Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Black Footballers In UK Should 'form Coalition', Says Leader Of US Organisation - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Black Footballers In UK Should 'form Coalition', Says Leader Of US Organisation (197 Views)

Top 10 Most Decorated Footballers In The World / 10 Footballers Whose Greed And Lifestyle Ruined Their Career / 8 Funny Nicknames Of Famous Nigerian Footballers And Their Origins (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Black Footballers In UK Should 'form Coalition', Says Leader Of US Organisation by merror: 9:17am On Jun 30, 2020
Black footballers in England should form a coalition to help fight racism and address inequalities, says one of the leaders of a new US organisation. Over 70 footballers have formed a group called the Black Players Coalition of MLS in the United States and Canada. USA international Justin Morrow said: "My hope is black players in England will create their own coalition and eventually we will collaborate. "I think it's something, as they know themselves, that's very needed." The 32-year-old Toronto FC right-back, who has four caps for the United States, says that the death of George Floyd pushed the group to form. Floyd, a 46-year-old unarmed black man, died after being restrained by a white Minneapolis police officer on 25 May. Keep up the pressure against racism - Deeney Premier League wants to be on right side of history - Wright "We're getting a lot of interest," added Morrow, the Coalition's executive director. "I absolutely do think that it could be picked up over there [the UK]. "Not only in England but in a lot of leagues over there. That's something I'm very hopeful for in the future." The group aims to "address racial inequalities in MLS, fight racism in soccer, elevate black voices and positively impact black communities across the USA and Canada". "We look around Major League Soccer and we don't see much black representation at the high levels," Morrow added. "I'm talking about executives in Major League Soccer, all the way down to head coaches and into academy coaches. "We look at representation in the Major League Soccer players' association and we don't see much black representation there either. That's something we want to change."
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53226505

Re: Black Footballers In UK Should 'form Coalition', Says Leader Of US Organisation by FreakDesign: 9:20am On Jun 30, 2020
This racism issue is getting out of hand.
Re: Black Footballers In UK Should 'form Coalition', Says Leader Of US Organisation by merror: 9:38am On Jun 30, 2020
this is a good idea. I support it

(1) (Reply)

Greenland Tips / Jurgen Klopp: 'I Want A Liverpool Team With A Scouse Soul' / Billy Gilmour Ruled Out For The Rest Of The Season Due To Knee Injury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.