Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names (5332 Views)

Mercy Eke: My 2 Hermes Bags Are More Popular Than Some People In Nigeria / Lady Tattoos Runtown's Real Names Around Her Bum Bum (Photos) / 100 Nigerian Music Artistes And Their Real Names ( See List ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by Revolva(m): 4:25am On Jul 01, 2020
Nollywood stars nickname is one interesting element about Nollywood and it is in the manner in which on-screen characters and entertainers obtain epithet by simply assuming a specific job which will leave vital minutes in the brains of film darlings.

These are 10 Nollywood stars whose epithets are more well known than their genuine names:

1. Babatunde Omidina aka Babasuwe

Babatunde Omidina regularly known as Babasuwe which signifies 'Father of Suwe', got the name after he assumed the job of a dad to his first spouse, who was named Suwe in the TV arrangement titled Erinkeke.

2.Mercy Johnson aka Dumebi

This epithet stuck to Mercy Johnson in 2014 after she assumed the job of a town young lady in a film titled Dumebi.

3. Funke Akindele aka Jenifa

When Funke Akindele got into the Nigerian film industry, she was notable for her job as the meddlesome little youngster in the arrangement, I Need To Know. Be that as it may, her acclaim and an extra moniker was to join her after she featured and co-created the honor winning blockbuster, Jenifa. Not did Funke just brought in cash, popularity and name for herself yet additionally got herself an evergreen epithet, Jenifa

4. Eniola Badmus aka Gbogbo Big Girls

Similarly as Funke Akindele made name, cash and acclaim for herself with the creation of Jenifa, so likewise did the epithet, Gbogbo Big Girls stuck on Eniola Badmus, who additionally featured in the film close by Ireti Osayemi, Ronke Odusanya, Iyabo Ojo and Bimbo Thomas.

5. Patience Ozokwor aka Mama G,G for general

Known for her shrewdness, mischievous and abhorrent jobs in Nollywood motion pictures, Patience Ozokwor a.k.a Mama G, has been one of the main thrusts behind the business' current achievement.

6. John Okafor aka Mr Ibu

Nollywood on-screen character John Okafor famously known as Mr Ibu can make you burst into chuckling even without expressing a word. He his probably the most interesting man in Africa.

Throughout the years, he has made his name for himself with the Mr Ibu brand and numerous fans don't have a clue about his genuine name. The on-screen character has highlighted in motion pictures like Mr Ibu, Mr Ibu in London, and so forth.

7.Osita Iheme aka Pawpaw

Osita Iheme is broadly known as Pawpaw for assuming the job of Pawpaw in the film Aki na Ukwa close by Chinedu Ikedieze.

8. Chinedu Ikedieze aka Aki

Chinedu Ikedieze got this epithet in the wake of playing nearby Osita Iheme in larger part of the motion pictures after their achievement as pair in the 2002 film Aki na Ukwa.

9. Hafiz Oyetoro aka Saka

At the notice of the name Saka, admirers of Nigeria TV promotions and motion pictures will reel out chuckling as his moniker has since become a commonly recognized name. In any case, just a couple of realizes that Hafiz Oyetoro got his moniker from his job as Simply Saka in a Greg Odutayo created sitcom, House A-section.

10. Nkem Owoh aka Osuofia /Ukwa

Notice the name Ukwa and Veteran Nollywood on-screen character, Nkem Owoh will answer with a comforting grin that leaves him with affectionate recollections of his job in Ukwa in 1995 nearby other enormous names, for example, Sam Loco and Patience Ozokwor.

Nkem Owoh is likewise notable for his lead job in the 2003 film, Osuofia in London, which earned him another epithet, Osuofia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-j3UDi6_F0

cc -Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

4 Likes

Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by MightySparrow: 6:06am On Jul 01, 2020
OP,I think you mean 'stage name more popular than real name' pls note.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by MrSensor(m): 6:27am On Jul 01, 2020
Kanayo o kanayo, no one can beat that stage name. Even today most people don't know his real name Anayo Modestus Onyekwere.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by Revolva(m): 7:31am On Jul 01, 2020
MightySparrow:
OP,I think you mean 'stage name more popular than real name' pls note.

Thanks I have adjusted it

1 Like

Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by phemmyfour: 7:56am On Jul 01, 2020
11. Sunday Omobolanle: Aluwe (Papi luwe)

3 Likes

Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by fr3do(m): 10:21am On Jul 01, 2020
Osuofia
Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by Airtimex(m): 11:06am On Jul 01, 2020
Jim iyke should have been number one...

