Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ (29457 Views)

Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It / FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos / Lagos Chinese restaurant accused of racism against Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by ijustdey: 4:16pm On Jun 28, 2020
The Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC) says it has shut-down a Chinese restaurant known for exclusive and discriminatory service in Lagos.

The FCCPC ‘s Director-General, Mr Babatunde Irukera, said this when he appeared on the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)’s forum in Abuja.

The Director-General explained that any facility shut-down in this manner would undergo due processes to certify its capacity to uphold consumer rights before approval to re-open for business was issued.

Irukera recalled the events leading up to the shutdown of the restaurant, saying: “The reason we shut-down the restaurant was that we got credible intelligence that it was exclusive and discriminatory and would not serve Nigerians.

“We performed a sting operation where our own operatives went in there to be served and I was one of the operatives as a matter of fact.

“I went there and I was turned away because I wasn’t a South-East Asian and what we did was to shut down the place….

when things return to normal, they can get back to business under our monitoring,” he said. The Director-General also disclosed that FCCPC recently shutdown a body modification plastic surgery operation in Lagos.

He explained that body modification plastic surgery operations in the country were being investigated by the commission with a view to ascertain their legality and capability.

He said that the commission had been sued for performing its statutory and regulatory duty by the owner of the outfit.

Irukera said that FCCPC, under his leadership, would not be deterred with such action as it was determined to protect consumers in the country. “We recently shutdown body modification plastic surgery…

“We will continue within the ambit of the law to the extent permitted by law to enforce the law and make sure we protect consumers,” Irukera said. (NAN)

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/fg-shuts-chinese-restaurant-over-discrimination.html

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by Ezennwa(m): 4:17pm On Jun 28, 2020
hmm!

That's a good decision.

52 Likes

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by NwaNimo1(m): 4:18pm On Jun 28, 2020
Chinese eating 'Dog'

..a Dog eating Chinese.

[img]https://media./images/e1a5c1dea12a34167da5d65e50d6e5a7/tenor.gif[/img]

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by Balogunodua(m): 5:04pm On Jun 28, 2020
Usless white short chinko's with cry faces.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by NwaNimo1(m): 8:30pm On Jun 28, 2020
Better

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by Digitalstarlite: 8:30pm On Jun 28, 2020
All dis ppl are mad, dey don't like us but we treat dem cos our leaders are after deir pocket, goto deir factories na die and deir workplace na death

Wen I work den, if not for God d man for slap me
...I remembered a time I entered a restaurant to supply in lekki...as I entered na American restaurant... Dey look me like say I no be human being...dey went to report to d manager cos I came tru d front instead of backyard wen I was new in d company

Is only God dat will deliver us all from dem

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by crossfm: 8:30pm On Jun 28, 2020
These guys are more racists than white Americans.their brand of racism is aggressive and full of brutality. Funny enough,if not how bleeped up African leaders have been,we are suppose to avoid them like a plague.

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:31pm On Jun 28, 2020
Good news

1 Like

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by Scatterscatter(m): 8:31pm On Jun 28, 2020
That's encouraging to hear

Chinkos are becoming a menace everywhere and they need to be curbed before they turn to a monster.

Thorough investigation still needs to be carried out in Chinese run factories, I can't be in my country and still be treated as a slave.

15 Likes

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by jericco1(m): 8:31pm On Jun 28, 2020
undecided
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by JuicePac(m): 8:31pm On Jun 28, 2020
interesting
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by femijay8271(m): 8:31pm On Jun 28, 2020
Is it d one at vi beside zenith bank?
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
Good development
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by Basitelo1(m): 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
Una try, it's long overdue seff grin

2 Likes

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by IMO01: 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
Good

1 Like

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by iWasNotHere(m): 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
Fucking smelling garlic Chinese

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by Dangrace01: 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
Great
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by Odunolumide(m): 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
ok
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by panpan(m): 8:34pm On Jun 28, 2020
What is the name and location (area within Lagos) of the Chinese restaurant that was shut down?
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by baresi(m): 8:34pm On Jun 28, 2020
I sincerely dont understand why they should be allowed to re-open., they should be permanently closed. Period .

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by Bojack(m): 8:35pm On Jun 28, 2020
Finally

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by sammirano: 8:35pm On Jun 28, 2020
Are they suppose to consider allowing them to reopen. Arrant nonsense

2 Likes

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by mastermose(m): 8:35pm On Jun 28, 2020
It's absurd to think that we would be discriminated against even in our own country. This is a step in the right direction towards stemming this ugly tide being perpetrated in our country

7 Likes

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by JosephXavier: 8:35pm On Jun 28, 2020
G
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by RaptorX: 8:35pm On Jun 28, 2020
Africans are the only race of people that will tolerate racism outside Africa and will also tolerate racism in the only place God gave him as his own. I am an exception I have zero love for this bloody foreigners coming here to treat my people like sh.it, something have to be wrong with your brain to be allowing people to come and be imposing Jim Crow and apartheid laws on you in your own land. It is even a disgrace on us that they will be allowed to reopen.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by Millennialaku(m): 8:38pm On Jun 28, 2020
they think lagos is lusaka in zambia grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by rawtouch: 8:39pm On Jun 28, 2020
wink

make them no share their chinese virus give customers
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by Hisincrease: 8:39pm On Jun 28, 2020
Nigeria... For how long has this evil been going on?
We should try to give ourselves some respect by saying No to these racists.

I earnestly await the day any of them will cross my path in this country. I will pour out the pain of blacks on the person.

Rubbish.

8 Likes

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by micktoxin(m): 8:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
Any chinese company shut down should never be allowed to reopen again. No Nigerian will get away with this in China

19 Likes

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ by Nackzy: 8:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
Wow it's a welcome development, you need to see how Chinese people rubbish us in their country

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prices Of Foodstuffs In Nigeria By Foodstuff Store (may 2022) / Mirinda, Lucozade Unsafe For Consumption – CPC / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.