Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,579 members, 7,958,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:38 AM

19 Year Old UNILORIN Student Jailed For Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 19 Year Old UNILORIN Student Jailed For Fraud (525 Views)

Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

19 Year Old UNILORIN Student Jailed For Fraud by TheELIMINATOR: 7:51am On Jul 01, 2020
A 19-year-old chemistry student of the University of Ilorin, Ajayi Joshua Oluwatobi, on Tuesday, bagged a nine-month jail-term for defrauding three students seeking hostel accommodation.

The charge sheet brought against convicted Oluwatobi by the Ilorin Zonal office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, read, ” That you, Ajayi Joshua Oluwatobi, in the month of November 2019, in Ilorin within the jurisdiction of this honorable court, did cheat by deceiving one Anjorin Oluwabukolami Eniola, a university of Ilorin student, when you fraudulently induced her to pay N45,000 into GT bank account number 045262140 of one Hassan Adefemi Daniel, for hostel accommodation, representation you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 320 of the Penal code and punishable under Section 322 of the same code.”

Justice Sikiru Oyinloye of a Kwara state high court in Ilorin, convicted and sentenced the defendant to nine months imprisonment. The trial judge also fined the convict N105,000 to serve as a deterrent to others.

Owolabi ran into trouble when the UNILORIN authorities reported his conducts to the EFCC alleging that he defrauded three hostel accommodation seekers.

While passing the sentence, Justice Oyinloye said, ” the defendant was brought before this Court on a three-count charge, the charges were read to him and he pleaded guilty.

“This court accept the evidence of the prosecution, the one-way testimonies of the sole prosecution witness,” the judge noted.

“You are hereby convicted for the offence,” Justice Oyinloye declared.

In his allocutos, J A O Ayinde urged the court “to temper justice with mercy and give his client an option of fine rather than custodial sentence.”

Responding, the prosecution counsel, Andrew Akoja, said, “My Lord, the issue of sentencing is within the discretion of the court.”

Justice Oyinloye sentenced Oluwatobi to three months improvement on counts 1, 2, and 3.

He said the sentence would run concurrently with additional fine of N105,000.

SOURCE: Dailypost.ng https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2020/06/30/19-year-old-unilorin-student-jailed-for-fraud/
Re: 19 Year Old UNILORIN Student Jailed For Fraud by Blitz4real(m): 7:52am On Jul 01, 2020
He is too young for that.
Re: 19 Year Old UNILORIN Student Jailed For Fraud by Denique(f): 7:56am On Jul 01, 2020
Blitz4real:

For the jail term or crime committed?

Blitz4real:

For the crime ma

He started early, so that, by age 25 he'd tell us how he "perspired to inspire his desires to acquire the millions he would have"

For someone who barely is an adult, you can imagine such in government if he could do that to his peers

...good he was caught early too before he relocates to Dubai...

Modified:
Thanks...even though you quoted me again. Looks like you want to occupy the FP tongue

1 Like

Re: 19 Year Old UNILORIN Student Jailed For Fraud by Blitz4real(m): 7:56am On Jul 01, 2020
Denique:

For the jail term or the crime committed?
For the crime ma
Re: 19 Year Old UNILORIN Student Jailed For Fraud by NiklauseFred(m): 8:00am On Jul 01, 2020
Blitz4real:
But not too young to defraud people of their hard earned money.
Re: 19 Year Old UNILORIN Student Jailed For Fraud by 2shure: 8:26am On Jul 01, 2020
The average nigerian mindset is filled with scams. My gen guy scammed me, even bread seller scammed me. I was so mad yeaterday.i saw a bug in the bread i bought for 300naira. It was so xo disgusting. After downing 3 out of 6 hufty bread.i saw a bug coming out from the left over remaining. I almost vomited cos i spent 1k on getting bread and sadine . Redish small bug came out and i saw it. .i was scammed by the bread seller.from even buy direct from bakery you will still see bugs or perceive a funny human smell on the surface of the bread like perfume or stupid workers at bakery sitting on bread. Infact i go dey prepare bread myself henceforth. Naija is a scam country. We always love cutting corners ,lying.selling expired drinks,consumables. Its officialy end time
Re: 19 Year Old UNILORIN Student Jailed For Fraud by Blitz4real(m): 8:39am On Jul 01, 2020
Denique:

For the jail term or crime committed?

He started early, so that, by age 25 he'd tell us how he "perspired to inspire his desires to acquire the millions he would have"

For someone who barely is an adult, you can imagine such in government if he could do that to his peers

...good he was caught early too before he relocates to Dubia...

Blitz4real kindly help me correct my earlier post. There are some typos. Quoting you here to avoid multiple posts. Thanks
Lol grin

(1) (Reply)

Youths Storm Station As Car Chased By Police Kills Bike Rider In Delta / Woman And Baby Discovered In A Well Days After Kidnap / Black Lives Matter Goes Wrong As Black Man Fight White Policeman (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.