1 Like

Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by wiseone28: 11:33am On Jul 01, 2020
Op what about me?

Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by jasent(m): 11:37am On Jul 01, 2020
True, but I disagree with mercy Johnson, I am probably hearing her Stage name for the first time.

15 Likes

Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by lalasticlala(m): 11:48am On Jul 01, 2020
OP add pictures. That of Mercy Johnson is not true as someone rightly pointed out above.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by Elimon(m): 11:56am On Jul 01, 2020
MrSensor:
Kanayo o kanayo, no one can beat that stage name. Even today most people don't know his real name Anayo Modestus Onyekwere.

Was that a stage name or his real name
Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 01, 2020
Ogun Majek too
Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by MrSensor(m): 12:09pm On Jul 01, 2020
Elimon:

Was that a stage name or his real name
did you read what I have written. His stage name is kanayo o kanayo. I'm not talking about a popular movie role or a nickname. Kanayo o kanayo is not a nickname, it's a stage name and his real name is Anayo Modestus Onyekwere.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by Galactico4ever(m): 1:08pm On Jul 01, 2020
How does this increase the value of the Naira

1 Like

Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by Missyajoke(f): 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2020
Galactico4ever:
How does this increase the value of the Naira

grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by Vulcanheph(m): 2:14pm On Jul 01, 2020
MrSensor:
did you read what I have written. His stage name is kanayo o kanayo. I'm not talking about a popular movie role or a nickname. Kanayo o kanayo is not a nickname, it's a stage name and his real name is Anayo Modestus Onyekwere.
This comment is even more Shocking than the thread itself.....i knew about most of the people on that list, but kanayo own Shock me wella

8 Likes

Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by TheGiftedOne(m): 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2020
Segun Arinze aka Black Arrow

Ramsey Noah aka Stanley

2 Likes

Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by Samylekey(m): 3:03pm On Jul 01, 2020
cool
Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by omobacyprus(m): 3:09pm On Jul 01, 2020
Ogogo - Mr “mo fi titobi olorun oba bura” grin

3 Likes

Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by sunshineV(f): 3:32pm On Jul 01, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
....... Segun Arinze aka Black Arrow

Ramsey Noah aka Stanley

never knew these two by this name.
even Mercy Johnson as dumebi
Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by sandracute(f): 3:58pm On Jul 01, 2020
[s]
sunshineV:

never knew these two by this name.
even Mercy Johnson as dumebi
[/s]
Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by MrSensor(m): 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
Vulcanheph:

This comment is even more Shocking than the thread itself.....i knew about most of the people on that list, but kanayo own Shock me wella
you are not a nollywood fan. Kanayo o kanayo is the well known actor that mostly play the role of a ritualist in nollywood movies. If you watch one of his movies, you will either hate or like him.

Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by nazablossom(f): 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
MrSensor:

Seriously? I'm just hearing this for the first time.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by nazablossom(f): 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2020
Airtimex:
Jim iyke should have been number one...
I think his real name is James Ikechukwu. I have seen it before
Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by nazablossom(f): 4:07pm On Jul 01, 2020
Saint Obi- Obinna Nwafor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by MrSensor(m): 4:08pm On Jul 01, 2020
nazablossom:
Seriously? I'm just hearing this for the first time.
yes baby.
Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by nazablossom(f): 4:09pm On Jul 01, 2020
MrSensor:
yes baby.
Thanks for the info
Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by Airtimex(m): 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2020
nazablossom:
I think his real name is James Ikechukwu. I have seen it before

Yeah...James Ikechukwu Esomugha
Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by ferdybillion(m): 5:06pm On Jul 01, 2020
Baba go slow nko?
Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by nazablossom(f): 5:31pm On Jul 01, 2020
Airtimex:

Yeah...James Ikechukwu Esomugha
Okay
Re: 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names by armadeo(m): 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2020
MrSensor:

For real.

I never knew this. Interesting...

Meanwhile he be looking at all the posters like.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 Beautiful Photos Of The Nigerian Celebrity Who Allegedly Baths With Milk And / Reactions As Bobrisky's Inner Wear Reveals Holes And Dirt (photos) / Pictures Of Actresses Clarion Chukwura, Mercy Johnson Having Fun On Set

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.