Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,101 members, 7,835,714 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

‘I Have Nothing To Fear’, Shehu Sani Replies EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Have Nothing To Fear’, Shehu Sani Replies EFCC (303 Views)

Bobrisky: A Shameless, Disorderly And Idle Institution - Odinkalu Replies EFCC / I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC / Shehu Sani Replies Deji Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Have Nothing To Fear’, Shehu Sani Replies EFCC by lekanolas: 1:02pm On Jun 30, 2020
A former Senator who represented Kaduna Central in the last Senate, Shehu Sani says he has nothing to fear over the allegations of fraud levelled against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Sani was responding to threats by the commission that the bail granted him will be revoke if he fails to appear in court on the next adjourned date.

EFCC is prosecuting Sani for allegedly collecting money in the name of the EFCC’s acting chairman, Ibrahim Magu.

Sani was said to have collected the sum of USD$25,000.00 (Twenty-five Thousand United States Dollars) from Alhaji Sani Dauda of ASD Motors, Kaduna, under a false pretence that he would use the sum to bribe Magu, to shield Dauda from EFCC’s investigation .

He was arrested on December 30, 2019 but was released on bail after spending four weeks in the custody of the EFCC.

He was admitted to bail in the sum of N10m by Justice Inyan Ekwo of the Federal High Court, Abuja.

At the resumed hearing on Monday, June 29, Sani’s counsel, A.A. Ibrahim SAN had informed the court that the defendant was not in court because his neighbour just died of COVID-19, following which the Kaduna State Government placed a movement restriction in the area.

Ibrahim pleaded with the court to adjourn the case to enable his client to be physically present in court.

The plea was, however, rejected by the EFCC’s counsel, Abba Mohammed, who noted that one of the witnesses he planned to present in court came from the same Kaduna Sani complained about.

Justice Ekwo granted Ibrahim’s appeal and adjourned the the case till July 6,7,8 and 9, 2020 for continuation of trial.

But, the EFCC in a statement by its Head of Media and Publicity, Dele Oyewale shortly after the judge’s ruling twisted the report and painted a picture that Sani was was avoiding the court.

Sani in response said he has nothing to fear as he had always attend court sittings since the beginning of his trial.

He noted that the commission will lose nothing by being honest and accurately telling the world what transpired in court on Monday since there was no media presence.

He promised to be in court at the next adjourned dates.
http://newsday.com.ng/i-have-nothing-to-fear-shehu-sani-replies-efcc/
Re: ‘I Have Nothing To Fear’, Shehu Sani Replies EFCC by TransflectTP(m): 1:05pm On Jun 30, 2020
undecided
Re: ‘I Have Nothing To Fear’, Shehu Sani Replies EFCC by iTroll: 1:08pm On Jun 30, 2020
Even if he has skeleton in his cupboard.. He has done his homework and has seen that he has the right connections to choke and close the case should he be exposed.

Na connection be everything
Re: ‘I Have Nothing To Fear’, Shehu Sani Replies EFCC by JAOS(m): 1:11pm On Jun 30, 2020
time will tell
Re: ‘I Have Nothing To Fear’, Shehu Sani Replies EFCC by SmartProf(m): 1:17pm On Jun 30, 2020
Ok
Re: ‘I Have Nothing To Fear’, Shehu Sani Replies EFCC by SmartProf(m): 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2020
Thanks for your reply Sir. We'll get back to you soonest, this time around with El rufai - EFCC.
Re: ‘I Have Nothing To Fear’, Shehu Sani Replies EFCC by DaddyRochie1642: 1:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
The Should grab him by the Neck and Beat The Truth Out Of Him grin

(1) (Reply)

Osagie Ize-iyamu, Denies Pouring Acid On A Student During His Undergraduate Days / Just In: Apc Establishes “apc-nec Integrity Group” / Drama Between An Ikorodu Driver And Federal Road Safety Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.