.
buh seriously. . .that name is quite scary when you pronounce it well.
Ogori/Magongo. . .lol
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by Obajuxxl(m): 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
All this notions abt ogori are all wrong, those dt served there enjoyed the place, ogorian are hospitable pple n intellegent.. We can boastly say we hv d highest number of professor in kogi....proudly ogorian
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by Afam4eva(m): 10:20pm On Aug 23, 2013
I stopped in Ogori in one of my trips from Abuja and i found the people very warm.

Pls what language is spoken by the Ogori people?
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
Afam4eva: I stopped in Ogori in one of my trips from Abuja and i found the people very warm.

Pls what language is spoken by the Ogori people?

Simple;

The Ogori language.
Re: Ogori - Magongo? by lolaluv1(f): 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2013
chukz4real: Ogori Magongo! I like that place so well. No power failure, constant water supply. Hmmm, just that they lack jobs there causing some sort of immorality on the part of their ladies. Majority of the dwellers living below N500 per day. I visited a corper friend there couple of years back and their ladies sells their God given thingy for as cheap as N1000 for more than a month. Lol. Funny world. Different strokes for different folks. Not their faults actually. The small population of the gals that are not promiscous are ghost workers at the local govt. secretariat. Learnt they have about 6 profs!
I know the tribe and so I disagree on your post regarding the ladies. Girls from Ogori have dignity and they carry themselves with pride. A few bad eggs can be seen of course, and the situation is worsened by the fact that there are strangers who have blended into Ogori and are responsible for these vices.
But a typical girl from Ogori is decent and queenly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogori - Magongo? by babasolution: 11:36am On Feb 06
Ogori, were my people at

(1) (Reply)

I Am Still Alive / Malcolm X And Martin Luther King Jr - Closer Than We Ever Thought / What Does "Dangote" Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.