Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Can Beans Make Someone Sick? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can Beans Make Someone Sick? (724 Views)

Does Beans Make People Tall / Why Beans And Ripe Plantain Combination Is Called 'Delicious Poison' / Different Types Of People When They Fall Sick (images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Beans Make Someone Sick? by derealj(m): 10:48pm On Jun 30, 2020
To everyone reading, I greet you all. First of all I'm not a beans person, but I do eat beans occasionally and it's important to note that this haven't happened to me before until I bought this particular beans three months ago. I've noticed that the three times I cooked the beans and ate, I become sick. Initially I didn't treat anything but the sickness left on it's own. The second time I treated malaria, the third time I treated malaria and typhoid. Then I felt something was wrong and I stopped eating it. Now during the weekend, my neighbor gave me beans to eat and I'm sick again. I always make sure I wash the beans well and drain the water also while cooking. Could it be I'm allergic to a Preservative in the beans or I'm now allergic to beans? Please anyone that has an idea or have experienced the same thing should come forward.

The beans is still plenty now and I was planning to give it out but I'm afraid the person I give it to might experience the same thing.
Please mods move to front page for wider audience.
Re: Can Beans Make Someone Sick? by Vyzz: 10:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
Bro eat well... Anything that your body doesn't require.... It notifies u in a weird way since it can't speak....

The only sickness I know beans can give is messing sickness though
Re: Can Beans Make Someone Sick? by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Jun 30, 2020
Eat your beans abeg! grin
Re: Can Beans Make Someone Sick? by Classworked(m): 12:16am On Jul 01, 2020
derealj:
To everyone reading, I greet you all. First of all I'm not a beans person, but I do eat beans occasionally and it's important to note that this haven't happened to me before until I bought this particular beans three months ago. I've noticed that the three times I cooked the beans and ate, I become sick. Initially I didn't treat anything but the sickness left on it's own. The second time I treated malaria, the third time I treated malaria and typhoid. Then I felt something was wrong and I stopped eating it. Now during the weekend, my neighbor gave me beans to eat and I'm sick again. I always make sure I wash the beans well and drain the water also while cooking. Could it be I'm allergic to a Preservative in the beans or I'm now allergic to beans? Please anyone that has an idea or have experienced the same thing should come forward.

The beans is still plenty now and I was planning to give it out but I'm afraid the person I give it to might experience the same thing.
Please mods move to front page for wider audience.

Do you have stomach cramps ? Could be Irritable bowel syndrome.
Re: Can Beans Make Someone Sick? by derealj(m): 1:29am On Jul 01, 2020
Classworked:

Do you have stomach cramps ? Could be Irritable bowel syndrome.

Not when I didn't eat the beans.
Re: Can Beans Make Someone Sick? by Classworked(m): 7:03am On Jul 01, 2020
derealj:

But when you eat the beans, you have cramps in you upper stomach near your heart like a heart burn or in your sides near your rib cage and lower abdomen and you have an illusion feeling that the pain also comes from your back?
Re: Can Beans Make Someone Sick? by derealj(m): 8:29am On Jul 01, 2020
Classworked:

But when you eat the beans, you have cramps in you upper stomach near you heart like a heart burn or in you sides near your rib cage and lower abdomen like and you have an illusion feeling that the pain also comes from your back?
Exactly, I even had to go for an ECG and Electrochardiogram the last time. The back pain is still there sef.
Re: Can Beans Make Someone Sick? by Classworked(m): 9:16am On Jul 01, 2020
derealj:

Exactly, I even had to go for an ECG and Electrochardiogram the last time. The back pain is still there sef.

You're a very observant person for noticing what happens when you eat beans. You most likely have an irritable bowel syndrome. It doesn't have a cure actually and it's nothing serious. Very many people have it and you were likely born with it.

The same reaction has always been there since you were a child but you did not notice it. I guess you may have developed hypertension as an adult or have another defect which triggers the pain of the Irritable bowel syndrome when you eat beans which you are allergic to .

A study showed that hypertension correlates with rectal pain and magnifies it for people with irritable bowel syndrome.

If you can't stay without beans , you can eat a little quantity with rice . But avoid eating it just before bedtime.

If you can substitute beans directly you may do so for your comfort and exercise at least 10 minutes a day. You'll be fine.

Eat cucumbers , cabbage, garden eggs, carrots , pineapple and such fruits and vegetables.
Re: Can Beans Make Someone Sick? by derealj(m): 10:12am On Jul 01, 2020
Classworked:

You're a very observant person for noticing what happens when you eat beans. You most likely have an irritable bowel syndrome. It doesn't have a cure actually and it's nothing serious. Very many people have it and you were likely born with it.

The same reaction has always been there since you were a child but you did not notice it. I guess you may have developed hypertension as an adult or have another defect which triggers the pain of the Irritable bowel syndrome when you eat beans which you are allergic to .

A study showed that hypertension correlates with rectal pain and magnifies it for people with irritable bowel syndrome.

If you can't stay without beans , you can eat a little quantity with rice . But avoid eating it just before bedtime.

If you can substitute beans directly you may do so for your comfort and exercise at least 10 minutes a day. You'll be fine.

Eat cucumbers , cabbage, garden eggs, carrots , pineapple and such fruits and vegetables.

This was so helpful and accurate, especially the hypertension part it was reading 148/84mmhg. The doctor gave me some drugs shaa but said he wouldn't give me B.P drugs because I'm too young for it. Please should I take antimalarial again for the malaria symptoms I'm having?
Re: Can Beans Make Someone Sick? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 01, 2020
derealj:

Baba there's nothing wrong with beans oo..I can eat beans even in my sleep sef the only - na to dey mess mess and shyting lol.
Re: Can Beans Make Someone Sick? by derealj(m): 12:51pm On Jul 01, 2020
campbell118:

Baba there's nothing wrong with beans oo..I can eat beans even in my sleep sef the only - na to dey mess mess and shyting lol.
Well if it goes well in your system, then there's no problem. Mine seems I have a condition.
Re: Can Beans Make Someone Sick? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 01, 2020
derealj:

Well if it goes well in your system, then there's no problem. Mine seems I have a condition.

One man food is another man poison.
Re: Can Beans Make Someone Sick? by Classworked(m): 1:56pm On Jul 01, 2020
derealj:

This was so helpful and accurate, especially the hypertension part it was reading 148/84mmhg. The doctor gave me some drugs shaa but said he wouldn't give me B.P drugs because I'm too young for it. Please should I take antimalarial again for the malaria symptoms I'm having?

You take drugs after diagnosis. Go for test to be sure its malaria or typhoid. It's nothing critical. Good luck. Eat healthy and take care of yourself . Health is wealth.
Re: Can Beans Make Someone Sick? by derealj(m): 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2020
Classworked:

You take drugs after diagnosis. Go for test to be sure its malaria or typhoid. It's nothing critical. Good luck. Eat healthy and take care of yourself . Health is wealth.
Thanks so much.

(1) (Reply)

. / Staphylococcus / Shortest Women In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.