Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,605 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Apple To Ship Iphone 12 Series Without Charger And Earpods - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple To Ship Iphone 12 Series Without Charger And Earpods (1309 Views)

Apple iPhone 12 Series officially unveiled / Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones / See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple To Ship Iphone 12 Series Without Charger And Earpods by krystnero(m): 11:04pm On Jun 29, 2020
Reports coming from Barclays team has is that Apple will ship it's next flagship lineup without a charging brick in the box. The move is intended to cut the price of the iPhones as prices are expected to increase due to the introduction of 5G on the next A series chip. Apple is working on a 20 Watt charger, to be sold separately. Moves like this is not new to Apple they sold their latest ProDisplay XDR without a stand–which sold separately for $999.
Popular Chinese Analyst, Ming-Chi kuo confirmed the rumours of a charger-less iPhone package to ship this Fall.
Re: Apple To Ship Iphone 12 Series Without Charger And Earpods by seunlayi(m): 11:06pm On Jun 29, 2020
Is that a market strategy or what? Hop it won't end in tears for them?
Re: Apple To Ship Iphone 12 Series Without Charger And Earpods by Nobody: 2:01am On Jun 30, 2020
seunlayi:
Is that a market strategy or what? Hop it won't end in tears for them?
Lol... Nah people wey dey change phone annually I pity pass grin nah late next year I go change my iPhone.

3 Likes

Re: Apple To Ship Iphone 12 Series Without Charger And Earpods by jerryunit48: 6:10am On Jun 30, 2020
You guys know little about iPhones , the new ones can charge wirelessly so you won’t need to connect the wire to charge your phone, that is what I do

1 Like

Re: Apple To Ship Iphone 12 Series Without Charger And Earpods by seunfly: 6:13am On Jun 30, 2020
i v seen this day coming long time ago, when apple shipped iphone se 2020 with 5watt charger, i knew the next will not come with charger.
Re: Apple To Ship Iphone 12 Series Without Charger And Earpods by seunfly: 6:15am On Jun 30, 2020
jerryunit48:
You guys know little about iPhones , the new ones can charge wirelessly so you won’t need to connect the wire to charge your phone, that is what I do

Tell me which premium phone no dey charge wireless.

5 Likes

Re: Apple To Ship Iphone 12 Series Without Charger And Earpods by jerryunit48: 7:56am On Jun 30, 2020
seunfly:

Tell me which premium phone no dey charge wireless.
then you should know that the charging wire is almost useless and as such they decide not to include it in the packet, meaning you should buy one if you need it
Re: Apple To Ship Iphone 12 Series Without Charger And Earpods by taiwosamwell(m): 11:21am On Jun 30, 2020
jerryunit48:
then you should know that the charging wire is almost useless and as such they decide not to include it in the packet, meaning you should buy one if you need it
Charging wire is not useless besides it's not for charging only. And Apple iPhone does not really support fast wireless charging so you spend more time charging.

1 Like

Re: Apple To Ship Iphone 12 Series Without Charger And Earpods by NuclearReactor: 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2020
jerryunit48:
stop allowing your Apple Fanboyism to make you talk nonsense...
Most wireless chargers are slow compared to wired... and many people still love the option of using their phones while charging...
for a phone that cost $1000+ Having a charger in the box is a no brainer!!
Re: Apple To Ship Iphone 12 Series Without Charger And Earpods by Patrick33(m): 1:24pm On Jun 30, 2020
It's not about charging wirelessly please almost every phone with a glass build has that feature and even the Galaxy s6 does..they're doing it because of environmental issues..what's the need of putting in a charger when your old iPhone charger still works and you can as well use that.As for the headphones I read on Twitter that it's to move customers towards their airpods.market strategy..apple has been doing it to their customers..same way their phones don't come with fast charger out of the box..you buy that sepreately. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Apple To Ship Iphone 12 Series Without Charger And Earpods by demsid(m): 6:41pm On Jun 30, 2020
Very soon their phone will be coming naked with panel na una go dey buy the casing separately since some people prefer white body and some love black. Isheeps

2 Likes

Re: Apple To Ship Iphone 12 Series Without Charger And Earpods by seunfly: 7:38pm On Jun 30, 2020
Patrick33:
It's not about charging wirelessly please almost every phone with a glass build has that feature and even the Galaxy s6 does..they're doing it because of environmental issues..what's the need of putting in a charger when your old iPhone charger still works and you can as well use that.As for the earpods I read on Twitter that it's to move customers towards their airpods.market strategy..apple has been doing it to their customers..same way their phones don't come with fast charging out of the box..you buy that sepreately. Lol
NuclearReactor:

stop allowing your Apple Fanboyism to make you talk nonsense...
Most wireless chargers are slow compared to wired... and many people still love the option of using their phones while charging...
for a phone that cost $1000+ Having a charger in the box is a no brainer!!
taiwosamwell:

Charging wire is not useless besides it's not for charging only. And Apple iPhone does not really support fast wireless charging so you spend more time charging.

U guys did not noticed i stop replying him, thank God apple was not the first to introduce wireless charging technology neither was apple wireless charging technology better than others he would have said conventional charger is outdated and old technology.

Some people are just blinded by sentiment and could not see beyond their backyard.

4 Likes

Re: Apple To Ship Iphone 12 Series Without Charger And Earpods by BenDanor(m): 9:21pm On Jun 30, 2020
krystnero:
Reports coming from Barclays team has is that Apple will ship it's next flagship lineup without a charging brick in the box. The move is intended to cut the price of the iPhones as prices are expected to increase due to the introduction of 5G on the next A series chip. Apple is working on a 20 Watt charger, to be sold separately. Moves like this is not new to Apple they sold their latest ProDisplay XDR without a stand–which sold separately for $999.
Popular Chinese Analyst, Ming-Chi kuo confirmed the rumours of a charger-less iPhone package to ship this Fall.
I think this is a marketing strategy. This sounds quite the opposite - increasing cost
Re: Apple To Ship Iphone 12 Series Without Charger And Earpods by davomaster(m): 10:02pm On Jun 30, 2020
Creating a problem then sell the solution. Typical of Apple.

(1) (Reply)

Huawei Introduce It's First Hicar / Samsung Users Help; How Do I Remove This Padlock On My Call Screen? / I Want This Phone???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.