Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,583 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Insecurity Is Preventing Rainy Season Farming, It Will Be Problematic – Atiku - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Insecurity Is Preventing Rainy Season Farming, It Will Be Problematic – Atiku (155 Views)

Dry Season Farming: Wheat Harvesting In Kano State / Governor Obiano Flags Off 2021 Wet Season Farming(photos) / Coscharis Is Developing Infrastructures For Dry Season Farming In Anambra- Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Insecurity Is Preventing Rainy Season Farming, It Will Be Problematic – Atiku by Shehuyinka: 11:57am On Jun 29, 2020
ATIKU Abubakar, former vice president and presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has raised the alarm that incessant bandits and terrorists’ attacks in Northern Nigeria are currently preventing farmers from embarking on rainy season farming.

This, the former vice president said would be problematic for the country if continued unaddressed by the Federal Government.

In a Twitter message on Monday, Abubakar, warned that the consequences of denying farmers freedom to farm during the wet season is a huge disservice to the nation, reiterating that such is the reality in the North at the moment due to rising insecurity.

“As someone engaged in agriculture myself and whose company is dependent on products from farmers, I know that denying the people the freedom to farm in a rainy season as we are experiencing now, is the greatest disservice to the region and by extension, the whole country,” his tweet read in part.

Proffering a solution, the former vice president urged the Federal Government in collaboration with state governments to take up the nation’s insecurity challenges more seriously, adding that failure to do so could spell doom for the country.

“Hence, I urge the Federal Government in collaboration with the governments of the states in the region to take the security challenges seriously, because, failure to overcome this will be problematic for the whole country. A hungry nation is a troubled nation,” Abubakar submitted.

READ MORE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/insecurity-is-preventing-rainy-season-farming-it-will-be-problematic-for-us-atiku-laments/

(1) (Reply)

One Platform For All Farmers / How Do I Start Casava Farming For Ethanol Making / Cassava Tubers Needed URGENTLY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.